• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Legalize it so that people can get the medical benefit from it.

Correction: Legalize it only for medical usage.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/29/1974

Anything that impaires judgement or driving should be illegal. Do you want your surgeons or bus drivers influenced that way? Like cigarrettes? Its illegal for a reason, keep it that way. Dont defile your temple or your senses or judgement.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

Anything that impaires judgement or driving should be illegal. Do you want your surgeons or bus drivers influenced that way? Like cigarrettes? Its illegal for a reason, keep it that way. Dont defile your temple or your senses or judgement.

I don't want busdrivers and surgeons influenced by alcohol, either. But that's legal. Regulate it -- nobody's saying make it just as legal as cigarrettes. Make it more like alcohol, and enforce it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Recent studies have indicated that Marijuana use has a relatively high incidence of producing severe psychoses.

Nonetheless, I say make Marijuana and every other drug a simple over the counter purchase. I have no desire for the 'Nanny-State' to protect adults from themselves.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

A pill form of it has been available by prescription for years, decades...and yet they still talk about legalizing medicinal marijuana.

Keep it illegal.

This pill form isn't good enough. This pill doesn't include the other properties of the herb that work together to prevent side effects, as well as it only does a couple things. The herb form works much better in its natural state.

Besides why should anyone take a pill form at its exhorbitant prices. All you do is switch from a affordable source to a unaffordable source.

How do you, as Christians, feel on this issue?

As a Christian I think it would be wrong to legalize it. I don't see how one as a Christian can say it is God's will to legalize marijuana.

I am assuming you are talking about use across the board and not just for medical purposes. I do not have a problem with using it for medical purposes under the control of a doctor.

there in lies the problem. Under control of a doctor. By the time you go to a doctor and spend 150.00 for a office visit, and then go and buy the"approved" sale of it for another 200 bucks for the prescription form, you have 350 bucks in a product that only cost 50 bucks. why should anyone waste their money on that!

it is not the Governments job nro the christians job to protect people from themselves. isn't that removing their free will??

I don't particularly like the intrusive war on drugs but don't really believe legalizing marijuana is any good either.

But as a Christian I would have to say it would be wrong to legalize it.

OC

war on drugs is nothing more than a means of Government to sieze property without a court action in violation of the constitution. it feeds itself. They have absolutely NO incentive to win this war since it would put thousands of people out of work if they actually won.

Correction: Legalize it only for medical usage.

NO correction necessary, I said what i ment!

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

I don't smoke pot. I don't want to smoke pot. But compared to many legal drugs in this country, pot can be seen as mild. If people are responsible with their marijuana use, I see no problem allowing it to be legalized. The same penalties can be enacted as if someone was caught drinking and driving in public. Same with pot; if you are using it irresponsibly, you pay a fine/go to jail. But legalizing pot would be a huge hit to profits drug dealers get, and making it legal could also make it much more regulated, and safe for public use.

Keep it illegal and make stronger regulations.

I did smoke pot when I was in my early twenties. It did enough damage to my life to consider it not a good idea. After I came to the Lord, God delivered me from smoking it in a rather dramatic event. And I have to say, that satan was really mad that he lost that hold in my life.

My brother has been smoking pot for 20+ years and it's made a mess of him. Eventually, he progressed to medical drugs and has been hooked on those for some time. He only recently admitted this. It has made a mess of his life. Plus it has also kept him very closed to God.

Anything that has the potential to do this kind of damage needs to be regulated. Not everyone is as sensitive to being hooked but for those that are it's very damaging. It's not just the physical characteristics, but it hooks one on an emotional level as well. At least it isn't as likely to kill a person as quickly as other drugs.

I'm sorry to hear that about your brother, it truly is a shame. Again, I am not advocating smoking pot, but I still feel people have the right to use it. If you keep pot illegal, why not make alcohol illegal, and tylenol, and valium, and any other legal drug that is used and perscribed? What makes pot much different? The only thing is that it is illegal. I agree that pot should be regulated like alcohol; ticket or jailtime if caught using machinery while under the influnce, certain age limit (say 18), fines if being disorderly etc etc. But keeping it illegal just makes it more dangerous, more appealing to the curious, and out of control. Legalizing it will solve a lot of those problems.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I would agree with that, but even that can get touchy. There would have to be very tight controls on it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/18/1961

I am opposed to it being legalized for any purpose other than docter ordered, in the province I live in it is openly smoked at bus stops in parks, as people walk down the streets and I believe legalization would only increase this assault upon all non potsmokers. I am a recovering pot smoker with a backsliding tendency when bait is put before me. Just yesterday evening I was waiting for a bus and a group of young people lit up and the smoke literally drew my thinking away into the notion of it not being a bad thing . I give glory to God the Father that he restored me to sanity before I acted on my thoughts. Another concern I have is that marijuana is becoming commonly laced with speed, ecstacy and other drugs to increase addiction and sales to those who are in this business and legalizing it would not stop them they would only market cheaper than the legal route. I think by legalizing it a belief would take hold that it is not harmful. This is a lie and I would not support it.