• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I have heard it said that the man with an argument is at the Mercy of the man with an experience.

I don't know what this man experienced. I'd have to hear him myself. However I would not negate it out of hand without first hand experience. The Spiritual realm is often far past our limited understanding. However our Faith is a Testament to the fact that it does indeed exist. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Is G-d's plain, revealed truth not enough?

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Hell is real and I believe God wants all to know it without a doubt. Even if someone is allowed to experience it so that they share with many who dont believe.

So in other words, G-d's revealed Word isn't enough. That is what you are saying?

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

We had a discussion on the Boards last year about a similar incident, only in that case it was a guy who spent a few minutes in heaven. I didn't buy that and I don't buy this. I'm not saying this man didn't experience something, but everything we need to know about hell or heaven, for that matter, is spelled out for us in the Word. Hell doesn't have a revolving door or a guest pass. Is G-d's plain, revealed truth not enough?

http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?show...c=56720&hl=

How do you do that?? :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

:thumbsup: Marnie,

I remembered it was the book that I had read. So I searched in topics I had posted and BOOM! Found it.

No biggie.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

So in other words, G-d's revealed Word isn't enough. That is what you are saying?

Jesus is the Word revealed, but many didn't and still don't believe Him. Why would Satan use a person to proclaim just how real hell is and that we should turn to Christ?

If anything, he would want the truth to be kept hidden. If Satan isn't using this guy then Jesus is, whether we grasp it or not. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus is the Word revealed, but many didn't and still don't believe Him. Why would Satan use a person to proclaim just how real hell is and that we should turn to Christ?

If anything, he would want the truth to be kept hidden. If Satan isn't using this guy then Jesus is, whether we grasp it or not. :thumbsup:

Or he simply had a psychotic episode. Which of course is the most likely scenario.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Or he simply had a psychotic episode. Which of course is the most likely scenario.

Is that the answer for those in the Bible who were given revelation?

God is the same today as yesterday, but the possibility is there that this guy is psychotic and nothing he saw was for real. Personally he didn't seem psychotic to me but I guess Satan would love for us to think that about someone speaking about hell.

Edited by 7thseal

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 3:16

he's pointing others to Jesus Christ
:noidea:

:)

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them
Matthew 7:20

:24:

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
1 Corinthians 12:3

Be Blessed Beloved of The King

Praise ye the LORD. Praise, O ye servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD.

Psalms 113:1

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  1

If anything, he would want the truth to be kept hidden. If Satan isn't using this guy then Jesus is, whether we grasp it or not. :emot-hug:

Is that the answer for those in the Bible who were given revelation?

God is the same today as yesterday, but the possibility is there that this guy is psychotic and nothing he saw was for real. Personally he didn't seem psychotic to me but I guess Satan would love for us to think that about someone speaking about hell.

The Bible is the divinely inspired word of God. Do you really want to compare his book to the Bible? Just because you had a psychotic episode does not mean that you will continue to have them. The hallucination of being tormented by demons and even being sent to hell for a short time is not an uncommon hallucination among individuals suffering from acute schizophrenia. Hell is more horrible than anything the human mind can possibly comprehend, thus one can't just up and write a book about an existence that which is absolutely impossible for the human mind to comprehend.

Think about it this way, there are experiences people have here in the natural world that leave even the strongest individuals in a state of complete mental breakdown. Hell would be inconceivably worse than anything no matter how horrible we could experience here on earth. If someone were to even experience such a torment even for a second, they would be in no condition ever to be able to recant their experience or much less write a book about it.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You can have no prior history of mental illness, have a couple of psychotic episodes, and go the rest of your life without having another one. That is very symptomatic of acute schizophrenia.

Moreover, hallucinations often deal with the individuals religious beliefs, and they can be so surreal that one cannot fully comprehend or express their experiences later.

Forrest, when Daniel and the Apostle John and others in the Scriptures had their visions, do you believe those were hallucinations, or made up stories?