• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Dear hupo,

The Scripture is very clear in documenting us the Generations of Adam, IN THE DAY (very specific time of event) they were created in the image and likeness of God. Genesis 5:1-3

As I have asserted before, this event took place only AFTER both A&E have already committed their "original sin"; Cain had already Killed Abel and only after MAN BEGAN CALLING THE NAME OF THE LORD. (Genesis 4:26).

Look and read closely...

Genesis 5

1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. IN THE DAY that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; v2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. v3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

As you can see, the context of the text is also consistent as outlined and summarized in Genesis chapter 1. Genesis 4:26 & 5:1-3 is documenting us the detail of Genesis 1:26-27. Also, notice, Cain and his descendants were not included or part of the generations of Adam in the day they were created in the likeness of God. The next generation in his likeness was Seth.

As I have said before... Not everybody is created in the image and likeness of God unless one is born again spiritually from NATURAL BIRTH.

Additional Biblical Proof?

1Corinthians 15

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. v46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is NATURAL; and afterward that which is spiritual.

God Bless

Edited by 4Pillars

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

The Scripture is very clear in documenting us the Generations of Adam, IN THE DAY (very specific time of event) they were created in the image and likeness of God. Genesis 5:1-3

"Very clear" is in the eyes of the beholder.

It is NOT very clear to me. I tend to be kind of suspicious about "very clear" things.

Sometimes when things are very clear it stops us seeing things through other people's eyes.

If things were so clear, the whole of humanity would see God for who He realy is!

It is very clear to me that I have a right to live in my country.

It is very clear to Achmadinijad that Israel shouldn't exist.

The result of all this "very clear" stuff is a very unclear future !

As for scripture. God gave me a certain understanding which is probably less than many on this forum. Yet, that is what I have at my disposal to get to know God. For me there is a certain paradox between the creation of man in chapters 1 and 2.

The paradox is not in scripture. The paradox is in my understanding.

Why is there such a need, by several here, to prove otherwise?

If the forum told me I can only see things in a certain way I would probably not even be here, but that is not the case, so please allow me my paradoxes.

I promise you that whatever I think, is not going to make a dent in the actual TRUTH

God bless :emot-handshake:

:emot-hug:

I promise you that whatever I think, is not going to make a dent in the actual TRUTH
:emot-hug::emot-hug::24:

:o You Too :21:

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts
Isaiah 55:8-9

Off subject, the focus of all eternity but still Off Subject, look at this Brother!

For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.

Isaiah 5:10-13

Maranatha!

Hallelujah!

You Go Bro! :24::24::24:

Love, Your Brother Joe

Off subject, the focus of all eternity but still Off Subject, look at this Brother!

For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.

Isaiah 5:10-13

Maranatha!

Hallelujah!

You Go Bro! :24::24::24:

Love, Your Brother Joe

:cool: Hey Joe,

You sure seem to have fun here

Yes, God's will, will be done !!

If we could only take a break being so serious about all our blah blah sessions, we could actually have fun before leaving earth :24:

I just took a look in the mirror and nearly died laughing :24:

S O . . . . S E R I O U S . . . . .

Thanks Brother. . . You are a tune for sore ears :ph34r::thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

"Very clear" is in the eyes of the beholder.

It is NOT very clear to me. I tend to be kind of suspicious about "very clear" things.

Sometimes when things are very clear it stops us seeing things through other people's eyes.

If things were so clear, the whole of humanity would see God for who He realy is!

It is very clear to me that I have a right to live in my country.

It is very clear to Achmadinijad that Israel shouldn't exist.

The result of all this "very clear" stuff is a very unclear future !

As for scripture. God gave me a certain understanding which is probably less than many on this forum. Yet, that is what I have at my disposal to get to know God. For me there is a certain paradox between the creation of man in chapters 1 and 2.

The paradox is not in scripture. The paradox is in my understanding.

Why is there such a need, by several here, to prove otherwise?

If the forum told me I can only see things in a certain way I would probably not even be here, but that is not the case, so please allow me my paradoxes.

God bless :thumbsup:

Dear FresnoJoe,

I agree. Each Christian has his own measure of information. I do not question the work of the Holy Spirit, for His ways are above my ways. Each Christian learns what he should know, as the Holy Spirit leads him. That's how God has chosen to reveal His Truth. Look at all the denominations. If you look at Christianity as a big Pie, and see all the denominations as slices in the pie, you will find that God's Truth is in the whole pie, and that each slice teaches only part of God's Truth.

Why? Because ONLY those who have Faith, not knowledge, can enter the Kingdom of God. The complexity of views of the various denominations assure that we must come to God by Faith alone, no matter the denomination.

God Bless

:thumbsup:

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Ephesians 5:19

Love, Joe

• Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

God created man in His own image. Says so in scripture....

Gen 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Yet it also says.....

Gen 2:7 then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

So God created man, from dust, and without life, until He breathed life into Him

Something dead created from dust.......... that is God's image ? :P

How would you explain this contradiction? :P

If I draw a picture of my image, it doesn't make me ink and paper. If I sculp my image from clay, it doesn't make me dirt.

Good answer.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,858
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Gen 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Yet it also says.....

Gen 2:7 then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

So God created man, from dust, and without life, until He breathed life into Him

Something dead created from dust.......... that is God's image ? :)

How would you explain this contradiction? :wub:

I (like many others) also don't see a contradiction.

An image is merely a representation...and a poor one at that.

Just because God made us in His image, doesn't mean that He made us the same as Himself. Or that He is the same as the image He created.

To give an example, if we were to create something in our image, we would probably create something on the computer....an animated avatar, or a hologram, for example.....

It doesn't mean that the image is US....and it doesn't lessen our superiority over the image.

Therefore, because God made us from dust, it doesn't necessarily follow that HE is dust....or on the same level as dust.

An image is only a pictorial, graphical or physical representation of the true being.

I don't see the contradiction. God is as far above us as we would be above a painting of ourselves. Farther, in fact.

Don't confuse the potter with the clay.....or, to put it another way, don't look at the creation, and think that you see the whole of the Creator ;)

Guest lmwal931

Yet it also says.....

Something dead created from dust.......... that is God's image ? ;)

How would you explain this contradiction? :)

:wub:

The image of God isn't physical - it's our ability to think rationally, intellectually, be emotional, and ignore our natural tendencies for survival.

Just because God made us in His image, doesn't mean that He made us the same as Himself. Or that He is the same as the image He created.
No it doesn't have to mean that. But what DOES it mean?

What is God's image?

Do the verses 1:27 and 2:7 fit together?

How so?

I for one, think that God's image in this case means Love.

Man was created with the potential of God's Love (Gen 1:27) and this is mankind's potential.

Man was created from dust (2:7), in fact dead until brought to life by God's breath

The gap between the two (which I initially saw as a contradiction) is actually our walk with God.

Do we bridge that gap or not?

Free-choice allows us to say "no"..... which shows the gap between "God's image" and "dust"

To give an example, if we were to create something in our image, we would probably create something on the computer....an animated avatar, or a hologram, for example.....

It doesn't mean that the image is US....and it doesn't lessen our superiority over the image.

Therefore, because God made us from dust, it doesn't necessarily follow that HE is dust....or on the same level as dust.

An image is only a pictorial, graphical or physical representation of the true being.

I don't see the contradiction. God is as far above us as we would be above a painting of ourselves. Farther, in fact.

Don't confuse the potter with the clay.....or, to put it another way, don't look at the creation, and think that you see the whole of the Creator :24:

Well Stephen,

I guess we are talking about different aspects of God's image.

But thanks for your input ;)

Praise God, in whatever image, form or no-form He may be in :)

Blessings :):wub::24: