• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/06/1961

Hi Guys,

First let me say I am new to this board joined just today and don't know what has been discussed in the past. But this I do know that believing in and understanding the Baptism of the Holy Spirit greatly depends on which denom. you've come from, what I mean is if your from a non-Pentecostal background the likelihood you know much about the Baptism is probably nil.

But those of us that have been around Pentecostal Churches seemingly all our lives have little doubt in believing in This and understand that This is a Wonderful Gift from God. Something to be desired and sought from God.

Dugmando

Edited by dugmando

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

OY VEY!!

That Bad !?!? :taped::wub::help:

Shalom Hupo,

Yes.

Floating Axe and I have been [on opposite sides] in very heated, very nasty threads about this subject. You can do a search here on Worthy and read, but I warn you, it's not edifying and 3 of them have been locked recently.

I really encourage you to speak to Dor about this, I believe she will show you the truth from Scriptures which is what you need.

Which truth would that be?

I could just kick that Pandora...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Hi Guys,

First let me say I am new to this board joined just today and don't know what has been discussed in the past. But this I do know that believing in and understanding the Baptism of the Holy Spirit greatly depends on which denom. you've come from, what I mean is if your from a non-Pentecostal background the likelihood you know much about the Baptism is probably nil.

But those of us that have been around Pentecostal Churches seemingly all our lives have little doubt in believing in This and understand that This is a Wonderful Gift from God. Something to be desired and sought from God.

Dugmando

Shalom Dugmando,

WELCOME TO WORTHY!! Whooo hoooo!! :taped:

Actually, I disagree with you. You see, not all people who are saved have any dealings with denominations. That is a misconception.

There are people like myself, Jewish, who had no dealing with church or denominations when I gave my life to Jesus and what I learned, I learned from the Bible and the Holy Spirit.

So, to say it is a denominational viewpoint is not accurate. There are many many Christians who are non-denominational and simply learn the truth from the Word and the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Couple of days now since I bumped into something called "Baptism with the Holy Ghost"

I googled it and found it was a big controversy issue.

I must admit, I have never heard of this before and still am in the dark about it, or why it is such a controversy.

Can anyone enlighten me on this subject?

Hope this is not a "pandora's box"

not controversial at all.

through study all things come to light. :taped:

Hi Guys,

Dugmando

Yep! :blink:

Welcome to Worthy, dugmando!

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Ohhhhhhhh boy, will you be enlighted!

I'm still trying to figure it out myself :blink:

we were talking about this in another thread...remember. :24::o

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Ohhhhhhhh boy, will you be enlighted!

I'm still trying to figure it out myself :blink:

we were talking about this in another thread...remember. :24::o

Okay (this isn't being smarty, real question) did you say that cause your reminiscing, or because you think I should understand by now, or cause your still as confused as I am????

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/06/1961

Thanks for the kind welcome to all,

May God Greatly Bless |You all today even more than He has already, to Vickilynn I am sorry I did not mean to say or imply that "only" denoms know about or have understanding, belief or even unbelief about the Holy Spirit. What I was trying to say was that your level of belief or non- belief, your level of acceptance or resistance typically tends to depend for many people on what they have heard or been taught traditionally from a particular denom. and not as in your case learned or experienced.

I myself was brought up in the Catholic faith but after many years of unfulfillment believing that there was more to God and religion began to seek a deeper understanding of Him and Scriptures.

Now first of all this is not a slam on the |Catholic faith but for me I had to seek more of God and the more I sought the more He revealed.

Dugmando

Edited by dugmando

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

Couple of days now since I bumped into something called "Baptism with the Holy Ghost"

I googled it and found it was a big controversy issue.

I must admit, I have never heard of this before and still am in the dark about it, or why it is such a controversy.

Can anyone enlighten me on this subject?

Hope this is not a "pandora's box"

Shalom Hupo,

Yes, it is a Pandora's Box and the cause of many ugly responses here and on other boards. It is a BIG divisive issue in the Body and there are churches that split over this very issue.

That is not to say it should not be asked. It is a valid question and one that every Believer should ask.

However, I would encourage you to ask this question of those whom you know are solid in the faith, those whom you know personally that are wise in these areas and not rely on the opinions of people on message boards. You will get all sorts of replies, some are right, some are not and you may end up more confused than when you started.

Have you asked Dor about this? I would encourage you to ask her first before a group of people who you do not know what they believe and caould give you all sorts of wrong opinions.

Hi Vickilynn

I might differ with you on whom to ask.

I find lots of (mostly) good views and arguments on Worthy.

Yes, I would need discernment but God didn't give me a head just to bash walls with :blink::emot-hug:

I've just had a good talk with Dor who sent me to read up 1Cor 12-14. If there is anything else you think would help, I'll take it :o

Thanks for your continuous support. You are a precious friend :24:

Blessings