IGNORED

Did anyone see the debate on TV last night?

undone

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

Vickilynn, I'm just glad my God is more powerful and more in control than some people's god appears to be!

:P

Shalom Isaiah,

I hear ya! I agree. Some people want to limit G-d. They want to be on His throne and take His place by saying that WE are the ones that are responsible for representing and defending the Gospel in our OWN abilities and strength! Nothing is further from the Scriptural truth! It is G-d and ONLY G-d and according to the Scriptures, the G-d I serve is able to do anything and use anybody!

Amen!! :emot-highfive:

Oh stop it. We are doing no such thing. We aren't "limiting God" by advocating that we should be obedient to His Word. Geeze. Try again. :emot-highfive:

Shalom K,

You're getting those knickers in a knot again. Try taking a few deep breaths and some Scriptures passages. That might help! :)

Haha...I don't wear knickers. :whistling: Trust me, I'm not upset. I'm actually finding this entertaining. Are you going to respond to my last post? Or just keeping talking about knickers? :21:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Haha...I don't wear knickers. :rolleyes: Trust me, I'm not upset. I'm actually finding this entertaining. Are you going to respond to my last post? Or just keeping talking about knickers? :24:

Shalom K,

Good to hear you're not upset. I certainly hate to see people getting upset in these discussions.

Naw, your post was pretty nasty for no reason and had too many personally-directed attacks instead of being focused on the issues, so I'll skip it. I'd rather discuss topics than respond to personal attacks.

I'm glad you're being entertained! See ya 'round! :taped:

Naw, your post was pretty nasty for no reason and had too many personally-directed attacks

Where? If you're going to accuse me of something, I'd like to see the proof of that. What part of my post specifically did you perceive to be "nasty" and "personally attacking"? :rolleyes:

instead of being focused on the issues,

LOL! It was ALL about the issues! :24:

I think you may be upset that took away your strawman. :taped:

so I'll skip it. I'd rather discuss topics than respond to personal attacks.

Again, show me the "personal attacks". There was plenty of content in that post that you could respond to. Unless you're just incapable of responding to people unless you can twist what they say? :24:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Oh look, Vicki posted the "victim card" - this equates to, "That was too long of a post for me to read. I don't want to debate. Yay rhetoric!"

Naw, your post was pretty nasty for no reason and had too many personally-directed attacks

Where? If you're going to accuse me of something, I'd like to see the proof of that. What part of my post specifically did you perceive to be "nasty" and "personally attacking"? :rolleyes:

Again, show me the "personal attacks". There was plenty of content in that post that you could respond to. Unless you're just incapable of responding to people unless you can twist what they say? :24:

Shalom K,

Ummm, look here at your post. Here's are 2 good examples. This is not the issues, nor is it glorifying to G-d.

There's no reason to be so rude and attacking. See ya!

Shalom,

I bid you both peace in Messiah Jesus.

Shalom K,

Ummm, look here at your post. Here's are 2 good examples. This is not the issues, nor is it glorifying to G-d.

There's no reason to be so rude and attacking. See ya!

Nice try, but you accused me of personally attacking you and being nasty in the other one :24: Those aren't attacking comments either though, by the way. If you think they are though, report them to a Moderator. I think it's pretty clear to most reading this topic that you've been misrepresenting what we've said (with a load of your own sarcasm too I might add) but when we take away the strawman (with a little humor of our own), suddenly Vick is offended. Awww, it's alright. I'm sure you're pretty frustrated right now. Maybe you didn't expect I'd actually respond to what you've said with some actual content to my post. Oh well, I was kind of expecting someone to play the victim in here at some point.

To be clear, I meant no offense by anything I posted. I was just frankly stating my perspective, showing where you were incorrect (at the very least in how you were presenting our arguments), and sharing my interpretation of Scripture. If you found that offensive, my apologies. If anything was learned from this topic however, I hope it's that we should be prepared to defend what we believe to the best of our ability. God deserves obedience, He deserves our best.

The bottom line is that God can, and does, use ANYONE. Be it a donkey, a heathen, an illiterate (like me :24: ), or a Christian whose indepth study of the Bible is well-known. Only God knows if this debate should have happened or not. But Romans 8:28-29 tells me He will use it for good. Since that is the case, what could it possibly matter who is right and who is wrong? We are not in control; God is in control!

:taped:

Well, we are in agreement here for the most part. Yes, God can (and does) use anything/anyone He wants. He is Redeemer, He can take what the enemy has meant for evil and use it for good (Genesis 50:20). But again, this does not excuse us from walking in obedience. This does not mean we take advantage of God, by jumping into situations that we are not prepared for and expecting Him to come through. That would be testing Him. My point is that God desires our best, and He deserves our best. Some of the people in here have been advocating ignorance, as if it's a spiritual gift....or have been defending intellectual laziness by using these verses that state God can do all things, etc. Just because God can use a donkey, doesn't mean we should all be as dumb as one. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

P.S. I closed this.

Peace,

Dave