IGNORED

Movie Theaters : Do you bring your own drinks and snacks?

Vickilynn

Movie Theater Snacks - Yours or Theirs?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. So, is it really WRONG to bring in your own snacks and drinks to the movie that you paid to see? It's not a LAW, right?

• No, it's not wrong. The theater prices are highway robbery
    • No, it's not wrong, it's a rule, not a LAW
    • Yes, it's wrong, we should obey the theater rules
    • Yes, it's wrong, we are robbing the theater owners of their mega-profits

I loved drive in movies when I was a kid. We'd fill up the cooler, put the tailgate down and heat up the Jiffy Pop on a propane burner while we watched the show. It was great.

On the rare occasion I can afford a movie these days, I stop off at the Dollar Store first for some munchies and bring my own water bottle. Everything goes in my pack and no one's ever asked to search it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:noidea::24::24:

Movie?

What's A Move :24::24::24:

Joe, you'd probably know them by the name "talkies" :emot-questioned:

They Talk?

Does That Mean I Have To Give Up My Hammond? :24::24::24:

PS: Don't go to the moving pictures.

Check out screen plays or even old radio soap opera scripts from the local library and put on your own "talkies" at home.

Read rotating verses from Proverbs to each other.

Read rotating verses from Psalms to each other.

Read rotating days from Genesis 0ne..... etc. :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

:emot-hug: Love ya Joe!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

Well, my brother isn't home right now or I'd ask him if he knew what the laws were. But from what I remember, it seems like businesses do have the right to set policies and refuse service to people who violate their rules (as long as they aren't based on race, sexual orientation, etc). Just thinking logically here, it would seem that if you pay for a service (or go to be entertained in this case), you enter into a type of agreement with this place of business. By purchasing their product or service and entering their property, you are agreeing to their terms. So I would think that if you disobey their rules, you are in essence violating an agreement. For instance, you KNOW that the theater has a policy not to bring outside food or drinks. This is their policy and you know this prior to entering their property. In my opinion, by breaking this policy you are violating an "agreement" and thereby are forfieting any right to receive products or services from that place of business. Here are your best options:

1. If you think the prices are too high, don't go to a movie there.

2. Only go to the movie there when you can afford to abide by their policies.

3. Ask for permission to bring outside food or drinks into the theater.

4. Don't purchase anything from their concession or bring your own.

Even if it is not "illegal" to bring your own snacks to the theater, it is still deceitful and dishonest. If you have to hide something or sneak around, chances are it's wrong whether it's illegal or not. It's not a matter of what their motives are, how over-priced they are, etc. The fact of the matter is you understand their prices and know their policies prior to entering their facility and as a patron you are obligated to abide by their rules or seek entertainment elsewhere.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Good post Kabowd :noidea:

The complete article is found here - CNN Money

Tickets

Most of the money from ticket sales goes back to the movie studio. A film booker leases a movie to a particular theater for a set period of weeks. The percentage of ticket sales that the studio takes decreases on each week that a movie is in the theater. If the screening was arranged by an independent middleman, he also takes a slice. So the movie has to pull in sizeable audiences for several weeks in order for theater owners to make any serious profits.

Where movie theaters make their money

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom K,

#1. The ticket prices are the price of admittance. Yes, I think they are too high, but if I choose to see a movie in the theater, I must pay the ticket price.

#2. I am not legally bound to abide by their food policies.

#3. A good suggestion.

#4. An excellent solution and the one I choose. It is not deceitful or dishonest and it breaks no laws.

I am not entering into any agreement by buying a ticket, I am paying for admittance into the theater. I am not obligated to buy anything from them to boost their profit. I do have the choice to bring my own snacks and drinks if I want them.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Well, my brother isn't home right now or I'd ask him if he knew what the laws were. But from what I remember, it seems like businesses do have the right to set policies and refuse service to people who violate their rules (as long as they aren't based on race, sexual orientation, etc). Just thinking logically here, it would seem that if you pay for a service (or go to be entertained in this case), you enter into a type of agreement with this place of business. By purchasing their product or service and entering their property, you are agreeing to their terms. So I would think that if you disobey their rules, you are in essence violating an agreement. For instance, you KNOW that the theater has a policy not to bring outside food or drinks. This is their policy and you know this prior to entering their property. In my opinion, by breaking this policy you are violating an "agreement" and thereby are forfieting any right to receive products or services from that place of business. Here are your best options:

Even if it is not "illegal" to bring your own snacks to the theater, it is still deceitful and dishonest. If you have to hide something or sneak around, chances are it's wrong whether it's illegal or not. It's not a matter of what their motives are, how over-priced they are, etc. The fact of the matter is you understand their prices and know their policies prior to entering their facility and as a patron you are obligated to abide by their rules or seek entertainment elsewhere.

Good point :emot-questioned:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I dont bring or buy food at the theater. But if I did eath there, I would abide by their rules