• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

Always take my Bible.

That way I can make notes in the margins on things I want to remember.

Plus, I dont believe everything anyone says, I verify everything spoke in church.

As Paul would commend you for. :emot-questioned:

Yes, I also take along my Bible so I can verify the passages, and place them in proper context. What the pastor is saying is never, no matter how good the pastor, as important as what God is -actually- saying. It's always good to verify.

Shalom rtwo,

You can verify the Scriptures later, at home. That's what I do.

I still verify all the scriptures because i usually get the tapes and later look them all up....I am just saying this so that no one can assume that just because one doesn't take or use their bibles in church does not mean that they are not looking up the scriptures that are being read from... :21:

Shalom,

Amen and amen.

Or that not following along in church in a Bible means being "spoon-fed". Sheesh. How ridiculous.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

I love bringing my bible to church! As with Biblicist, I want to learn in church and how can you have preaching without the word of God?? I love what small children are sometimes taught that B.I.B.L.E. stands for Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth as it shows that it is our... our instruction guide through life if you will... When you go to work on a car, you take a car manual and not "How to build a refrigerator for dummies".. it just won't do you any good :wub:

Writing in my bible, unlining and using the margins have been such a help and I also take a notebook and pen to take notes and learn. Me personally, I can sit and listen to a lecture but if I dont' write it down, I wo'nt get anything out of it! Even more, I can write down questions that I may have or write down things that come to mind such as decisions to spend more time in good hoenst prayer, spend more time reading God's Word and studying it ... whatever it may be. There are time when some of what the pastor says is kind of deep and the Lord reminds me of things from previous message like "Don't forget the bread" and "God knows how to thread your needle".... We had rolls of bread "thrown" at us in that message :)

It is a blessing ot be able to just read along and maybe the Lord will point out something to me while the pastor is preaching... I know a man that is traiing for the ministry and jsut got his preaching license and he said that while Pastor was preaching, he just keep seeing message after message ... outline after outline that was just so obvious to them as the Lord revealed them to him! Sometimes, the Lord shows me things that I might want to teach in a lesson or to my small babysititng children sometime or it might be an answer to pray like "fear thou not".

My mind wanders a lot so having some material to hold onto is very important and it is blessing to know that my pastor believes that Christ and the bible have to be hte focus of the message.. it isn't something that He syas, but something that comes straight from teh Word of God. WHere better to go to find out what Jesus says about something than straight to the Word of God?? My pastor stands on the KJV so there isn't an issue of different versions and for that I am glad of for reasons that I won't mention in order not to hijack this thread... but oh how I'd love to :21:

Returning to what Biblicist said, our Bible is like our textbook for life and why shouldn't we bring it to church or "bring church to our bible" depending? How can we go to church to hear the Word of God and not even have it with us?

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

Yes, I always take my Bible and a notebook, usually a highlighter and a few pens. The church I go to always puts Scripture on the overhead, but I like to look and read my own so I can underline in my Bible. We also have a place in the weekly bulletin for taking notes but it's never enough room for me :21: .Not being judgemental, but I think we should take His Word with us when we go into His house. There are people in my church that may not even own a Bible (until my church realizes that they don't) and that makes the overhead very useful.

God's love to you.

Returning to what Biblicist said, our Bible is like our textbook for life and why shouldn't we bring it to church or "bring church to our bible" depending? How can we go to church to hear the Word of God and not even have it with us?

Shalom Kitty,

Simple! We take notes on our bulletins where we have a place for sermon notes. I write down all the Scriptures along with the notes. The pastor not only reads all the Scriptures, but they are displayed on the screens. There is no reason to bring my own Bible as it adds nothing to my understanding of what the pastor is reading or teaching. The Scriptures he is using are Scriptures as well. My Bible isn't any more holy than his. :21:

I don't understand how people can make such a statement. Of course the Bible is the textbook of life! What does having MY Bible at church have to do with my hearing and receiving the Word of G-d? Nothing. The Word of G-d is being preached whether I have my book open or not. I actually get MORE out of the message by listening to the Scriptures being read.

Why I don't bring mine to church is because looking up the Scriptures during the sermon, while trying to write everything down is distracting. I want my full attention on the MESSAGE of the Scriptures. So, it makes better sense to write down all the Scriptures he uses, as well as his sermon notes and listen as he reads the Scriptures and do my checking and verifying at home.

As an aside, there are people who don't own Bibles, or who can't read, or who are blind and come to church. They hear and receive the Word of G-d just as well through the preaching and teaching. Having a Bible in hand does not make anyone more holy.

In our Church we have pew Bibles. But normally, we are not there to read, but to hear the devine Law/Gospel message from our pastor.

Shalom,

AMEN.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

yes, always...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

In our Church we have pew Bibles. But normally, we are not there to read, but to hear the devine Law/Gospel message from our pastor.

I can't quite put my finger on it... but this statement troubles me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

I can't quite put my finger on it... but this statement troubles me.

me too....I mean if you are not there to read, where do you get the law/Gospel from??? :thumbsup: