IGNORED

Did anyone see the debate on TV last night?

undone

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

i watched what i could of the debate on the internet. i am glad ray and kirk did what they did. i wouldn't have the nerve, and i don't know what God put into their hearts about doing this thing.

i am sure people got many different things out of the broadcast. what i saw was the typical lies and misconstruing the scripture by people trying to disprove the truth of it. i saw an athiest attempt to disprove the bible by proof texting. taking a verse out of context and trying to prevent any debate on that verse by shouting down the other debater, in an attempt to say the bible says this or that, does it not, and then demanding of the other debater does it not? trying to prove a lie with the truth. then acting like they have proven their point. wrong.

i am sure the some athiests are claiming victory today, but remember, God's word does not come back void, so where is their victory? what i saw made the athiests look ignorant, i thought. i can't say how someone that was on the fence about christianity or the gospel might feel or think. i do know that God plants the desire in the heart of the believer when he draws them to himself, so i know many saw what the Lord had laid on their hearts and what God had opened their eyes to see. that is a good thing.

Praise God on his throne, his plan is always above our thinking.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I've read the thread and if there is a debate between Apothanein Kerdos and Vickie Lyn (sp)

I have to say - she is winning! Her arguments are the most persuasive. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I'm with "Smiles"on this one...

Two brothers in Christ went on National TV and preached the gospel. Hallelujah!!! That is what Kirk and Ray do...they have always been involved in teaching people how to preach the Gospel in ANY situation, without fear. Christianity is FILLED with people who don't know how to put themselves in situations to share the Gospel...Ray and Kirk are constantly showing us how easy it is.

For ALL of the alleged "knowledge" some Christians have about apologetics...they can't seem to do any better than email debates and little known classroom debates (that admittedly get ZERO press coverage). Perhaps the idea that Ray and Kirk are able to (and not afraid to) put themselves in VERY public arena's should be applauded and supported.

I don't care if it was two 5th graders defending Christianity...as long as they were defending the message of Christ...I'd support them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I don't mind giving Comfort/Cameron a warm and fuzzy hug for there effort. I'd just like to have seen a slam dunk because the opportunity existed on national TV. But who knows, Comfort/Cameron may have reached someone who otherwise wouldn't have been reached.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

You don't have to label anyone who defends the faith an apologetic and I don't recall Ray Comfort ever claiming he was one. Most christians will defend the faith if they are pushed, but Ray ans Kirk volunteered to do it publically. in front on national network. That takes guts. Why are you always so negative, AK. You always seem to enjoy putting people down.

I wish we had a few of their calibre and talent to stick into some the atheists and sceptics who post in our apolegitc forums. Someone has to speak out about the negative media hammering imposed on christianity in today's world.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

You don't have to label anyone who defends the faith an apologetic and I don't recall Ray Comfort ever claiming he was one. Most christians will defend the faith if they are pushed, but Ray ans Kirk volunteered to do it publically. in front on national network. That takes guts. Why are you always so negative, AK. You always seem to enjoy putting people down.

I wish we had a few of their calibre and talent to stick into some the atheists and sceptics who post in our apolegitc forums. Someone has to speak out about the negative media hammering imposed on christianity in today's world.

The part in bold was not necessary or edifying. It would be really nice if people could disagree without attacking one another personally. Frankly, it seems some people around here really enjoy putting AK down, but I guess that's different. :P

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Two brothers in Christ went on National TV and preached the gospel. Hallelujah!!! That is what Kirk and Ray do...they have always been involved in teaching people how to preach the Gospel in ANY situation, without fear. Christianity is FILLED with people who don't know how to put themselves in situations to share the Gospel...Ray and Kirk are constantly showing us how easy it is.

They were called to defend the Gospel, not preach it...there's a difference.

For ALL of the alleged "knowledge" some Christians have about apologetics...they can't seem to do any better than email debates and little known classroom debates (that admittedly get ZERO press coverage). Perhaps the idea that Ray and Kirk are able to (and not afraid to) put themselves in VERY public arena's should be applauded and supported.

That's all they can do? Do you even keep up with it? Of course not, that's rhetorical.

You don't have to label anyone who defends the faith an apologetic and I don't recall Ray Comfort ever claiming he was one. Most christians will defend the faith if they are pushed, but Ray ans Kirk volunteered to do it publically. in front on national network. That takes guts.

As I said, if I put on a police uniform and pull people over, even if I don't say I'm a police officer, I'm acting like one.

Also, just because someone does something gutsy doesn't mean they've done something right. Last week I ran out in 90mph wind while it was pouring rain just to grab a tree branch and run across the street with it. Why? Because, it was fun...and a gutsy thing. Was it the right thing to do? Of course not. :P

Why are you always so negative, AK. You always seem to enjoy putting people down.

I'm simply saying that people should not speak outside of their expertise. It just shouldn't happen, because it opens the potential for Christians to look bad.

Just so you know, I do like Ray Comfort. I think his heart is in the right place - he just shouldn't be speaking outside his realm of study in a public arena.

The part in bold was not necessary or edifying. It would be really nice if people could disagree without attacking one another personally. Frankly, it seems some people around here really enjoy putting AK down, but I guess that's different.

You didn't know that? It's wrong to put everyone down unless they disagree with you.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

If people don't like something, they are entitled to say.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/17/1982

Don't forget to pray for the lost souls who heard a clear gospel presentation. When it comes down to it, thats all that matters.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

If people don't like something, they are entitled to say.

Not by adding things like "Robo AK" or "it means you have no heart, you're a tin man!" and "why are you so negative?".....NO ONE is "entitled" to put someone down personally. If you don't know the difference then you should not be participating on this board. Read the TOS.