Official, rock music is too loud

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Music is like a car dealer's commercial: The louder it is, the stupider they think you are.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

what band was it? pray tell!!

You know, I knew somebody would ask. I was looking for the CD and I think it's still packed. The only things I remember are that they were all guys, very skinny, pale and anemic looking, wearing baggy clothes and trying desperately to grow facial hair. What is it with young men these days? If you can't grow a beard then shave for crying out loud!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

You know, I knew somebody would ask. I was looking for the CD and I think it's still packed. The only things I remember are that they were all guys, very skinny, pale and anemic looking, wearing baggy clothes and trying desperately to grow facial hair. What is it with young men these days? If you can't grow a beard then shave for crying out loud!

of course someone will ask! :emot-hug:

and your summary describes pretty much half the bands out there lol.

get Marnie to help you unpack so you can tell me the name of the band faster :noidea:

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

of course someone will ask! :emot-hug:

and your summary describes pretty much half the bands out there lol.

get Marnie to help you unpack so you can tell me the name of the band faster :41:

:noidea: Yeah. I think it's a group called "Kids in the Way." Man, these guys are... :24: ...well you gotta see them to believe them. Since the CD was in with his dirty clothes, I am assuming this is the one...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

The music was very loud and brash, and the vocals were very much "in your face." I shudder to think what this stuff is doing to kid's ears with their ear bugs rammed down their ear canals!

Shalom Mike,

Ear BUGS???? rammed down their ear canals????? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! {right out of a CSI storyline!} :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08

The music was very loud and brash, and the vocals were very much "in your face." I shudder to think what this stuff is doing to kid's ears with their ear bugs rammed down their ear canals!

Shalom Mike,

Ear BUGS???? rammed down their ear canals????? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! {right out of a CSI storyline!} :noidea:

:24: ear buds perhaps? Yeah, he's hip all right. I need to proofread his posts, maybe?? :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

Not very long ago, as I was stopped in traffic, one of the cars nearby had some music going - very loud - I don't know what exactly about the music affected me, but in that brief space of time that I could hear their music, I started to feel physically ill. I was praying for traffic to move on quickly so I could get away from the music.

Once I was able to get out of range of that music, I immediately stopped feeling sick. Ewww....

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/05/1988

You know an increased problem of hearing loss has been traced to i-pods. My thoughts are I would want the ppl who sing so loud or who have ungodly songs for them to go deaf. However ppl choose to listen to the loud music and I really think it should be turned down.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Add that along with the new, louder, and more compact speakers installed in some cars, and you get those cars that pull up along side you in traffic and practically change your heart's rhythm with the loud BASS! :huh::noidea::24:

Civility has been replaced with the "to heck with you" attitude. We are becoming a country of selfish, arrogant, prideful and disrespectful people; and those are just the Christians.

Shameful.

Yes it is.

I'm beginning to believe that Christians are the worst because our "accuser", satan, needs something to accuse and his team works extra hard developing our skills at persecuting our own.