IGNORED

Single And Lonely

Guest lovinghim4ever

Guest lovinghim4ever

Loneliness? Yuk! :) It breaks my heart whenever I hear someone say they are lonely, but I must admit that it helps a little to know I

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Loneliness? Yuk! :) It breaks my heart whenever I hear someone say they are lonely, but I must admit that it helps a little to know I

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/17/1960

I can relate, relative to the guys' perspective. After my divorce, I had to travel to earn enough cash to pay support, and still survive. The emotional turmoil of the breakup and upheaveal left me completely alone, and extremely lonely. I reached out to a church and learned that there were some lovely single women in there, only later to discover that in no way was I ready for a relationship. And they, even less so. Many, many nights I would come home from work to turn on the TV just for the noise. Sometimes I would insist on getting out to dine by myself. Haha! That's a trip which I do not miss. Occassionally, I'd see another forlorn soul sitting alone reading a book; probably hiding from the eyes of others. And I would think, gee, it would be so nice to dine with that person and have a pleasant conversation. In the end though, I always went home to the noise of the TV, more lonely than ever.

Paul expressed, it is not good for man to be alone. And I know exactly what he meant. It leads us down paths where we should not venture. Women are probably not as prone to those kinds of distractions, I would guess. Eventually I met and married again, and we are miles from family still. But at least we have each other to rely on for sweet company. I don't want to ever be single again, unless the Lord should call her home. Who knows what lies in store then... I racked up quite a few single years; and sometimes, not gracefully.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I like being single.....................I was more lonely when I was married than I have ever been single. Different strokes I guess!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I like being single.....................I was more lonely when I was married than I have ever been single. Different strokes I guess!

It's true. Living with a husband that is emotionally detached is much worse than being single. I like being single too. 25% of American households are made up of one person according to the last census. Being single is now trendy. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

I get being lonely single and I get being lonely in a marriage, either way is no fun. But what do you do? I sure don't want to find myself out looking at faces and wondering to myself, maybe he could be the one Lord. Spent too much time doing that and got myself in more trouble than I care to remember.

I guess it comes to finding that place where Christ really IS sufficient.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  248
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

I am a widow of 21 years. My children are out of the nest. I see them once a month or so.

I used to go and visit a older friend of mine but she passed on in March.

I don't work and I am at home most of the time.

My neighbours are married or a few are single yet they seem busy all the time.

It's hard some days.

Sometimes, I jump in my truck and drive around the park. Just to take my mind off of my loneliness.

I have been in church and heard someone ask a friend to dinner. I hear myself saying, "I'd like to go too!"

I haven't been on a date in over 8 years. :P Yes, you read that statement correctly. :21:

I guess you could say we are living in another season. The desire to change what we do in that season is left up to us and GOD!

For me I am going to take a ride out into the country and find an Amish family that could use some extra help and friendship.

I have been thinking and praying about this. So I need to jump into my truck and go exploring.

There's an idea for you jump into your vechile and see where you end up. Have Fun! :cool:

Liz

• Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I hate being alone.

Mankind was not designed to be alone and yet for so many people living in the 21st century that is their reality.

We all lead busy lives but the reality of coming home and shutting the first door is always hard for me. Will I see anybody until the next time that I go out?

I also find it difficult after church when families go home together or people go out for a meal together. The keyword here is together. Don't get me wrong. Sometimes I am invited ... but not always. Sunday afternoons can be so lonely!

Statistically, there are more women in the church than men. That obviously means that more women are going to be single than men. Have you been in a church when a new man arrives? It is like bees to the honey pot!! I don't think that I know of one single Christian woman who is not desperate to be married. Now I know that not all Christian women want to be married (as is seen in this thread), but I am speaking of my own expereience here.

Lovinghim4ever, I just wanted to let you know that I can empathise with your situation TOTALLY!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I am single and get lonely once in a while. It is not that bad though, God has a good plan for all of His people.

Take comfort in the promise of Jesus - "I will never leave you nor forsake you" Heb. 13:5

Edited by zecha51

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I can relate to most of you, and I don't like being single.