IGNORED

Need help from my Worthy brothers and sisters....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/06/1986

Hi everyone... I'm not sure if anyone remembers me but I used to come here often, like every day... I really love this place but over the last few months life has gotten busy and I've drifted away from you all..

Now I need some help, and I feel myself drawn back to here, where I used to get so much support from you guys...

I am having a relapse of depression.. sometimes it is quite bad, sometimes it is just mild... but it is scaring me. The doctor has put me back on the antidepressant medication I used to take before I came to know Jesus..

Am I failing? I thought that if I did everything right God would cure me of this illness... but now it seems to be coming back and I need the medication again. What am I doing wrong..?

I feel a lot of the time that I am far away from God, when I used to be so much closer.... I don't read my bible as often and when I do, I'm not as interested in it as I used to be...

My heart is still broken from a guy I used to talk about here, a guy I love (loved?) very much but who doesn't return the feelings. I am ready to move on from him I think, and I am willing, but my heart feels so broken that I think I'm too scared to do that... also at my current stage in life I am not happy with who I am, the way I look.. my weight.. I'm not fat but I'm not thin either, and I want to lose weight but I find it so hard. I feel like I can't do it... I am interested in other people but I can't tell if they like me back.... I don't want to take a chance and just ask somebody out because I've been turned down so many times. I just can't do it... I'm not bold enough.... I like to wait to be sure they like me first... and that has never actually happened.. how am I meant to get the attention of someone I'm fond of?

My heart is hurting so much right now. I feel that I'm not good enough for other people. I feel that no one will truly love me... because I don't love myself. Not entirely anyway. There are aspects of myself that I am happy about, because I've come a long way and have improved those aspects. But there is still so much more that needs improvement....

I turned 21 a couple of weeks ago.. and there were so many people who made it special for me..... yet I still am unhappy. Am I ungrateful? I hate it.... why can't I just be happy with all the good things I have? There are so many good things in my life.... but my heart is still too broken... I hate it.

Instead of being happy that I reached this age, I feel alone... I am lonely.

What can I do?.... How can I get back to Jesus?

Thank you for reading... God bless you all.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

You need to see a Christian councillor preferably through your church. Obviously you are going through the pains of a broken relationship, even though you are not married, its still same as if you were married, you had a connection, even a soul tie with this man, loosing someone you love is difficult and long process to get over.

Obviously Satan is using this to wear you down, giving you all these negative bad thoughts and using your hurt to make you think you are worthless and insignificant.

The thoughts you get in your mind come from one of 3 places, God, Yourself or Satan. If you allow bad thoughts that Satan puts in your mind to grow then you will end up destroying yourself, in your case in emotional self pity and depression.

This is why you need council ling and a good support group of people, you need someone who you can trust and count on to call up if you start having an attack and unable to dismiss bad thoughts.

God loves us, he wouldn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

We will be praying for you in Denver.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

You need to see a Christian councillor preferably through your church. Obviously you are going through the pains of a broken relationship, even though you are not married, its still same as if you were married, you had a connection, even a soul tie with this man, loosing someone you love is difficult and long process to get over.

Obviously Satan is using this to wear you down, giving you all these negative bad thoughts and using your hurt to make you think you are worthless and insignificant.

The thoughts you get in your mind come from one of 3 places, God, Yourself or Satan. If you allow bad thoughts that Satan puts in your mind to grow then you will end up destroying yourself, in your case in emotional self pity and depression.

This is why you need council ling and a good support group of people, you need someone who you can trust and count on to call up if you start having an attack and unable to dismiss bad thoughts.

God loves us, he wouldn

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Hi everyone... I'm not sure if anyone remembers me but I used to come here often, like every day... I really love this place but over the last few months life has gotten busy and I've drifted away from you all..

Now I need some help, and I feel myself drawn back to here, where I used to get so much support from you guys...

I am having a relapse of depression.. sometimes it is quite bad, sometimes it is just mild... but it is scaring me. The doctor has put me back on the antidepressant medication I used to take before I came to know Jesus..

Am I failing? I thought that if I did everything right God would cure me of this illness... but now it seems to be coming back and I need the medication again. What am I doing wrong..?

I feel a lot of the time that I am far away from God, when I used to be so much closer.... I don't read my bible as often and when I do, I'm not as interested in it as I used to be...

My heart is still broken from a guy I used to talk about here, a guy I love (loved?) very much but who doesn't return the feelings. I am ready to move on from him I think, and I am willing, but my heart feels so broken that I think I'm too scared to do that... also at my current stage in life I am not happy with who I am, the way I look.. my weight.. I'm not fat but I'm not thin either, and I want to lose weight but I find it so hard. I feel like I can't do it... I am interested in other people but I can't tell if they like me back.... I don't want to take a chance and just ask somebody out because I've been turned down so many times. I just can't do it... I'm not bold enough.... I like to wait to be sure they like me first... and that has never actually happened.. how am I meant to get the attention of someone I'm fond of?

My heart is hurting so much right now. I feel that I'm not good enough for other people. I feel that no one will truly love me... because I don't love myself. Not entirely anyway. There are aspects of myself that I am happy about, because I've come a long way and have improved those aspects. But there is still so much more that needs improvement....

I turned 21 a couple of weeks ago.. and there were so many people who made it special for me..... yet I still am unhappy. Am I ungrateful? I hate it.... why can't I just be happy with all the good things I have? There are so many good things in my life.... but my heart is still too broken... I hate it.

I remember you and I stole a peek at your photo, Stitchy. How can such a lovely young girl have doubts of her worth? God made you, He made you perfect, and love will come for you. But, be picky, choose wisely, and don't waste your young years on a man who doesn't return your feelings. You deserve better. You'll find that the people you don't want to approach because they may not like you are worrying about the same things; most of the very young are insecure. I will pray for you, stitchy, and you should pray too. Pray for the Lord's guidance and He will be there for you. You're 21! Go forth and conquer. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

God loves us, he wouldn

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  05/06/1986

Thank you so much everyone.... :noidea:

I spoke with my pastor at church this evening, she was really really helpful and supportive.... she took time out just to talk with me... and the church I go to is a very big one! I was glad she cared enough to just spend some time with me... I am a really blessed person, God has put a lot of great things in my life.

Thanks to everyone for the advice... I can get through this. I pray that God will bless each and every one of you.

Thank you so much.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/25/1949

GO READ:

www.beinhealth.com

GOD BLESS YOU :emot-crying:

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Stitchy, don't feel guilty for being on antidepressants. While there is a spiritual kind of depression that can be erradicated by prayer, fasting, and time in the Word, there is also the chemical kind which can be resolved by taking antidepressants (and while I do believe God can heal the human body of any affliction, I do also believe that He gave us doctors for a reason).

• Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Sometie we have to beon antidepressants because of chemical imbalance.....don't worry too much about it. Our bodies are far from perfect. I'm praying for you my friend.