IGNORED

Christian Freedom

Guest just visiting

Guest just visiting

Hello All!

Just thought I'd like to post this

Christian Freedom

God sets us free, but it's freedom to do the right thing, not the wrong thing or to continue in a wrong state. Freedom to be able to do the right thing is the highest form of freedom.

Granted there are exceptions to most everything out there, but exceptions are not the rule.

Of course God can always say different about any given situation, and the prophetic can also always tell us "Thus says the Lord" but when these two are not present it's always best to fall back on the teachings of scripture when contemplating what to do in any given situation.

Our conscience can always guide us in situations too, but if we are dealing with questionable situations we must take care that our conscience is not hard (as well as our own heart). In these questionable situations - when common sense tells us not to do something - and yet we still find ourselves contemplating the act of doing it - the likely hood that our conscience is hard or our heart is deceived is probably great.

If we consider our need over the interest of other

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/09/1982

Thanx for this post.

It is so difficult to lay down one's life.

I work at a trauma unit and it is so difficult to surrender my life for the purpose of God's Kingdom. We've seen a few patients tonight that I know I should've evangelize to, but I find it so difficult. In a way I am afraid to. I know I shouldn't be, because God is stronger and bigger and better. He defeated even death, so why am I afraid?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/25/1972

Hello All!

Just thought I'd like to post this

Christian Freedom

God sets us free, but it's freedom to do the right thing, not the wrong thing or to continue in a wrong state. Freedom to be able to do the right thing is the highest form of freedom.

Granted there are exceptions to most everything out there, but exceptions are not the rule.

Of course God can always say different about any given situation, and the prophetic can also always tell us "Thus says the Lord" but when these two are not present it's always best to fall back on the teachings of scripture when contemplating what to do in any given situation.

Our conscience can always guide us in situations too, but if we are dealing with questionable situations we must take care that our conscience is not hard (as well as our own heart). In these questionable situations - when common sense tells us not to do something - and yet we still find ourselves contemplating the act of doing it - the likely hood that our conscience is hard or our heart is deceived is probably great.

If we consider our need over the interest of other

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/24/1971

Thank you very much for this post!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Thank you for sharing this. It came at the right time today :huh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from the Welcome Forum to the General Discussion Forum

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

thanks for sharing

Guest Radiata
Thanx for this post.

I work at a trauma unit and it is so difficult to surrender my life for the purpose of God's Kingdom. We've seen a few patients tonight that I know I should've evangelize to, but I find it so difficult. In a way I am afraid to. I know I shouldn't be, because God is stronger and bigger and better. He defeated even death, so why am I afraid?

I know what you are going through. It is hard, many times to evangelize to others. York Moore said:

During the six months in which I was getting to know Jerry, I kept telling myself that silence was golden. Jerry knows I was a Christian and I knew he was Jewish, but we never talked about spiritual things. My game plan was to focus on establishing a relationship and wait patiently for the right opportunity to share Christ. The problem was that in spite of all the time we spent together and the rapport we shared, the right opportunity never came. What was more, I fear to realize that introducing the subject of Christ would threaten our lighthearted camaraderie and fun times. I needed to break the ice but I didn't know how to do it without jeopardizing the relationship. So I did nothing................

"I don't have any idols in my life, do I?" As soon as I asked the question, it hit me. My friendship with Jerry was an idol and God wanted to make that clear to me. My friendship with Jerry had taken the place of my obedience to Jesus kin making him known. I valued the safety and joy of our time together more than doing what was right. I didn't want to risk the relationship by making Jesus an issue, even if it meant Jerry's eternal destiny.

It is important that we don't stay in our comfort zones. Too often we assume that people in our lives will be offended if we mention our faith. To be sure, we do sometimes lose relationships or they are never quite the same as they were "pre-Christ" Most of the time however, introducing Someone we really care about to Christ can transform the friendship for the better. It may initially feel awkward and there may be challenges as the relationship is redefined, but we have the potentional to gain a brother or sister in Christ.

Jesus does not call us to lead an easy life. He does not call us to relax and be merry and live in his glory. Time for relaxing is reserved for after death and our resurrection. Until then, we are called to work for the glory of God and hard though it may be, it is his Will and hopefully your will as well, that we see others come to know Christ.

Also, forgive me but I don't think just throwing around scripture verses helps much. Even if they are revelant, the best advice comes from how we can interprete and apply the Lord's teachings rather than themselves.

That is all. God Bless.

Edited by Radiata

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thanx for this post.

The saving is for God to decide, who are we to think that we can?.He can reach us however he wishes,whenever at any time because he is God and our mind is to limited to understand how far he can go to give us a chance.If He needs one of us to open our mouths to speak to another about Him he will use us....but he doesn't need to always, He can saves us on his own just like He made us. I think worrying about our inclinations will make us better and in turn better our surroundings which influence others. He knows us before we know ourselves,the Saving should be left for him.