Giaour

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

the irony of the situation is that we are celebrating the birthday of a country that guarantees him the right to say that we shouldn't be celebrating the country that gives him the right to say it...

clear as mud, right?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

the irony of the situation is that we are celebrating the birthday of a country that guarantees him the right to say that we shouldn't be celebrating the country that gives him the right to say it...

clear as mud, right?

:wub: caught every nuance!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Why would you celebrate such a carnal thing?

America will perish along with the rest of the world.

It's fitting to celebrate the greatest nation in history and to ask God to continue to bless America. Since you're posting from an American IP, it's offensive to me that you don't respect your country. If you feel this way you should probably keep it to yourself since it's old, boring rhetoric that's been heard before. :wub:

I'm sorry but you need to re-check your IP locations, I'm either hooked up in Montreal, Ottawa, Windsor or Essex, all in Ontario.

I'm Canadian, and I feel the same way about Canada day.

I feel it's all based around capitalism, maybe a history lesson on how the country was formed instead of celebrating.

I would say that some of the disasters that have befallen the Americans in recent years are none of America's fault?

Same with any of the nations.

I really don't have time to debate whether it is wrong or right to celebrate it. It just seems a rather carnal thing to celebrate that's all I said.

All things will perish and will be forgotten in the end, why not try to strive to remember that which is to come, not what once was and will always be forgotten?

• Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

It's fitting to celebrate the greatest nation in history and to ask God to continue to bless America. Since you're posting from an American IP, it's offensive to me that you don't respect your country. If you feel this way you should probably keep it to yourself since it's old, boring rhetoric that's been heard before. :huh:

I'm sorry but you need to re-check your IP locations, I'm either hooked up in Montreal, Ottawa, Windsor or Essex, all in Ontario.

I feel it's all based around capitalism, maybe a history lesson on how the country was formed instead of celebrating.

I would say that some of the disasters that have befallen the Americans in recent years are none of America's fault?

I really don't have time to debate whether it is wrong or right to celebrate it. It just seems a rather carnal thing to celebrate that's all I said.

All things will perish and will be forgotten in the end, why not try to strive to remember that which is to come, not what once was and will always be forgotten?

are you defying prophecy by saying all things will perish? I 'll take my chances on Jesus' word...thanks anyway..

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

It's fitting to celebrate the greatest nation in history and to ask God to continue to bless America. Since you're posting from an American IP, it's offensive to me that you don't respect your country. If you feel this way you should probably keep it to yourself since it's old, boring rhetoric that's been heard before. :laugh:

Yours is an American IP, my friend, regardless of how much you backpedal. But, as another poster pointed out, the great thing about the USofA is the guarantee of your freedom to post whatever you wish even if no one agrees with you. :huh:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/30/1989

To say that us celebrating our country is a 'carnal' thing and then not expect us to be offended is pretty ignorant. I am proud that I have the freedom to worship my God, wheras millions of other Christians do not have that right in their country, and they put their lives on the line for it everyday.

Guest Biblicist

John Quincy Adams

"Why is it that, next to the birthday of the Saviour of the world, your most joyous and most venerated festival returns on this day [The Fourth of July]?" "Is it not, in the chain of human events, the birthday of the nation is indissolubly linked with the brithday of the Saviour? That it forms a leading event in the progress of the Gospel dispensation? Is it not that the Delaration of Inedependence first organized the social cpmpact on the foundation of the Redeemers mission upon earth? That it laid the cornerstone of human government upon the forst precepte of Christianity?"

1837, at the age of 69, when he delivered a Fourth of July speech at Newburyport, Massachusetts.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/30/1989

AMEN to that!