• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/19/1978

I wanted to get more info.

I guess everyone knows someone at some point that has committed suicide, so it seems we've all thought about it's results at some point...

Does anyone have any scripture references that clearly state....

Does suicide mean that the person goes straight to hell?

Clearly the person has unforgiven sin.... however.... if they were a beliver were they forgiven without asking specifically?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I guess everyone knows someone at some point that has committed suicide, so it seems we've all thought about it's results at some point...

Clearly the person has unforgiven sin.... however.... if they were a beliver were they forgiven without asking specifically?

Real simply, the equation suicide = hell is a false one. The circumstances of every person who ever has and their reasons, make -up, etc, etc, that is to say that all the factors that would need to go into the equation have been left out. So the simple equation is false. The truth is most the time not very simple.

Who, why, mental illness?, abuse, broken spirit, hate for life, lover of God? A believer going to hell? He who calls on the Lord is saved, God's mercy, God is love, God knows all the factors that we don't.

I'm sure not one person on the planet who has ever lived could recall all their sins before their death bed (of suicide or not) especialy the ones who accepted Christ in thier later years for example.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Dan, I'm probably gonna get blasted for this (again) but the Bible says the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy. Pretty much anybody that dies (unless they know its coming and have a few minutes to pray) is going to leave this world with some unrepeated sin, and either Jesus blood covers us, or it doesn't. Now this isn't saying I'm condoning suicide because I'm not in any way, shape, form or fashion, but I am saying the Bible doesn't say anything "directly" about it. Talk about all the good things about your friend, talk about your memories and love for him, leave the rest to Jesus. :D I'm so sorry for you loss.

I posted this in another thread, about pretty much the same question except this had just happened to Dan and he was asking. I hope you don't mind me reusing it here.

What does the commandment state.

Thou shall not kill.

It does not read thou shall not kill others. Suicide is just another term for killing, just like manslaughter, murder in what ever degree, and any other term that is used for taking anothers life. So let us agree with the commandment and let God deal with the judgement.

:D

Yeah, the judgement part is left for God. And all sins but one can be forgiven.

Dan, I'm probably gonna get blasted for this (again) but the Bible says the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy. Pretty much anybody that dies (unless they know its coming and have a few minutes to pray) is going to leave this world with some unrepeated sin, and either Jesus blood covers us, or it doesn't. Now this isn't saying I'm condoning suicide because I'm not in any way, shape, form or fashion, but I am saying the Bible doesn't say anything "directly" about it. Talk about all the good things about your friend, talk about your memories and love for him, leave the rest to Jesus. :thumbsup: I'm so sorry for you loss.

I posted this in another thread, about pretty much the same question except this had just happened to Dan and he was asking. I hope you don't mind me reusing it here.

Good post. :D

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/06/1961

Good post ruck1b I agree

Thou shall not kill. Is pretty straight forward and kind of hard to disagree with.

Dug

Even though this scripture deals with fornication..I would like to present it.

God desires man to be He dwelling place.

1 Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Now if we agree with this scripture, is not suicide a sin committed against the Holy Ghost? I really dont know how taking our own life will keep us in union with God, and I would go so far to say that it would seperate us from Him. But this is my opinion, as I said before I will agree with the commandment because God will deal with the judgement.

The Bible says the ONLY unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, period thats it, only. The above as you said is your opinion.

I'll tell you why I'm upset, and none of the verses you mention change the ONLY unforgivable sin. You don't know, your guessing, just like I am............but suicide isn't blasphemy so at least my guess is going by scripture. I don't have a dog in this hunt, and I think suicide is a horrible selfish thing to do to the people left behind because it leaves them devastated by loss and grief and guilt, and leaves the one that did its salvation in question to those left behind. I see no reason for wanting to state my opinion so badly that suicides go to hell, that I would be willing to be the one to rub salt in those peoples wounds.

Also like I said, unless you have that few minutes to pray, everybody is going to meet the Lord with un-repented sins on them, and either Jesus blood covers us or it doesn't

Guest lovinghim4ever

Let me start by saying that I am not in the least bit upset by anyone's opinion concerning this subject.

I have plenty of opinions that others don't agree with, so here goes another . . .

God knows our hearts and minds better than we do.

Suicide is a battle, a struggle, a sickness in the mind that only He can judge.

And, as has already been stated - Suicide is NOT an unpardonable sin.

Yes, the Bible commands us not to murder, but even murder is NOT an unpardonable sin.

It is terrible and grievous, but it is not unpardonable.

Suicide is not blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, because it cannot kill the Spirit. It kills the flesh.

Okay, that's my opinion on the subject.

Now my prayer is that we agree to disagree without getting upset with one another.

In Jesus' Name.

:):emot-poke::emot-poke:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

If you are saved then ALL YOUR SINS ARE COVERED BY HIS BLOOD.

It does not mean youre off the hook because you will have to answer to your actions at the Bema seat of Christ.

Does suicide send you to hell? No not if youre saved.