IGNORED

Hilton: 'God Has Released Me'

Guest Marlee

There have been many attorneys, who practice in LA, that have said her sentence is harsher than most convicted of similar misdomeaners. Most folks serve 10% of their sentence IF THAT. She is being made an example of. Also, according to several pundits, she actually is receiving a much harsher sentence than a garden variety felon. People driving with a suspended license are arrested, their car is impounded, but the only jail time is until someone comes to bail you out. Sure she's a spoiled brat, but Lady Justice is supposed to be blind.

Also. I heard a report that said its not unusual that people show up late for court, smarted off and violated probation more than once, so that makes her no different than others except for her celebrity status. You heard of this only because she is who she is. As a matter of fact, it was reported on more than one news source/station, that the courts are used to this kind of response and behavior.

Edited by Marlee

Guest LadyC

marlee, in case you haven't been paying attention, paris isn't having to serve anymore of her sentence than anyone else. she gets the same "time off for good behaviour" that everyone gets.

and for the record, i don't give a hoot how many people show up late or mouth off to the judge. if i were a judge, i'd expect respect in my courtroom and anyone who refused to be respectful would get a harsher sentence. ANY judge worth a darn would impose harsher sentences for those who can't show respect. too bad you think that THIS judge was out of line for doing what was right.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

She is being made an example of.

Unfortunately, that is the price of fame.

Truthfully, I would rather her be treated like any other law violator - which would include not seeing her as front-page news . . . or any news for that matter.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

:)

4 pages of Paris Hilton..... :whistling:

t.

Guest Marlee

ladyc, what makes you think I haven't been paying attention? I'm fully aware that Paris will get time off for good behavior. Who isn't? I also am well aware that when a significant amount of people who are familar with the circumstances of their legal system specifically state that her sentence was harsher to begin with than many with similar circumstances, then there is an element of truth to that. I don't deny that she brought alot of her problems on herself because of her spoiled up bringing. Her mother probably caused her more pain by trying to support her than she would have if she had kept quite.

I also believe she is getting what she deserved, but I realize now justice is not always equal.

Guest LadyC
There have been many attorneys, who practice in LA, that have said her sentence is harsher than most convicted of similar misdomeaners. Most folks serve 10% of their sentence IF THAT. She is being made an example of.

that's why i said what i said... you made it sound as though you thought she was going to have to serve out her entire sentence rather than a portion of it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/14/1993

will be praying for her :24:

Guest Marlee
There have been many attorneys, who practice in LA, that have said her sentence is harsher than most convicted of similar misdomeaners. Most folks serve 10% of their sentence IF THAT. She is being made an example of.

that's why i said what i said... you made it sound as though you thought she was going to have to serve out her entire sentence rather than a portion of it.

I've read over what I posted and no where did I see that I said she would have to serve her entire sentence. I've always been aware of that. I stated that many believe her reduced sentence was too harsh, which is probably true compared to others with the same charges. Now her attitude and her mothers attitude, as I stated, made things worse for her, which we both know. Anyway, I don't want to be responsible for taking this overworked topic to a 5th page, so I'm moving on.

Happy Fathers day to all the fathers out there. :24:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I've read over what I posted and no where did I see that I said she would have to serve her entire sentence. I've always been aware of that. I stated that many believe her reduced sentence was too harsh, which is probably true compared to others with the same charges. Now her attitude and her mothers attitude, as I stated, made things worse for her, which we both know. Anyway, I don't want to be responsible for taking this overworked topic to a 5th page, so I'm moving on.

Happy Fathers day to all the fathers out there. :thumbsup:

One of the pieces that are not being mentioned is the fact that Paris is in fact serving a sentence for two things. First for violating her probation which is a serious charge and then sentencing for the original charge.

Hers was a fair sentence in this light.