• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

Couple of days now since I bumped into something called "Baptism with the Holy Ghost"

I googled it and found it was a big controversy issue.

I must admit, I have never heard of this before and still am in the dark about it, or why it is such a controversy.

Can anyone enlighten me on this subject?

Hope this is not a "pandora's box"

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Ohhhhhhhh boy, will you be enlighted!

I'm still trying to figure it out myself :o

I'm still trying to figure it out myself :emot-hug:

Sounds like one hugh mystery :o:wub:

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I'm still trying to figure it out myself :emot-hug:

Sounds like one hugh mystery :o:wub:

:24: right back at cha!

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Couple of days now since I bumped into something called "Baptism with the Holy Ghost"

I must admit, I have never heard of this before and still am in the dark about it, or why it is such a controversy.

Shalom Hupo,

Yes, it is a Pandora's Box and the cause of many ugly responses here and on other boards. It is a BIG divisive issue in the Body and there are churches that split over this very issue.

That is not to say it should not be asked. It is a valid question and one that every Believer should ask.

However, I would encourage you to ask this question of those whom you know are solid in the faith, those whom you know personally that are wise in these areas and not rely on the opinions of people on message boards. You will get all sorts of replies, some are right, some are not and you may end up more confused than when you started.

Have you asked Dor about this? I would encourage you to ask her first before a group of people who you do not know what they believe and caould give you all sorts of wrong opinions.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

OY VEY!!

Shalom Hupo,

Yes, it is a Pandora's Box and the cause of many ugly responses here and on other boards. It is a BIG divisive issue in the Body and there are churches that split over this very issue.

That is not to say it should not be asked. It is a valid question and one that every Believer should ask.

However, I would encourage you to ask this question of those whom you know are solid in the faith, those whom you know personally that are wise in these areas and not rely on the opinions of people on message boards. You will get all sorts of replies, some are right, some are not and you may end up more confused than when you started.

Have you asked Dor about this? I would encourage you to ask her first before a group of people who you do not know what they believe and caould give you all sorts of wrong opinions.

Funny you should mention Dor. I have just logged in a chat with her. Sure I'll ask her.

I suddenly feel like i'm walking in a mine field.....

Thanks Vickilynn

Blessings :taped:

OY VEY!!

That Bad !?!? :taped::wub::help:

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

OY VEY!!

That Bad !?!? :taped::wub::help:

Shalom Hupo,

Yes.

Floating Axe and I have been [on opposite sides] in very heated, very nasty threads about this subject. You can do a search here on Worthy and read, but I warn you, it's not edifying and 3 of them have been locked recently.

I really encourage you to speak to Dor about this, I believe she will show you the truth from Scriptures which is what you need.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Churches teach difference viewpoints here

Some teach that this doesn't apply today as we are filled with the holy spirit at conversion. They believe the signs,healings etc.. gifts were only for the apostles for the early spreading of the gospel. They view the perfect in the following verse as the completion of the bible.

1 Cor 13: 8-10

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

The filling of the spirit is often viewed as their obedience to God. i.e.To have a more spirit filled life, Obey God. The practice of being slain in the spirit is also often not approved of. One of their arguments here is that no one in the bible fell backwards when being filled with the spirit, only those who are enemies of God.

Others teach it as two separate anointings. They believe that the spiritual gifts are still in existance today.See verse below

Mark 16: 17-18( some of the earliest manuscripts do not contain this portion of scripture)

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well

These are usually the Pentecostal/Charismatic churches. They regularly use tongues, filling of the spirit, slain in the spirit and holy laughter as evidence they are filled with the spirit.