• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/04/1990

Hey everyone, well I had my surgery (last Friday - may 11) to remove my wisdom teeth (all 3) and it was terrifying, mostly because I woke up during the surgery and I had this weird thing on my face (turns out it was just an oxygen mask thing over my nose, and blinders) but I was really freaked out, and a little disoriented from the anesthetic - I wanted to pull it off because it was scaring me and I couldn't because my wrists were strapped down. So ahhh. After that I was pretty much okay, when I came around after the surgery I started to cry 'cause I didn't know where I was and my face was really weird feeling. Then the funny part --- when the nurse was helping me from the recovery bed to standing position I nearly collapsed on the floor because apparently when I come round from anesthetic I forget how to walk rofl! So I got wheeled out to the parking garage :emot-pray:. Not too much pain after the surgery so I went to church on Sunday...but I fell asleep on my dad's shoulder because of the pain meds (YESSSS I just said my dad came to church, and so did my mum and sister --- they have started making a frequent appearance at church since after Easter, I'm not getting my hopes up too high but I'M SOOOO EXCITED!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!)

Anywho...yesterday was the first day I really started to feel pain, one of my stitches came out and after that I started to bleed off and on throughout the day - but during my last period class yesterday I felt a lot of blood pooling in my mouth, then I coughed and I got a lovely blood clot the size of a loonie come out of my mouth, yummmm. After that I had shooting pains, which escalated so much that I was seeing stars and my vision was all cloudy. So I had my follow-up appointment with the oral surgeon after school today and he said that I have dry sockets, unfortunately the only thing he can do for me is to re-open the gums and stick in something called 'cloves' which he said looks like tabacco. But that will cause more swelling, minor but a bit more (I am tired of swelling lol...right after the surgery and up until monday it looked like I was holding a tennis ball in my right cheek). Then 5-7 days after the cloves are put in the half to pull them out again....which will cause more swelling because they will once again have to re-open my gums - I'm NOT having this done because my baptism and Profession of Faith is on May 27th. So for the next week while the dry sockets heal themselves I am going to be in loads of pain. ;)

Does anybody have 'natural' remedies that may help the pain? Right now I am taking the prescription of Tylonel 3's they gave me, that and advil. And lots of ice...and ice cream (after all that is just icing your face from the inside :24: at least that's my reasoning). Thanks to those who prayed for me, during my surgery.

Blessings,

christiangirl16

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/11/1964

I sure feel for you! I remember how much it hurt and my face swelled up. I looked like a woodchuck! :)

If you're stomach can handle them ok...I would stick to the T 3's ...you don't want to get that throbbing pain in your mouth. It'll cause headaches and neck ache too. You probably won't be taking them any longer than a week or so. But if they're bothering you, tell the doctor asap...you need a pain med for this type of surgery. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Blessings!

Danny

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/04/1971

I really don't have any advice for you, but last time I had serious work done I asked for something stronger than T3 because for me T3 doesn't do anything when it comes to mouth pain. I'll keep you in my prayers though. Oh, just a thought, can you get to your church beforehand and get prayer from your elders?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

so nice about your mom and dad!!! :)

but not so much about your mouth :whistling: . I will pray for you this morning that the pain subsides.

is it still as painful today as it was yesterday? when did they say they are gonna do the cloving thing?

When the pain gets too much, just go into imagination mode. you know, think of winter and you on the snowboard. :21:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/04/1990

rofl thanks peaches. right now it is not as painful but I doubled up on the T3's - I have a P.A. Day today so no school and I can fall asleep if I'm tired....not that it stopped me yesterday during class - I just slept the pain away. The cloving thingy would have been sometime this morning but I made it through the night not too badly so I'm just going to leave it be - I'm pretty tough I think I'll make it :wub:.

LynD I am able to go beforehand to pray with the elders, but unfortunately this weekend we are no where near my church -going to visit my grandparents and around the one's house (where I will be one Sunday morning) they have no churches within a 15min radius (drive time). But my youth Pastor is praying for me.