IGNORED

Does God love Homosexuals Too?

Guest shiloh357
My apologies for that; I know that plagiarism is not tolerated, and for that I am sorry. But, to my defense, I can't post a link here which could give my argument a basis for validity.
That does not mean that you are somehow unable to at least post an indicator that the information you are posting is not your work. You cannot post a link, but you can tell us that you are quoting someone else's work. I guess the the biggest problem is when you told us to "do our homework" on Greek when you don't know it yourself and then posted something pretending that it was your work. All is forgiven. No hard feelings at least on my end.

In a forum of apologetics, it seems that whenever another side of a debate is brought to light, the poster is not allowed to give his or her own view that *may* conflict with traditional Christian beliefs. Why is that? Is that not the purpose of this forum?
You are not being prohibited from doing that at all, but we are Christian messageboard, not a sounding board for every idea that people want to put forth.

The only way that we'll all be able to get along is to get sympathetically into one another's shoes.
the truth is that we are not here "get along." We are here to tell you and everyone else the truth. Light and darkness, truth and falsehood cannnot peacefully cohabitate. There is no "getting along" between them. The truth is unbending, and uncompromising and as Christians there are simply some areas where we simply cannot "agree to disagree" or surrender in the name of "tolerance" or "getting along."

You need to try to understand why anybody thinks differently than you, or we're not going to be able to work in a pluralistic society.
Actually, we don't need to know why. There is something far greater at stake than living in a pluralistic society, and that is the eternal condition of soul of every person. Where will they spend eternity? We are here to promote the gospel, not pluralism. We are not trying to get along with the world, but to show the world that they need Jesus.

To completely shut them out - especially on a forum like this - is a bit close-minded in my opinion.
We are not shutting anyone out. Quite the opposite we are inviting them into the Kingdom of God. However, part of that invitation involves telling the people the truth and the part of that truth for our purposes here is that you cannot be a practicing homosexual/bisexual and be a Christian. It doesn't work that way.

Guest paul1975
There's nothing close minded about it we are held and bound to the Truth in the Revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ and His Gospel.

I totally agree. What I meant by "close minded" was the unwillingness to accept that some people interpret some verses differently, and there is nothing wrong with that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

There's nothing close minded about it we are held and bound to the Truth in the Revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ and His Gospel.

I totally agree. What I meant by "close minded" was the unwillingness to accept that some people interpret some verses differently, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Grace to you,

That's absolutley a moot point where Scripture is concerned. There is a correct interpretation and it comes from a Revelation and Illumination of the Lord Jesus Christ by the Powerof His Holy Spirit.

2Pe

Guest paul1975
2Pe 1:20

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of one's own interpretation.

They why are you interpreting homosexuality to be wrong?

Guest shiloh357

The problem is that "interpretation" is not subjective. There is no such thing as "different interpretation." The "interpretation" of ANY text be it the Bible or a biography on Queen Elizabeth, is the intent of the author. A text is only interpreted when when we understand the object that the author has in view.

You don't know biblical Hebrew, I do. I speak and read Hebrew, and am in a much better position to tell you what it says, and I can tell you that your approach to Leviticus 20:13 is flawed because you fail to recognize how precise Hebrew is.

Interpretation is always objective. It is the application (the way a Scripture is lived out) that is subjective, but even an application cannot violate the interpretation.

It is not a matter of being closedminded. It is a matter of understanding that the Bible is not a book you can twist and contort to fit your own worldview. It is not a smorgasboard you can pick and choose from according to your taste.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

2Pe 1:20

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of one's own interpretation.

They why are you interpreting homosexuality to be wrong?

Paul,

I've already stated that for your argument to hold water and for your interpretation to be held up to the Light of Truth it must have support. The Word of God is built up line upon line, precept upon precept. :emot-hug:

I have offered definitive proof both Old and New Testament of Gods certain meaning through supportive scriptures.

Can you do the same? What I have seen you do is twist meanings of words and assume translations.

Peace,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Matthen

I believe God loves them, but there has to be some type of conviction from the Holy Spirit. The whole thing with this sin is what I have experance is. The Lack the "Manly" fegure love that comes from a Dad or a strong manly rolemodle. What happens is, if they do not Identify them self with a manly rolemodel they will them start to identify them self with there mother. Later in life they find that they are Lacking the "manly" love they seek it in other men to feel safe and they tink its a good love but in reality its not. Same go's for women, mutiple personality disorder "MPD", can take place if they were sexually abused as a child, or they also lack the motherly rolemodel that they can feel safe with.

God loves everyone but do they have the conviction that it is wrong to engage in a homosexual realitionship should be the question?????

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Yes, I typed this earlier but decided to post it as a topic so that I could get a legitimate response.

If God smote Sodom and Gomorrah (plz don't kill me on spelling, I do not have my bible on hand) for the homosexual acts committed there, does he love the gays? Or were they just so far gone that God knew that they would only pervert the world? What?

There is a point at which God will turn one over to a reprobate mind. In other words He will give up on a person and let them be what they want to be without any conscience or guilt for what they are doing. We have free will and if we choose to fight or ignore the callings of God in stubbornness and pride He will let us have our way and stop trying to draw us to Him. And we will suffer the rewards of our rebellion.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

Yes, He does love homosexuals.

He loves you too.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

There is a point at which God will turn one over to a reprobate mind. In other words He will give up on a person and let them be what they want to be without any conscience or guilt for what they are doing. We have free will and if we choose to fight or ignore the callings of God in stubbornness and pride He will let us have our way and stop trying to draw us to Him. And we will suffer the rewards of our rebellion.

Wouldn't a truly loving god accept his children the way he made them?