IGNORED

What's it all about?

Guest lovinghim4ever
I think sometimes, we may never know our purpose, because we look around us and see people doing things that are noticeable by everybody. But............the ears and the heart are also part of the body. Ears to listen to those that are hurting and need a shoulder, and the heart to give love and hope to others, hope about Jesus and about the problems of life. Because these things are usually done one on one, who knows them or sees them but the people we have helped? God knows, and I've decided thats enough for me!

:wub:

Wow! Hadn't thought of this. Thanks for posting.

Now that you make me think about it . . .

I do have ears that listen and a heart that gives love and hope to others.

All thanks to God of course. Thanks for reminding me that the little things of love

mean more than the big things of obligation.

:b::21::cool:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Lass,

Just got to put my thoughts down on this one. I am thinking that reaching past middle years into older middle years and more is such a challenge spiritually and emotionally. That is when we all begin to look back and see how our lives line up with our earlier dreams and desires and beliefs for our lives.

This is what I have learned. God was more interested in changing me than using me as I desired to be used. He took all the ills and trials and pains and griefs and disappointments and used them to show me who I am without him and who He is all the time towards me. And therefore I cannot judge my life. I know what I feel. The feelings of failure want to consume me at times. But I do not trust those feelings.

I have found that I turn to God, my heavenly Father, consistently and steadfastly during all trial and tribulation and during all seasons of joy and peace. That is basically all I know. I lean on HIM. His are the undergirding arms. He is my life, my peace, my all.

I have learned that He is an absolutely wonderful Father, loving me and helping me and keeping me through all my sorrow and disappointment, terrible trial and tribulation.

I have failed to such an extent that I go numb when I consider it all. BUT He has grown Big in my life.

And that is happening for you also. You are leaning on Him. You are seeking Him. You are being faithful to what you know to do and be.

I have learned that being a Christian is far different than what I thought it was years ago when full of ministry desires and taking care of a growing family. It is about who God is.

As far as prayers being answered. I think many have been answered but often not in the fullness that I desired. In fact hardly ever in the fullness I desired. I think that always God was more interested in me maturing and changing, changing, changing than in giving me what I so wanted .....even when what I wanted lined up with his word. It all can be so frustrating. Thus perseverance is born and generated as we continue on dealing and being dealt with by our God.

And as the Old Timers used to say, this place can be a veil of tears. But God is Good always. That we know. And often that has to be enough.

As far as your children are concerned, they are ADULTS. You simply are not responsible for their choices at the present time. And children have a way of perceiving parents different than what was truly presented. Lay it all down Lass. Lay it at the Saviours feet and let him give you peace. There is no need for you to carry the load when He is so willing. You did not do everything wrong. You made mistakes like the rest of us. But you loved and you cared and you provided. Your children are now having to find their own way. Loose them to God and ask God to change you and care for you so that you can grow and be who He wants you to be. Trust them to Him.

Blessings.......

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

Thank you Shepherd's Grace once again for your gentle wisdom! I am sure what you say will also be a help to the others on this Board who have felt a bit like what I have been feeling. :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

It is nice to use our skills and talents to provide a much needed service for your church, but at end of day that isn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I have been a Christian for many years. In my youth, as is usually the case, I had many dreams about serving God and finding my gifts and/or "ministry". I went on Operation Mobilisation and have also held various offices in church.

I gained a degree in languages from an English University.

Now I am approaching retirement and looking back on my life, there seems to be absolutely nothing to show for it and looking forward, nowhere to go. Because I put my family first, my languages degree was never used and I have never been in a job that fits my qualifications. Even putting my family first has not, it seems, yielded fruit as only 1 of my 3 children seems to honour and appreciate me. The other 2 seem to feel their upbringing was seriously lacking. None of them are serving the Lord.

I have been in a church for the last 5 years (having moved area) where those already doing something are the only ones who continue to do something! I have offered my services in eg. administration (in which I am trained) and not even had my offer acknowledged, never mind accepted. So I am now in the position, which as a young woman I vowed I never wanted to be - "a pew filler".

In the meantime family problems have been so intense that now I am not in a position to offer any help anywhere anyway. Even on these Boards I am really only a passive member.

I just feel that I am nearing the latter years of my life and have absolutely nothing to show for it, apart from surviving one long hard struggle. I say surviving, not being victorious. I don't know what "advice" I expect posting in here. Guess I just felt the need to unload.

Hi Northern Lass...You have brought up something I have been thinking about for a long time. Please excuse me if I'm wrong, but aren't you really saying "Why am I here?" I thought of this because of what you said "looking back on my life, there seems to be absolutely nothing to show for it ". That is a common feeling among all of us. I've thought that a person who was elected president, or discovered a miraculous cure or was a great general were the type of people who had something to show for their life. And then I realized, they really aren't any different than you or I and you know why? The greatest accomplishment is giving yourself to Christ. All other things in this life are unimportant. By giving yourself to Christ, God uses you also in His Way. YOu may not think you have accomplished much, but i would be willing to bet that in God's eyes you have accomplished a great deal and that accomplishment is more important than all the presidents, scientist, or generals put together. If those presidents, scientist or generals are Christian and their works are guided by Gods Will, then those accomplishments or no more important than yours or mine.

So chin up soldier...lets go out and live for God... :emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,848
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Recently I have been wondering about similar things.

Have I really achieved anything in life so far?

It is certainly a fact that several people I know have come to Christ as a result of my witnessing to them, including members of my family. But I also know that this has nothing to do with myself, and is only by His Grace, and His choosing to place me where He wanted me at the time, and to use me. Something for which I am (or at least, should be)...always grateful.

At the same time, I often feel that my life is quite empty, and I wonder what is my purpose in life, and if I am achieving that purpose in any way. I don't seem to be, of late.

I am also acutely aware of getting older, and often wonder if my life has been a waste of space, or if I will achieve anything of note in my remaining years....something for God.....or, rather, something that God will do through me....by His mercy, and through His grace.

This situation has not been helped by the recent, sudden death of my workmate. He was 41 years old (I am 43).

He fell down stairs at his home and broke his neck.

He was, in my opinion, the best worker in our company. He was a Team Leader, like myself, and would not ask anyone to do anything that he, himself, would not do. He was like a bulldog...he used to just 'wade in' and get things done...something for which I held him in great respect, though he was not a Christian. He left behind a 15 year old daughter. I really sometimes have trouble in 'getting over' his death, or coming to terms with it. It causes me to face my own mortality.

I think that, (as I see it)....approaching my twilight years, I hope that God will chose to do something good through me....something maybe tremendous, as a last 'outburst'.....like Samson or some other such person.

Life seems to be comprised of my many failures...yet also wonderful reasons for thankfulness, all at the same time. And I know that God has spoken promises into my life.....promises that have yet to be fulfilled....so I live in hope (thank God!)

So, as someone else said....we must just keep going on....chin up....though life is often difficult, as I well know.

God upholds us. We depend and rely upon Him. We have nothing else....and we need nothing else.

On your feet, soldier! :whistling:

Guest lovinghim4ever
Recently I have been wondering about similar things.

Have I really achieved anything in life so far?

It is certainly a fact that several people I know have come to Christ as a result of my witnessing to them, including members of my family. But I also know that this has nothing to do with myself, and is only by His Grace, and His choosing to place me where He wanted me at the time, and to use me. Something for which I am (or at least, should be)...always grateful.

At the same time, I often feel that my life is quite empty, and I wonder what is my purpose in life, and if I am achieving that purpose in any way. I don't seem to be, of late.

I am also acutely aware of getting older, and often wonder if my life has been a waste of space, or if I will achieve anything of note in my remaining years....something for God.....or, rather, something that God will do through me....by His mercy, and through His grace.

This situation has not been helped by the recent, sudden death of my workmate. He was 41 years old (I am 43).

He fell down stairs at his home and broke his neck.

He was, in my opinion, the best worker in our company. He was a Team Leader, like myself, and would not ask anyone to do anything that he, himself, would not do. He was like a bulldog...he used to just 'wade in' and get things done...something for which I held him in great respect, though he was not a Christian. He left behind a 15 year old daughter. I really sometimes have trouble in 'getting over' his death, or coming to terms with it. It causes me to face my own mortality.

I think that, (as I see it)....approaching my twilight years, I hope that God will chose to do something good through me....something maybe tremendous, as a last 'outburst'.....like Samson or some other such person.

Life seems to be comprised of my many failures...yet also wonderful reasons for thankfulness, all at the same time. And I know that God has spoken promises into my life.....promises that have yet to be fulfilled....so I live in hope (thank God!)

So, as someone else said....we must just keep going on....chin up....though life is often difficult, as I well know.

God upholds us. We depend and rely upon Him. We have nothing else....and we need nothing else.

On your feet, soldier! :whistling:

:whistling::laugh:

Thanks be to God Almighty; for His mercy endures forever.

:emot-hug::24::25:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

All of these answers have so encouraged me! Thank you my Worthy family! :th_praying:

Guest lovinghim4ever
All of these answers have so encouraged me! Thank you my Worthy family! :th_praying:

You are very welcome.

Just always remember that you ARE loved;

even in your loneliest moments;

especially in your loneliest moments.

:th_praying::th_praying::th_praying: