IGNORED

Solid evidence for a young Earth

I'm sorry, but if dinosaurs were around during that time, we would have known about it. We have documentation from that period in abundance, yet this is the only evidence we have to point towards dinosaurs? This is merely another conspiracy theory and has obviously not been taken seriously by any authorities. You say the authorities are trying to keep it on the down-low. I say they see through garbage and understand that this is not verifiable evidence for dinosaurs. If they were around at that time, why do we not see them now? Surely the atmosphere hasn't changed enough to wipe out the largest and strongest creatures to ever walk the Earth in 500 years?

Too many holes.

Way too many holes.

the answer is so obvious that it's hard to believe you don't see it???

someone snuck that dinosaur in through the back door when no one was looking....

:)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bible does not give a date to how long the universe was here, or that how long the earth was here, it says the earth lay void, but does not at all give a time, for creation it gives a time, but the time in hebrew :"yom" could also mean a long time period. Genesis does fit with the observable evidence.

here is another monkey-wrench in the machine...

the bible doesn't actually say that the earth lay void. It says the "eretz" was void. Eretz is a word which means "land". Now, it might stretch your imagination a bit but it could be saying that "land" was created before He put it into planet form.

That's a neat thing about the hebrew language....it leaves room for many interpretations and they could all be correct. Often it is not binary thought (as in "it's either this way or that way") but rather allows for multiple layers of interpretation.

I'm not saying it *is* one way or the other (because we simply can not know this side of heaven) but it is entirely possible to read the first 2 verses of Genesis as "God created land" and it happened before he formed it into planets or other heavenly bodies.

I often wonder why some people must have everything about God defined and catagorized? These same people will get ugly if their theories are tested and found wanting.

Is our faith strong enough to accept that we don't have to know everything about Him....to know Him? Are we trying to prove Him to others or to ourselves? If it is for others, can't He handle that without our help? I'm sure He must get a chuckle out of that. :)

Are we so insecure in the knowledge that He is the Creator that we have to explain every detail of how He created for it to be true?

I say "Go argue with a tree" to anyone who can't see it. I don't have to know how.

The only important discussion with someone like that is "who do you say Jesus is?"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

the bible does not give a date to how long the universe was here, or that how long the earth was here, it says the earth lay void, but does not at all give a time, for creation it gives a time, but the time in hebrew :"yom" could also mean a long time period. Genesis does fit with the observable evidence.

here is another monkey-wrench in the machine...

the bible doesn't actually say that the earth lay void. It says the "eretz" was void. Eretz is a word which means "land".

Now, it might stretch your imagination a bit but it could be saying that "land" was created before He put it into planet form. that's the thing about the hebrew language....it leaves lots of room for interpretation. Often it is not binary thought (as in "it's either this way or that way") but rather allows for multiple layers of interpretation.

I'm not saying it "is" one way or another but it is entirely possible to read this as "God created land" and that happened before he formed it into planets or any other heavenly bodies.

Hmmm interesting to think about,

I say "Go argue with a tree" to anyone who can't see it. I don't have to know how.
:o

How Could You! :laugh:;):24:

The only important discussion with someone like that is "who do you say Jesus is?"
:thumbsup:

What think ye of Christ?
Matthew 22:42

The Heavers Look Down Upon The Hearts of Men

All Eternity Awaits The Answer

Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
1 Peter 1:12

Hallelujah!

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
Luke 15:7

Be Blessed

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Is there any possibility that the matter used to create earth is indeed millions of years old yet they were not assembled, as earth, until 6,000 or 40,000 years ago (or pick whatever popular number you prefer). Thus radiometric dating shows a truthful number but not the truthful age of the earth?

But why would god create the matter of the universe and then come back later to create the earth? Why would he create an earth that looks older than it is? Was he trying to deceive us?

(By the way, the dates were taken from meteorites, not the earth itself.)

Undone has a viable theory there. One that never occurred to ME, truthfully, but viable nonetheless. Atheistreview, oh misguided one, let me give you a clue. God does not ever try to decieve his children; why would He? We can't understand most of His actions anyway. But they are always honest and in our best interests, even if we don't agree with them. :thumbsup:

That was my point. "God does not ever try to decieve his children", which is why it doesn't make sense that he would make the earth look older than it is. It seems like a very unparsimonious answer to the question.

Okay...that aside, is the radiometric dating question possible? I'm not familiar with the radiometric dating process enough to rule this scenario out or say it's possible. Do you know? Anybody else out there familiar enough with the process to make an informed response?

Still waiting.... :)

Is there any possibility that the matter used to create earth is indeed millions of years old yet they were not assembled, as earth, until 6,000 or 40,000 years ago (or pick whatever popular number you prefer). Thus radiometric dating shows a truthful number but not the truthful age of the earth?

I think you'd face an uphill battle proving this. It isn't just the age of the minerals which make up the Earth that offers clear support for the scientific view, it's the fact that you can observe naturally formed structures across the globe which can be shown to have formed over geologic, not biblical, time spans. And then you're back to arguing whether (and why) God created the Earth five or ten millennia ago, meticulously crafting it to appear millions of millennia old.

Thanks for your honest assessment. I truly hadn't meant it to go much further than entertaining my own curiosity. I realize one opens a whole new can of worms to carry this out to it's conclusion. I suppose I like to think there are such a large number of variables and possibilities that exist when considering a question of this magnitude that only my creator can possibly hold the answer. Thus, man, in his current state, will only scratch the surface of truth that exists in our universe.

I think you'd face an uphill battle proving this. It isn't just the age of the minerals which make up the Earth that offers clear support for the scientific view, it's the fact that you can observe naturally formed structures across the globe which can be shown to have formed over geologic, not biblical, time spans. And then you're back to arguing whether (and why) God created the Earth five or ten millennia ago, meticulously crafting it to appear millions of millennia old.

Thanks for your honest assessment. I truly hadn't meant it to go much further than entertaining my own curiosity. I realize one opens a whole new can of worms to carry this out to it's conclusion. I suppose I like to think there are such a large number of variables and possibilities that exist when considering a question of this magnitude that only my creator can possibly hold the answer. Thus, man, in his current state, will only scratch the surface of truth that exists in our universe.

One more idea that stems from this...

Would it not be true that most of if not all of the natural elements of our world would have been here since it's foundation? For example, the porcelain toilet in my bathroom was manufactured 30 years ago from raw materials that one way or another were a part of the earth since it's inception. HUH!?! :) HUH!?! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Anyone who thinks the world is 4000 years old is a little Kookoo. It clearly isnt. I mean even primapes and neanderthals etc came long before 4000 years ago.

One more idea that stems from this...

Would it not be true that most of if not all of the natural elements of our world would have been here since it's foundation? For example, the porcelain toilet in my bathroom was manufactured 30 years ago from raw materials that one way or another were a part of the earth since it's inception. HUH!?! :24: HUH!?! :24:

Yeah, dig it. But it goes back way farther than that. Your toilet came from an exploding star.

It's all starstuff, and so are we. Let's start at the Big Bang. Eventually simple hydrogen and helium atoms form out of the hot, expanding, exploding mess within the first million years or so of the Universe's existence. These atoms begin to coalesce into denser and denser masses. Some of these masses get so dense that they become stars where hydrogen atoms start to fuse, releasing gobs of energy (light and heat) and producing more helium. Stars which use up all their hydrogen start fusing helium, and so on, producing heavier and heavier elements: lithium, beryllium, boron, carbon, nitrogen, oxygen. Some stars go supernova, monstrous runaway nuclear bombs, stellar explosions where these lighter elements are fused into all the heavier elements--including aluminum and silicon, which (among many others) make their way to the dust cloud which coalesces into our solar system, where we find them in kaolinite and other silicate minerals in the Earth. And somebody digs these minerals up and figures out how to make things out of them, and there's your toilet.

Cosmic. :emot-hug: And they say atheists don't feel awe. How could we not?

FOR SALE: 40,000,000 year old toilet. (6,000 years of you are a YEC). Works great! A real bargain! :blink:

undone

Still waiting.... :whistling:

Actually, I answered:

The dates were taken from meteorites. Basically they tell us how long ago the meteorites were formed, which tells us how long ago the solar system started to coagulate into planets and asteroids etc. So if god decided to make the solar system in a form that was partially clumped (so that meteorites were just forming) and then prevented it from clumping any further for a few billion years, then made the earth form very very quickly, cool down very very quickly, then if he creates life and lets some meteorites fall from the leftover solar stuff, then yea, it's possible. :madgrin:

Forgive me,

I must have passed the last part of your answer. I think I was anticipating more arguments over semantics and such that seems to happen so often.

So you're saying it IS possible.... :b: