• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

Ted, I'm up and down with U2 but I agree that B.B. King is the MAN.

Anyway, related - Bono just guest edited an Africa-centered issue of Vanity Fair that is absolutely fantastic. Check it out.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Anyway, related - Bono just guest edited an Africa-centered issue of Vanity Fair that is absolutely fantastic. Check it out.

:24:

Uh, wait a minute.....Vanity Fair...? Not sure if my manliness code will allow that. Could you gimme a brief synopsis? :laugh:

t.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

:huh:

Uh, wait a minute.....Vanity Fair...? Not sure if my manliness code will allow that. Could you gimme a brief synopsis? :huh:

t.

I hope "everybody" noticed, I haven't said a thing.

:cool:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

:laugh:

Uh, wait a minute.....Vanity Fair...? Not sure if my manliness code will allow that. Could you gimme a brief synopsis? :huh:

t.

I hope "everybody" noticed, I haven't said a thing.

:cool:

Your silence is deafening :huh:

Hahaha, it's not un-manly to read VF, I promise. The issue covers all bases - there's an interview with Archbishop Desmond Tutu, an article about political and economic signs of hope in Kenya (where I'm going next year, yay!), brief statements from all the major Presidential candidates (Dem and Repub) about what they would aim for with US-African relations. And a beautiful series of cover shots featuring 21 people involved with Africa and activism, everyone from George W. Bush (whose Africa policies Bono supports, apparently) to Maya Angelou to Iman. Well worth checking out.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,254

Hahaha, it's not un-manly to read VF, I promise. The issue covers all bases - there's an interview with Archbishop Desmond Tutu, an article about political and economic signs of hope in Kenya (where I'm going next year, yay!), brief statements from all the major Presidential candidates (Dem and Repub) about what they would aim for with US-African relations. And a beautiful series of cover shots featuring 21 people involved with Africa and activism, everyone from George W. Bush (whose Africa policies Bono supports, apparently) to Maya Angelou to Iman. Well worth checking out.

georgesbluegirl....speaking of George, have you heard what George Martin did with George's original version of "while my guitar gently weeps" on the "Love" album? I quite liked it. If you can, You-Tube Jake Shimabukuro doing this song. Its amazing. I would post it but You-Tube is not allowed here.

Dan

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

georgesbluegirl....speaking of George, have you heard what George Martin did with George's original version of "while my guitar gently weeps" on the "Love" album? I quite liked it. If you can, You-Tube Jake Shimabukuro doing this song. Its amazing. I would post it but You-Tube is not allowed here.

Dan

That album is definately a work of genius. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I tend to be a staunch purist but I softened up once I had to admit that I kind of liked DJ Danger Mouse playing around with Jay-Z + the white album. I haven't actually gotten to "Love" yet but I've heard excellent things, so I'll definitely check that out. Thanks for the tip!

-Kris

PS: My screenname comes (loosely) from "For You, Blue," FYI. I might have mentioned that before or you might have just made the leap....either way, way to make a connection!

=)

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom K,

What I know about Bono is not the issue. I posted my opinion, as others do.

You obviously disagree with my opinion. Good for you. Mine is just as valid as yours.

Opinions that are born out of ignorance or misinformation are not valid. Making comments about people that you know nothing about is irresponsible and slanderous. My question to you about what you knew about him is relevant to the topic at hand because people who don't know what they're talking about should refrain from airing their opinions.

Shalom K,

You mean opinions that you disagree with are not valid? Sorry, not true. And for the record, who said I knew nothing about Bono? Not I.

You assume too much and are way too arrogant and frankly, mean, for your young years. It's sad to see really. Perhaps when you grow up, you will have more grace. :P I hope so anyway.

And since this IS a discussion board where ALL opinions are welcomed, you are not correct by suggesting that my opinion, or anyone's is not welcomed or valid. Maybe when you grow up some you will refrain from such ungracious posts.

I know quite a bit about Bono and have the right to post my opinion as does anyone, whether you agree or not. It is interesting to note that my opinion was not directed at Bono, but celebrities in general (if you actually READ my post, you might have understood that). If you don't care for my opinion, please feel free to hit the "Ignore" button. Otherwise, you are not the position to decree who has the right to post on this board or not. Maybe when you grow up some, you will realize that.

G-d bless you.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Wow! Three pages! And I just thought the story was kind of humorous! Maybe it's just a slow news cycle.

Shalom,

It IS kind of humorous, but some people want to make an argument about sharing opinions. <sigh> So what else is new around here? :P