• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Thanks hupo, maybe we can figure this out together!

:noidea:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

While looking up various stuff on this topic, I found out there are some 1000 christian denominations. Not to mention other religions, and the story of Babylon came to mind. We always laugh at the Jewish religion having so many different opinions. Two Jews = at least 3 opinions, and so on, but I see this is a world wide phenomena. The division of the human race is mind boggling.

I started out with this thread as being a controversial issue I needed to know about, and found it was a drop in the ocean compared to what is going on world-wide.

How can we honestly say that we belong to the body of Yeshua when every 2-bit church is split into umpteen denominations.

Yes, the word denominations makes it sound important and serious.

I have been so far removed from all this until now, I can tell you, I am in total shock !!

Is this what the body of Yeshua looks like ?

I just feel like crying my heart out....

This cannot be possible !!

Yet it is a fact .....

You can laugh satan, you are doing a "wonderful" job..... we are so dumb !!!!

Yeshua, we need you more than ever now!!

Please Father, listen to our prayers and restore us as in the days of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Walk with us as you did in the Galilee of 2000 years ago.

Father, don't let your light go out on us...

We are nothing without You, Yeshua

Father of lights, don't let your sun go down on us.

Take us out of this darkness.

We are so blind

Father, in yeshua's name I ask you, as You promised

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

While looking up various stuff on this topic, I found out there are some 1000 christian denominations. Not to mention other religions, and the story of Babylon came to mind. We always laugh at the Jewish religion having so many different opinions. Two Jews = at least 3 opinions, and so on, but I see this is a world wide phenomena. The division of the human race is mind boggling.

I started out with this thread as being a controversial issue I needed to know about, and found it was a drop in the ocean compared to what is going on world-wide.

How can we honestly say that we belong to the body of Yeshua when every 2-bit church is split into umpteen denominations.

Yes, the word denominations makes it sound important and serious.

I have been so far removed from all this until now, I can tell you, I am in total shock !!

Is this what the body of Yeshua looks like ?

I just feel like crying my heart out....

This cannot be possible !!

Yet it is a fact .....

You can laugh satan, you are doing a "wonderful" job..... we are so dumb !!!!

Please Father, listen to our prayers and restore us as in the days of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

We are so blind

Amen hupo............thats exactly how I feel!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

The article provided in this link is coming against eroneous doctrines that exist in some full gospel church but not all. To claim it does apply to all is no differen't than if I claim every Baptist church is alike, and that is clearly not the case. The doctrines of the Primitive Baptist Church are differen't from the Free Will Baptist, the Southern Baptist or the Northern Baptist. Being full gospel doesn't mean we agree on all points of doctrine.

Agreed. Not only are individual churches diverse in each denomination, but individuals cannot be boxed in their belief systems quite that neatly.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Hi hupo:

I invite you to go to the link I have provided as it hits on this subject to learn more. The following was written by a born again Christian involved in the charismatic/tongues movement in Toronto, Canada which has subsequently spread to America, and other places. He gives many warnings as God opened up his eyes through His Word.

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/cultsandcharismatic.html

The Vineyard, the Charismatic Church, and the Cults

Why I Write

Long before becoming a born-again Christian in the fall of 2000, I spent 7 years in a cult calling itself the Church of the Living Word, also known as

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/06/1961

Hello Hupo and all others that are contributing to this thread,

I would ask a few questions that may are may not help.

Is there reference to the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the Bible?

The Answer is simply YES!

Wait, yes there maybe many disagreements on many different facets about the Baptism but simple truth is it's in there.

Alright and more importantly what was the main purpose of the outpouring on these early believers?

To enpower and strengthen the Church in the absence of Jesus.

Not to save the believer, not to create a seperate class of Christians, But to so ignite in this early movement a burning desire to EVANGELIZE the world!

And might I add that is still His main purpose today to cause us to EVANGELIZE the World not to make Pentecostals better than Non-Pentecostals!

By the Way I am a Pentecostal Church Member and Assoc. Pastor

Now what "acts" by the Apostles and Disciples brought about the Outpouring?

The fact that they where all in one accord in other words ALL IN UNITY!

The Wonderful Gifts of the Baptism of The Holy Ghost were not given by God to cause us to fuss if we don't understand them.

But given to edify, to build up and to strengthen one another.

Some say that was for them only, a different time and day.

Well the enemy I face everyday is no less formiable today than he was back then, he still goes about as that same roaring lion walking to and fro seeking whom he may devour.

And he still desires to destroy each and everyone of God's Children no matter whether you believe or do not believe in the Baptism.

Friends if I must examine and try to understand each and every fine point to the nth degree about this and the many other scriptural doctrines we tend to fuss about.

Will I ever really be as that small child which Jesus used as an example to teach His Disciples as they asked Him who could believe?

A small child doesn't understand everything they just simply trust and believe.

Seeking God and His Will and Desiring to be Enpowered to Lift up My Brothers and Sisters and to most of all Win the Lost and increase the Kingdom of God,

Dugmando

:thumbsup:

:laugh:

We are so blind

:thumbsup:

:wub:

Hello Hupo and all others that are contributing to this thread,

I would ask a few questions that may are may not help.

Is there reference to the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the Bible?

The Answer is simply YES!

Wait, yes there maybe many disagreements on many different facets about the Baptism but simple truth is it's in there.

Alright and more importantly what was the main purpose of the outpouring on these early believers?

To enpower and strengthen the Church in the absence of Jesus.

Not to save the believer, not to create a seperate class of Christians, But to so ignite in this early movement a burning desire to EVANGELIZE the world!

And might I add that is still His main purpose today to cause us to EVANGELIZE the World not to make Pentecostals better than Non-Pentecostals!

By the Way I am a Pentecostal Church Member and Assoc. Pastor

Now what "acts" by the Apostles and Disciples brought about the Outpouring?

The fact that they where all in one accord in other words ALL IN UNITY!

The Wonderful Gifts of the Baptism of The Holy Ghost were not given by God to cause us to fuss if we don't understand them.

But given to edify, to build up and to strengthen one another.

Some say that was for them only, a different time and day.

Well the enemy I face everyday is no less formiable today than he was back then, he still goes about as that same roaring lion walking to and fro seeking whom he may devour.

And he still desires to destroy each and everyone of God's Children no matter whether you believe or do not believe in the Baptism.

Friends if I must examine and try to understand each and every fine point to the nth degree about this and the many other scriptural doctrines we tend to fuss about.

Will I ever really be as that small child which Jesus used as an example to teach His Disciples as they asked Him who could believe?

A small child doesn't understand everything they just simply trust and believe.

Seeking God and His Will and Desiring to be Enpowered to Lift up My Brothers and Sisters and to most of all Win the Lost and increase the Kingdom of God,

Dugmando

Shalom Dugmando

I'm very glad you wrote this as it directs the focus of the whole debate off our individual stands and focuses on the unity of the body of Yeshua.

That roaring lion will just have to go on being hungry if we don't feed him.

The enemy is looking at every opportunity for causing division in the body. It is obvious, and I think most, if not all here know that. It is just that being human we tend to forget who the real enemy is, as we get too deep into our disagreements.

I have no stand on what the baptism in the holy spirit means. It is all very new to me. I am trying to learn the facts in this matter but then I see how the enemy is using this for his own end. This is a great spiritual battle........ the building vs the destroying of the body of Yeshua. I strongly suggest we all have this in our minds, in any discussion or disagreement we may have.

Having said this, we would be severely mistaken if we think we can fight this enemy in our own strength.

We so need Yeshua for this!

We so need the Holy Spirit for this.

We so need these gifts we may or may not have from the debatable baptism.

Yes, it would be wonderful to be as little children, but we are too full of worldy thoughts and ideas. We are not as children, unfortunately.

Lets at least, keep in focus of what is really important!! (and it isn't about being right :21: )

Thank You Yeshua :21:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/06/1961

Hello Hupo,

God Bless and greetings to my newly found friend,

One more thing that I would like to add to this discussion a truth that all of us must or should acknowledge as being true that God's kingdom is made up of many different Children with many different beliefs but one single truth that makes us all One.

That being the Truth of Jesus Christ, Savior whose Blood was shed for All that All through Him might be Saved!

Thus saying that, if we having these many various viewpoints on doctrinal matters can be brought together by One as One.

Can we or better yet should not we, also extend to one another the Grace, to say I may not believe like you nor understand your beliefs and yet still be Brothers and Sisters remembering the One who makes Us One.

Hupo if you or any other chooses to seek more of God, a Deeper and Greater Knowledge of Him and His Ways and Will and of His many many Glorious Blessings may God open up His Wonderful Word and reveal it to you.

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; Seek, and you shall find; Knock, and it shall be opened unto you. is a promise none of us can live without!

One other thought came to me as I looked back over this, a quote from the Bible and I right off the top of my head cannot remember where it is from but You have not because You ask not, ask God to reveal His Truth on Baptism to You and I'm just crazy enough to believe He will.

God help us in these last days to take our focus off the various doctrinal issues that seperate us and place them solely on the One who is so Worthy

Dugmando

Edited by dugmando

Hello Hupo,

God Bless and greetings to my newly found friend,

One more thing that I would like to add to this discussion a truth that all of us must or should acknowledge as being true that God's kingdom is made up of many different Children with many different beliefs but one single truth that makes us all One.

That being the Truth of Jesus Christ, Savior whose Blood was shed for All that All through Him might be Saved!

Thus saying that, if we having these many various viewpoints on doctrinal matters can be brought together by One as One.

Can we or better yet should not we, also extend to one another the Grace, to say I may not believe like you nor understand your beliefs and yet still be Brothers and Sisters remembering the One who makes Us One.

Hupo if you or any other chooses to seek more of God, a Deeper and Greater Knowledge of Him and His Ways and Will and of His many many Glorious Blessings may God open up His Wonderful Word and reveal it to you.

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; Seek, and you shall find; Knock, and it shall be opened unto you. is a promise none of us can live without!

One other thought came to me as I looked back over this, a quote from the Bible and I right off the top of my head cannot remember where it is from but You have not because You ask not, ask God to reveal His Truth on Baptism to You and I'm just crazy enough to believe He will.

God help us in these last days to take our focus off the various doctrinal issues that seperate us and place them solely on the One who is so Worthy

Dugmando

Amen Dugmando :21:

In this spirit we can have our debates and still be as one in Yeshua

and.... If believing in God is crazy, maybe we should all go crazy :thumbsup:

God bless :26: