• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

There's even a coloring book for the kids ! :noidea:

Yeah, sorry to rain on the parade here, but I think that the colouring book contains a higher level of intellectual endeavour than the rest of the museum. Only in America could 27 million dollars be spent on promoting ignorance. :cool:

Yeah, you promote it for free, eh?

:noidea::noidea:

If I had realized that this was a Bash the Creation Museum thread I would have abstained from responding.

I wasn't bashing it. Do you think I was?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's even a coloring book for the kids ! :noidea:
Yeah, sorry to rain on the parade here, but I think that the colouring book contains a higher level of intellectual endeavour than the rest of the museum. Only in America could 27 million dollars be spent on promoting ignorance. :noidea:
:noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

There's even a coloring book for the kids ! :24:

Yeah, sorry to rain on the parade here, but I think that the colouring book contains a higher level of intellectual endeavour than the rest of the museum. Only in America could 27 million dollars be spent on promoting ignorance. :24:

WOuld you like a coloring book? :P:wub:

Guest Biblicist
Tactful, davem, real tactful. There are better ways of getting a message across. :whistling:

Sometimes some plain facts just need to be said. The museum's title should be 'The Bible Museum' or similar, if it's to be honest. It may be many things, but it ain't science, indeed, it's anti-science. It contains silliness like domesticated dinosaurs - vegetarian T-Rex's! , and outright lies about science. In any other country, it would have been the butt of so many jokes that it would have been ridiculed out of funds before it was built.

If you don't read the magazines, or the website, if you have never listened to Ken Ham, how would you know it is anti-science? In fact, it is science. It's just science proving something you don't believe in. That doesn't make it less science. Just different. Ken Ham does actually have a degree in Applied Science and was a Science teacher for many years in Queensland.

It is not a museum about the Bible. The reason it's seems like that is because the Bible is the only accurate account of how things actually happened. Obviously, enough people believe in what the Museum stands for and what the Bible teaches to raise the funds to build it. Since the money didn't come out of the taxpayers pockets, vis-

• Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Has anyone seen the TV show Creation in the 21st Century? It is put on by the same people who operate the Creation Museum.

They have some pretty interesting topics. Yes they challenge things like evolution and old earth but that's not all. I especially liked the show on Genesis in the Chinese Language. It demonstrates that through a close examination of basic chinese writing symbols, they too understood the Genesis creation story. It's based on a book by the same title. You have to see the show or read the book to really appreciate this.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

That and science draws conclusions from observable phenomena (scientific method, anyone?). Given that dinosaurs and people weren't around at the same time (and that we can draw this conclusion from a veritable wealth of evidence), teaching that humans coexisted with and domesticated triceratops for fun is simply unscientific and makes Christians look like a bunch of ignorant nuts. It drives me crazy. Clearly the founders of the museum have a right to it, but given that (I'm pretty sure) most religious people don't believe in saddled dinos, it causes a lot of headaches when trying to talk to others about Creation, evolution, and faith.

Guest Biblicist

I suppose, if you don't believe that the Bible is true, you would consider everything said in reference to it lies as well. I certainly can't convince you of the validity of the Creation Museum or Ken Ham's work if I can't convince you that God's Word is the only thing that reflects the world as it actually is.

As a side, I believe that what most schools and "modern worldy science" teaches our children these days is the lie. That is bothersome to me. I guess it's OK though since the schools don't sell the lies, they offer them for free. Although, if you don't want to hear what Ken Ham says you don't have to listen. Children who attend the public schools have no choice but to listen to their teachers, take their tests and give the answers required. Even if the answers are lies. To be quite frank, if you want the truth you have to pay for it.

Answers in Creation ~ quote from their website

" Answers in Creation claims to hold a literal interpretation" of the first chapters of the Book of Genesis while at the same time fully accepting secular science techniques at dating the age of the universe and the scientific theory of evolution."
:thumbsup: OK and that would make them credible? Five literal days and millions of years are not compatable, no matter how you slice it.

Quote from their website.

"Did you know that you can be a conservative Christian, and believe that our world is billions of years old? You can even believe in evolution and be a Christian. There is no conflict between modern science and the Bible."
:emot-hug:

Naturally they would be against Ken Ham, he does not agree with their theorys. The answers are not in Creation, my friend, they are in the word of the Creator. The debate we should be having is the validity of God's Word, not whether or not Ken Ham is right. According to God's Word he is.

Hey, undone, are you going to post the Top Ten List For Posting Tactful and Tasteful Posts?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Please keep personal attacks away from Worthy. There's no sense in it, and it doesn't do a thing other than draw a response in kind. When that happens, threads lose focus, which leads to all of us losing focus.

Thread has been cleaned of it's last few posts in the attempt to bring the focus back to the OP's intent.

Please don't infect it with more personal attacks. If you must tear each other apart, at least do it through your personal email providers. :24::huh:

Thank you,

t.

• Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

Let me be the first Christian to bash the museum:

*bash bash bash*

Really though, I see it as a museum without the knowledge or as an amusement park without the fun. It embodies a fanciful vision of the way things could have been, but simply aren't. The fact is, the T-rex did not eat coconuts in the garden of Eden. Humans did not live alongside dinosaurs at any time, unless you consider birds to be dinosaurs (some biologists do.)