• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  857
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

Ok...I can't post here anymore. I'm being really disrespectful to those that are actually taking demonic garden gnomes seriously...

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

LOL! :wub: Now that is when I would start wondering about my elderly neighbor...the day I see her offering a burnt offering to her garden gnome is the day I retract all my statements on this thread and start believing that garden gnomes are somehow demonic-ly possessed and have the potential to send you straight to hell.

And what is someone you loved very much believed on these gnomes and put their faith in these, and went to hell as a result, would you still find this a laughing matter?

We have stated several times that if they are a stumbling block for someone, we should cover them up or remove them. Nobody here wants anyoone to go to hell, nor do we think hell is funny. We pray for the lost daily.

• Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

LOL! :th_wave: Now that is when I would start wondering about my elderly neighbor...the day I see her offering a burnt offering to her garden gnome is the day I retract all my statements on this thread and start believing that garden gnomes are somehow demonic-ly possessed and have the potential to send you straight to hell.

And what is someone you loved very much believed on these gnomes and put their faith in these, and went to hell as a result, would you still find this a laughing matter?

If somebody is actually putting their faith in a garden gnome by sacrificing to it, yeah they probably deserve to be in hell...No one I love sacrifices to a garden gnome, therefore I find it funny to think about.

Thank you for your kind words. :wub:

• Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Ya'll probably dont know this, but tears are pouring down my face. Though my cousn was witch, I loved her very much and I miss her terribly. She died a tragic death and likely she did go to hell. I dont think there is any greater tragedy than the deception demons cause.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  857
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

Your cousin didn't die and go to the devil because she had a garden gnome though...and that's what you are trying to tell us, that if we have a garden gnome that we are in danger of going to hell.

Your cousin was practicing a religion that did not have anything to do with God, she made her choice...and I'm sure her choice was not to worship her garden gnome, it was to practice the wiccan religion.

I'm sorry your cousin died not knowing the Holy Spirit, but you still can't convince me that having a little ceramic gnome in your garden means that you are a practicing witch.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I hope you are 100% sure that God does not mind you using what others have worshipped as a false god in your garden. If I had to guess, I'd say God would rather see them destroyed. There are much better options out there for decorating your garden than objects so very closely tied to false gods and wicca. (Ladders and such are not nearly as closely tied to wicca as gnomes and such)

This false hope wiccans cling to has caused my heart great pain. People that I love very much are involved in this. God loves those people even more than I do, so I can only imagine it hurts him even worse.I'd appreciate it if noone would poke fun at such a painful issue.

To replace a gnome for a doe figurine or rabbit ....... the only thing you are changing is the figure. The decoration for whatever used you have if there for is still the same. So if a gnome that sits in a garden for what ever reason, is removed and a differnt object like a doe, or flower on a stick or rabbit, is put in its place, would not that new figuring take on whatever demonic influences that the gnome had, if the gome had them in the first place?

My grandmother used to keep little plastic animals placed along her garden of roses. It added some cuteness to the garden. I dont believe that she worshiped them or offered incense or sacrifices to them. She did hose them off with water occaionally. You could drive by her farm and see her gardens and would not ever think that she was into anything unholy or against God.

Because my grandmother was during this time serving another other than God, would that make her garden decorations evil if I had inherited them and placed them in my garden after she passed. She did accept the Lord before she died, but at the time of her conversion, she was in an assisted living home not on her farm.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Ya'll probably dont know this, but tears are pouring down my face. Though my cousn was witch, I loved her very much and I miss her terribly. She died a tragic death and likely she did go to hell. I dont think there is any greater tragedy than the deception demons cause.

I have a witch in my family too. I pray for her daily. But I do not blame gnomes or fairies for her deception. I blame satan and demons. You do not know for sure that she went to hell, there is always hope of that momentary revelation before death.

We have got to remember it is demons that deceive, not the objects.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Do most people actually see a stone painted gnome in someones garden and think "they must worship satan"?

I dont think so.

Most people would probably laugh at the silly looking thing.

I would have to have been drinking a cup of tea when I came across this post... :wub:

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

The bible says that our God is a jealous God. The fact that these statues and such are worshipped by people of other beliefs I am sure has made God very angry. Seems to be a mocking of some sort to willingly display something that has made God jealous.

Kind of like, if my husband had an affair, and you were my best friend, and you decided to display the picture of the person my husband had an affair with in your home. That would make me angry, though you were not the one having an affair with her.

p.s. please review the third paragraph in the OP before responding to this

bump

An excellent point.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I believe that if we stay focused on God's Word, pray, and grow in our faith in God, that many of these seeming trivial objects of dust collectors would be less and less and issue. I also feel that with daily growth in God and His word, any objects that would instill jealousy in our God would be made known.

And while God is working in my life cleaning up the garbage from my past, it by no means should be rules for you to live by. Unless you felt God convicting you of it.

Otherwise they would know we are Christians by our bare walls and carpetless dirt floors.