byHisGrace

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Is their some reason why we can't have both? Wisdom, could you give an example of what you mean by, "I've had discussions with people who always want to identify with a particular denomination without ever understanding its doctrinally beliefs."

I don't understand why someone would want to be i.d.'ed as a Presbyterian, or a Baptist, without wanting this *because* of the denom's doctrines :exclaimation: .

Now, many folks are 'born' into a certain church congregation,

and do not believe what the pastor is saying. They just go out of habit, and this is sad. We should always understand the

doctrines of our church, and attend there because we love the truths taught to us- our spiritual food. (Not that this is the only source of our manna.) I would have to say, that the only good reason for attending any particular church is, because our souls can best be cared for under that spiritual

leadership. It *is* the Lord's desire that we be submitted under the care of *some* godly elders or pastor.

:angel:

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

This one is very important to me, and I just wanted to hear anything new from the thoughts of others this last time around (before permanent archives, I guess *smile*)

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hello all

Does this board have a denomination? No. So what is the advantage of denomination? Is it not just a way to divide and reduce communication between Christians? There are many different interpretations of faith on these boards that are discussed with "passion". But does it not drive us to search the WORD to seek confirmation of our thoughts on faith? When someone is locked up in a denomination and never communicates their faith to people who see things differently do they ever search the WORD seriously to make their faith strong? I feel blessed to have the opportunity to come to these boards to fashion a great suit of armor that I will need in the dark days ahead.

Bless you all

• Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Hello all

Does this board have a denomination? No. So what is the advantage of denomination? Is it not just a way to divide and reduce communication between Christians? There are many different interpretations of faith on these boards that are discussed with "passion". But does it not drive us to search the WORD to seek confirmation of our thoughts on faith? When someone is locked up in a denomination and never communicates their faith to people who see things differently do they ever search the WORD seriously to make their faith strong? I feel blessed to have the opportunity to come to these boards to fashion a great suit of armor that I will need in the dark days ahead.

Bless you all

Guest harvester

Doctrine, is the only important thing when joining a church, and when I say join I don't mean signing a membership card!!

They all say that in Acts ch 2 they joined the church, and to the denominations it means signing a membership card, the Jewish people kept records of everything, keeping a record of who joined the church in the new testament is no different, but when it comes to the doctrine, was the church at Philipi, or Collosse, or Thessolonica, or any other church have any different doctrines between each other, I don't think so!!

You could go to half a dozen different Baptist churches and they would all have some kind of difference on how they interpret the scriptures, they were all of one mind in the early church, in todays church it is just not that way!!!

Guest C.D. Light

Ive never been of any denomination; I went where God sent me and it had no denomination.  I dislike denominations and think they get in the way of the Doctrine of Christ, which is just the Bible.  We dont really need anything else.

I see most people who bicker and argue, are really arguing for their particular church. If anyone criticizes that church doctrine, they are accused of being mean and hateful. This is a good indication that it is their church they are attached to and not to Christ. Its downright sickening to see this.

I left a church that I loved going to simply because it was getting more and more off track.

I left another church because I caught the preacher prophecying out of his own self.

I have not attended my present church for awhile because I got nothing out of listening to OT preaching. A sermon of those living under the Law I could not equate to us today living under Grace.  And it was morbid. It doesnt hit me where I am living today.

cd

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

"You could go to half a dozen different Baptist churches and they would all have some kind of difference on how they interpret the scriptures, they were all of one mind in the early church, in todays church it is just not that way!!!"

1 Cor 11:18-19 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

One of the primary reasons Paul wrote the epistles of the New Testament was due to divisions and differences.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Hello C.D. Light,

We must have been writing our posts at the same time

Guest harvester

Posted: Dec. 01 2002,08:58    

-------------------------------------------------------------Quote-------------------

("You could go to half a dozen different Baptist churches and they would all have some kind of difference on how they interpret the scriptures, they were all of one mind in the early church, in todays church it is just not that way!!!"

1 Cor 11:18-19 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

One of the primary reasons Paul wrote the epistles of the New Testament was due to divisions and differences. )

Yes thank you for clarifying that for me, divisions are common every where, what I was refering to was the membership sign up sheet in the churches today.

And even they don't stop the divisions in a church!