• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Shalom,

Nowadays we attend a wonderful church. It is vibrant and alive and always reaching the unsaved. We have people saved in almost every service.

I attend as often as possible. We have 4 services on Sunday. Two locations, each with 2 services. One is the Pastor live and the other is live via satellite or something like that! :o

Anyway, I sing in the choir, so sometimes I go to both services on Sunday. Then we usually have our church Home Fellowship Group that meets Sunday evening at 6PM while our children are in Youth Group.

Then, we have special meetings during the week. Sometimes we'll have things on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays.

We have church service on Wednesday nights and also we have Adult Bible Studies. I teach ladies' Bible Study usually. When I'm not teaching, I'm taking a class or attending the service.

So, basically, we are there often, as often as the L-rd leads. And, we try to help with the community outreaches as well. Our children go on the Mission trips too.

It's a great place to serve Jesus alongside our brothers and sisters and also learn and mature in the faith as well as enjoy the wonderful worship experience.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

YES, becuase I found a good baptist one that is true to the Word.

It is not perfect, and I am alone there basically, but God uses it for good.

Being around other believers is so refreshing in my opinion.

I go on Sunday mostly. I work nights and have to ride the bus to work, so the Wednesday services and things during the week don't work out too well for me. I'm also looking for a church that's a little closer to the house that would (hopefully) be easier to get to and from. I'd like to get more involved, but that's not really an option right now.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

Shalom Hupo,

Knowing you as I do, I say a hearty "AMEN" to your post.

You are exactly correct, you do nto need the 'approval" of other Believers in the Messiah, you need to follow the Holy Spirit! Only He knows whether this JW may turn to Yeshua by studying with you! I do know that you yourself will be strengthened in your faith and apologetics (what you believe and why) as you study.

You said yourself that your studies prove how far apart you both are in your beliefs so I have no doubt that the L-rd is leading you and guiding you.

As for advice, well, it's like anything, bring it to the L-rd and do what HE says, His direction is more important than someone's opinion. Nobody knows what's best for you except the L-rd. We can only toss in our opinions and they are not worth much since everyone has one! :emot-hug:

Shalom Vickilynn :emot-hug:

Haven't seen you around for a while. Whatever your posts may be about, it is always a feeling of a friend dropping in for a chat.

As for your post. Other people's opinions do matter. It is just a matter of priorities and what one actually sees in someone's opinion.

While I don't exactly see things the same as FloatingAxe here, I do feel a genuine concern which in itself is valuable (to me, anyway).

So we can listen to other people's opinions and place them in the right order of things, then there is no confusion on who we should be following.

Blessings Vickilynn and you too Floatingaxe, if you are reading this :emot-hug:

:th_praying:

By the way, Vickilynn, I never got any reaction from that Hebrew Forum.......

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/28/1982

I go to Church every Sunday morning. I have actually just come out of a bit of a attendance slump but now its all good! :emot-highfive:

I approach Church the same way the desciples did in Acts. We gather in houses to discuss the gospel and do studies. Then on Sunday we all go to "temple". My relationship with God is a personal one and He teaches me through His Word. At Church I get a chance to fellowship with my extended family that I dont get a chance to see during the week and am spoon-fed scripture from the pastor. There is nothing wrong with that at all. In fact its a wonderful thing but ultimately its a meeting place for believers.

I think its important that every believer goes for their own personal growth. The Bible even says that we should. I dont think however that we should go 7 days a week unless you are convicted to do so.

God bless!

Sean

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom Hupo,

Knowing you as I do, I say a hearty "AMEN" to your post.

You are exactly correct, you do not need the 'approval" of other Believers in the Messiah, you need to follow the Holy Spirit! Only He knows whether this JW may turn to Yeshua by studying with you! I do know that you yourself will be strengthened in your faith and apologetics (what you believe and why) as you study.

You said yourself that your studies prove how far apart you both are in your beliefs so I have no doubt that the L-rd is leading you and guiding you.

As for advice, well, it's like anything, bring it to the L-rd and do what HE says, His direction is more important than someone's opinion. Nobody knows what's best for you except the L-rd. We can only toss in our opinions and they are not worth much since everyone has one! :)

Shalom Vickilynn :)

Haven't seen you around for a while. Whatever your posts may be about, it is always a feeling of a friend dropping in for a chat.

As for your post. Other people's opinions do matter. It is just a matter of priorities and what one actually sees in someone's opinion.

While I don't exactly see things the same as FloatingAxe here, I do feel a genuine concern which in itself is valuable (to me, anyway).

So we can listen to other people's opinions and place them in the right order of things, then there is no confusion on who we should be following.

Blessings Vickilynn and you too Floatingaxe, if you are reading this :)

:thumbsup:

By the way, Vickilynn, I never got any reaction from that Hebrew Forum.......

Shalom Hupo,

Yeah, I'm sorry about that forum. I'm there, but it's very slow, hardly any posts. I'll keep looking for a good Messianic forum and let you know.

I guess you and I disagree about other's opinions. I think people's opinions are like "belly buttons" - everyone has one!! :wub: But in reality, to me anyway, no one's opinion makes the difference when it comes to following G-d. I am glad you feel concern from others in their posting of opinion, sometimes that is true and other times it is not. Some people think their opinions are more valid than others (not talking about anyone in particular, but in general) and they get upset when you disagree with their opinion. But hey, opinions are just that. I'll take the Word of G-d and the leading of the Holy Spirit over opinions any day!!

BUT, there is also a place for wise counsel. I just choose those people very carefully and make sure they are listening to the L-rd and not just giving opinion.

I feel you are wise enough and strong enough to discern what is important what what is not in other's opinions. Like eating a steak, keep the meat and spit out the gristle! :emot-heartbeat:

Hey Brother, I love you and think of you and your family often!! I hope and pray to one day come back to the Holy Land and visit with y'all again.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/17/1945

What is "church" isn't it the Body of Christ. I am member of the Body of Christ. I don't choose to be a member on Saturday, Sunday or some other day. I am in the Church wherever I am, I am in it by faith. And I thank God for the way in which He has led me through the "wilderness", so that I am not dependent on christain social clubs, nice singing, endless tea and biscuits, or the need to uplift certain people as being much more than myself before God.

Like Seekeroftruth, I have lived in the Middle East, and have found that if you are standing on anything other than Christ Himself (i.e. organizations, good times, friends etc), then when the difficulties come, watch out! If God sees in your life for a "removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain", then trust Him, that He is bringing you to Himself, apart from all the superficiality that is in Christendom today.

Do I "go to church?" No, I am in His church endeavouring to be where He would have me to be for His Glory. Not my own, or anyone else's.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

What is "church" isn't it the Body of Christ. I am member of the Body of Christ. I don't choose to be a member on Saturday, Sunday or some other day. I am in the Church wherever I am, I am in it by faith. And I thank God for the way in which He has led me through the "wilderness", so that I am not dependent on christain social clubs, nice singing, endless tea and biscuits, or the need to uplift certain people as being much more than myself before God.

Like Seekeroftruth, I have lived in the Middle East, and have found that if you are standing on anything other than Christ Himself (i.e. organizations, good times, friends etc), then when the difficulties come, watch out! If God sees in your life for a "removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain", then trust Him, that He is bringing you to Himself, apart from all the superficiality that is in Christendom today.

Do I "go to church?" No, I am in His church endeavouring to be where He would have me to be for His Glory. Not my own, or anyone else's.

If you think that is what "church" is, you are missing the boat. You need to be concerned about the other's spiritual welfare. Seems like an ego thing to me to not fellowship. Iron sharpens iron, you know. If you aren't hanging your shield in the House, then what army are you in?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/17/1945

If you think that is what "church" is, you are missing the boat. You need to be concerned about the other's spiritual welfare. Seems like an ego thing to me to not fellowship. Iron sharpens iron, you know. If you aren't hanging your shield in the House, then what army are you in?

Missing what boat?? What is it that I think "church" is? I think I stated more what it isn't! "If we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another", and truly, our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. True fellowship comes from following Him, and is in Him. You are quoting out of context (iron sharpeneth iron). Do we need to be a member of some organization to be sharpened, and where is this about "hanging your shield in the house" coming from?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Missing what boat?? What is it that I think "church" is? I think I stated more what it isn't! "If we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another", and truly, our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. True fellowship comes from following Him, and is in Him. You are quoting out of context (iron sharpeneth iron). Do we need to be a member of some organization to be sharpened, and where is this about "hanging your shield in the house" coming from?

We need a covering. We need shepherding. What do you think God is raising us up to be? Solitary sheep? No. Sheep belong in a fold. Even missionary sheep need a shepherd and fellow sheep to cover them. Solitaries get eaten alive by wolves.