• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

God created man in His own image. Says so in scripture....

Gen 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Yet it also says.....

Gen 2:7 then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

So God created man, from dust, and without life, until He breathed life into Him

Something dead created from dust.......... that is God's image ? :emot-questioned:

How would you explain this contradiction? :emot-questioned:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I'm not sure I follow your logic. :emot-questioned:

If I draw a picture of my image, it doesn't make me ink and paper. If I sculp my image from clay, it doesn't make me dirt.

Regardless, the image of God goes far beyond the physical. It includes the spiritual. God has three parts so we have three parts. God is Father, Son and Spirit. We are soul, flesh and spirit. We were made in His image. :emot-questioned:

I'm pretty sure that God isn't an overweight, 47 year old ornery old guy like me. :th_praying:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

It's only a contradiction to you. If I were you I would wonder why...

God doesn't contradict Himself...

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

I would agree with Wayne's answer. There is no contradiction. The Bible says we're created in His image - not that we are His clones.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/25/1949

Gen 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Yet it also says.....

Gen 2:7 then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

So God created man, from dust, and without life, until He breathed life into Him

Something dead created from dust.......... that is God's image ? :th_praying:

How would you explain this contradiction? ;)

Hi brother,

lets put it like this...we dont understand everything...actually when comes to to GOD we understand NOTHING unless....UNLESS HE MERCIFULLY and GRACIOUSLY REVEALS HIMSELF and HIS WORD TO US.....

I remember that BEFORE being born again I tried to read The Bible and I understood .....NOTHING..it was a a sealed book to me then,actually scary in some parts and even boreing in other...I mean I remember feeling antagonistic to this God of the Bible...little wonder,I was His enemy...BUT when CHRIST came to rescue me saving me and giving me HIS GIFT of HIMSELF and THE SPIRIT...WOW,THE BOOK BECAME ALIVE,I started to understand and actually I remember that I had to implore God to stop the rivers of revelation because it was so much so fast....35 years afterwards I approach the Book with awe and I still pray that He would reveal in my inner man HIS WORD and I know a bit more HIM and of HIM and HIS WORD but.....I also know that I know so little and I have to rely more and more on His grace to go on....

I said this because THERE ARE NO CONTRADICTIONS in THE BIBLE...it is PERFECT,just like THE AUTHOR....but for sure there are contradictions in us....at least in me...so when I find a part, a passage I dont understand I ask the Lord to make me understand and wait until HE DOES IT...and that puts me at peace because I know that THE FATHER IS GOOD and has HIS WAYS and TIMES to accomplish His will and most of the time in ways totally different from mine...THANK GOD FOR THAT!!! :):emot-crying:

You see...our God is ONE and THREE.....WOW that in itself is something that we accept by faith and will be understood in eternity..because it will be revealed...

We just cannot put God in a box......HE IS OUTSIDE THE REALM of SPACE and TIME and HE HAS NO LIMITS....

The Wonder is that HE CAME TO US as a MAN,100% MAN and 100% GOD...in the WONDERFUL PERSON of JESUS....

HE COMES TO US because there would be NO WAY that we could EVER go to HIM,NEVER....

Being inquisitive is good,asking is good,seeking is good but in a spirit of humility and brokness....waiting on HIM brother.....because HE LOVES US and in HIS TIME we will know everything that He will see fit for us to know...HE IS THE LORD.

SHALOM and blessings to you and your family

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  857
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

So...are you asking if God is dirt?!?

Now that's just silly.

He made man after his own image (I agree with Wayne though, we don't all physicially resemble Christ).

He created man out of the Earth...which is amazing, it just goes to show how miraculous God is...he created you out of dust. I don't think the story is told so we will assume that God decided that dirt would be the best way to portray his image... :emot-crying:

This passage speaks to me of how much of us is merely dust of the earth (and therefore how humble we should be about what we are) and how much of us is of the divine origin of the Creator of the Universe (and therefore how privileged we are as the creation of so mighty and holy and being and how honored we should be to be the repositor of His very Spirit).

Humble and proud.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

Wayne hit the nail on the head.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Yet it also says.....

Something dead created from dust.......... that is God's image ? :emot-crying:

How would you explain this contradiction? :th_praying:

;)

The image of God isn't physical - it's our ability to think rationally, intellectually, be emotional, and ignore our natural tendencies for survival.

"One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple." Psalms 27:4

Something dead created from dust.......... that is God's image ? :emot-crying:

How would you explain this contradiction? :th_praying:

;):):24:

Dear Brother, I have just the greatest fun reading replies to your posts!

I also gather amazing insights your questions stir up!

So......

You Go Bro!

Love, You Brother Joe