• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

Shalom,

Sadly for us, Ruth Bell Graham has gone on to Heaven to be with Jesus.

Please pray for her family as they deal with the void of her presence.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,884
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

I had just pulled this off the internet.

Laura

Billy Graham's wife Ruth dies at 87

By MIKE BAKER, Associated Press Writer

MONTREAT, N.C. - Ruth Graham, who surrendered dreams of missionary work in Tibet to marry a suitor who became the world's most renowned evangelist, died Thursday. She was 87. Graham died at 5:05 p.m. at her home at Little Piney Cove, surrounded by her husband and all their five children, said a statement released by Larry Ross, Billy Graham's spokesman.

"Ruth was my life partner, and we were called by God as a team," Billy Graham said in a statement. "No one else could have borne the load that she carried. She was a vital and integral part of our ministry, and my work through the years would have been impossible without her encouragement and support.

"I am so grateful to the Lord that He gave me Ruth, and especially for these last few years we've had in the mountains together. We've rekindled the romance of our youth, and my love for her continued to grow deeper every day. I will miss her terribly, and look forward even more to the day I can join her in Heaven."

Ruth Graham had been bedridden for months with degenerative osteoarthritis of the back and neck and underwent treatment for pneumonia two weeks ago. At her request, and in consultation with her family, she had stopped receiving nutrients through a feeding tube for the last few days, Ross said.

The family plans a private interment ceremony and a public memorial service. Those arrangement had yet to be made on Thursday.

As Mrs. Billy Graham, Ruth Graham could lay claim to being the first lady of evangelical Protestantism, but neither exploited that unique status nor lusted for the limelight.

Behind the scenes, however, she was considered her husband's closest confidant during his spectacular global career

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Praying for the family!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  864
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/22/1954

Praying

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Hallelujah!

Victory! Death where is your sting? My God is Lord over death. Praise be unto Jesus may she rest in His presence.

Praying for her family's comfort.

Guest Biblicist

Vickilynn thank you so much for posting this information. And Laura for the article.

1 Corinthians 15:54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."

Psalm 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD

is the death of his saints.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom Y'all,

While I know that Ruth is out of the chronic and debilitating pain she endured and I know she is safely in the arms of Jesus, still it is a sad thing to say goodbye to her. This is one, truly, truly wonderful and G-dly woman.

While I rejoice that she is pain-free and in the place she so longed to be, face to face with her beloved Savior and L-rd Jesus, still my heart breaks for her husband, who is so devoted to her and for her children, grands and great-grands who will miss her smile and quick wit.

It is so hard to say goodbye to those we love, and we grieve. Yet, we do not grieve as though who have no hope....

1 Thessalonians 4

13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Shalom Y'all,

While I know that Ruth is out of the chronic and debilitating pain she endured and I know she is safely in the arms of Jesus, still it is a sad thing to say goodbye to her. This is one, truly, truly wonderful and G-dly woman.

While I rejoice that she is pain-free and in the place she so longed to be, face to face with her beloved Savior and L-rd Jesus, still my heart breaks for her husband, who is so devoted to her and for her children, grands and great-grands who will miss her smile and quick wit.

It is so hard to say goodbye to those we love, and we grieve. Yet, we do not grieve as though who have no hope....

1 Thessalonians 4

13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.

Amen and Amen!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  857
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

With his beloved already making the path brighter, I doubt Billy will be very far behind.