• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

JoB had a fear issue and THAT was why satan could attack him.. Job said, "That thing I fear has come upon me". FEAR

:emot-fail:

This is a lie right out of the Kenneth Hagin and Ken Copeland handbook!!!!!!!!!!!

Job 1:6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?"

Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."

8 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

9 "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. 10 "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face."

12 The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger."

Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.

Job 2:3 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason."

Your making the same mistake that Jobs friends made. If the devil had a "legal right" to attack Job, he would have said it................and the big one that kills WOF doctrine is God said without reason.

Hows that working for you???

:):):)

Job got sifted just like Peter. Right after the discilples had their argument over "who was gonna be the greatest". The devil had a door, it was spiritual pride..

None of that on this board!! :emot-handshake:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Biblicist

If you are under the Blood of Jesus you and yours are free from any curses!!!!!

Gal 3: 13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

So is this verse saying that everyone is curses, until they are redeemed by the blood of Jesus? :)

Do you mean to say cursed? not curses?

Yes cursed. :) Curses! Foiled by my stupid spelling. . .

1 Corinthians 16:21-23 (New International Version)

21 I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand.

22 If anyone does not love the Lord

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

As far as Christians being tormented by demons...What I can tell you is that for several years my sister (a born again, tongue speaking believer) felt she was tormented (raped) by a demon every night. She couldn't sleep. She would drive around all night to avoid the experience. Awful. She tried everything at her "spirit filled" church. Nothing ever worked. I tried to research different ideas for her and one thing that came up was whether or not she had been involved in the occult. She had! This apparently opened the door to this torment. She has since dealt with this and is living peacefully.

I'm not a big believer in these things in the modern day church. But she is a living testament to it's reality.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Can someone tell if their prayer to someone else is not reaching them?

I've known this lady for a short time who came up to me today and asked me have someone has spoken a curse over our family because whenever she prays for us she senses a spiritual force stopping it being answered.

We have been through lots a trials but others have too.

:)

Shalom Natt,

This woman is off the deep end and she doesn't know (or believe) her Bible. I'd ask her not to pray for your family. Who knows WHAT she's praying!! :)

If you belong to Jesus, there is no curse over you, for Jesus has broken ALL curses when you gave your life to Him. Do not allow anyone to lay that curse bondage lie on you! You and Jesus are fine :emot-handshake: this lady is a little twisted in her theology.

deliverance ministries, curses...........................don't let any one take away your joy and peace with that lie. There is a difference between being sifted & tested and possessed & cursed. One is allowed by God, the other is a lie taught by men. If you are in Christ, he will answer any prayer...........the Holy and un-holy can't reside in the same person. Christ is the ONLY mediator we need.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Job 4:1 Then Eliphaz the Temanite answered and said,

Job 4:5 But now it is come upon thee, and thou faintest; it toucheth thee, and thou art troubled.

Job 42:7-8 And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath. Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job.

Job 33:14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, [yet man] perceiveth it not. JOB obviously didn't head the warning...

It seems that the Lord allowed this to happpen not because it was His divine plan but permissive will to keep Job from going down to the pit!!

Elihu spoke the truth to Job.. He was the FOURTH man. If you read correctly the Lord was angry at the THREE friends but showed up AFTER the fourth one spoke up TRUTH for GOD..

You really might want to read it..

Blessings, Karen :emot-fail:

I noticed that too, and thought that Elihu spoke rightly, but the more as I read, I see this young mans arrogance.

This is just a display

Job 32:18 For I am full of matter, the spirit within me constraineth me.

Job 32:19 Behold, my belly is as wine which hath no vent; it is ready to burst like new bottles.

Job 32:20 I will speak, that I may be refreshed: I will open my lips and answer.

Now according to what YOU SAY, Job was going down into the pit. Yet God says of his own servant.

Job 1:8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Hmmm..seems like you got more to say about Job than God did. Once again your opinion is as that of his three friends. Plain and simple. Elihu was arrogant, and was not even mentioned until he chose to speak because HIS wrath was kindled. Notice that God said Job spoke things rightly concerning Him (42:7), I see no mention if Elihu. Why is that if he spoke the "truth".

It was His permissive will. Job seemed to have everything he needed but God wanted to give him more. But how could Job be open to recieve more when we was content with what he had. Therefore God broke him, and increased him.

Job didn't have the fear that, for most of us, opens the door for satan to abuse us. Satan DOES recieve permission when we fear him. We give it to him ourselves. Job feared God, though. The "fear" he had for his children was more a worry. He had one of the finest examples of faith in God and fear of God in the whole Bible.

Peter, on the other hand, was still a little shakey and in need of that "sifting" to strengthen his faith.

If anyone has doubts about the awesomeness and power of God or just wants a reminder of why, exactly, it is you need to fear Him, they need only to read the book of Job. Some of my favorite passages are Elihu's. I could read them over and over(and i do). He got it right and he cleared the entrance for God to speak to Job face to face. I believe God was speaking through him which is why he sounded as if he'd explode in the beginning of his message. :emot-handshake:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Can someone tell if their prayer to someone else is not reaching them?

I've known this lady for a short time who came up to me today and asked me have someone has spoken a curse over our family because whenever she prays for us she senses a spiritual force stopping it being answered.

We have been through lots a trials but others have too.

:)

Shalom Natt,

This woman is off the deep end and she doesn't know (or believe) her Bible. I'd ask her not to pray for your family. Who knows WHAT she's praying!! :)

If you belong to Jesus, there is no curse over you, for Jesus has broken ALL curses when you gave your life to Him. Do not allow anyone to lay that curse bondage lie on you! You and Jesus are fine :emot-handshake: this lady is a little twisted in her theology.

deliverance ministries, curses...........................don't let any one take away your joy and peace with that lie. There is a difference between being sifted & tested and possessed & cursed. One is allowed by God, the other is a lie taught by men. If you are in Christ, he will answer any prayer...........the Holy and un-holy can't reside in the same person. Christ is the ONLY mediator we need.

Scarlet,

I am like you, but I can't explain what happened to my sister in the previous post any other way. Maybe what she experienced wasn't a curse perse. And I don't think she was out of her mind. If you research it, you will find alot of testamonies out there of Christian people being tormented and delivered. I can't simply write them all off simply because I haven't experienced it myself first hand. But yes, Jesus is the answer.

In my research for my sister, I saw where someone had said, "You alway hear it said that Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. But what you need to realize is that it's the truth YOU KNOW that sets you free." Apparently, my sister didn't know, at the time, that her involvement with the occult in her previous years had opened the door to torment. It wasn't until she was able to dispel it with the truth that she was truly free. And as scripture says, "Whom Jesus frees is free indeed."

There is a difference between forgiveness from sin, and freedom from curses. This was displayed when David sinned with Bathsheba and killed her husband. God forgave David but he was under a curse. This was seen carried out with the sins of his sons and grandsons.

I know, I know, Jesus paid it all and I truly believe that. But if you don't realize, accept, and live in the fullness of what that means, then you stand the chance of being decieved. (I'm not necessarily speaking to you personally).

I wouldn't even be writing this if I hadn't seen it happen to my sister.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

JoB had a fear issue and THAT was why satan could attack him.. Job said, "That thing I fear has come upon me". FEAR

:thumbsup:

This is a lie right out of the Kenneth Hagin and Ken Copeland handbook!!!!!!!!!!!

Job 1:6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?"

Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."

8 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

9 "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. 10 "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face."

12 The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger."

Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.

Job 2:3 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason."

Your making the same mistake that Jobs friends made. If the devil had a "legal right" to attack Job, he would have said it................and the big one that kills WOF doctrine is God said without reason.

Do the research. Job did not have an issue of fear. The word "fear in that verse 1:9 and several others in the book of Job is speaking of fear as in awe,reverence,wonder and honor. It has nothing to do with being afraid.

If anyone has doubts about the awesomeness and power of God or just wants a reminder of why, exactly, it is you need to fear Him, they need only to read the book of Job. Some of my favorite passages are Elihu's. I could read them over and over(and i do). He got it right and he cleared the entrance for God to speak to Job face to face. I believe God was speaking through him which is why he sounded as if he'd explode in the beginning of his message. :thumbsup:

We must ask ourselves why did not God acknowledge Elihu IF he got it right? I use to think the same thing, and even when I read it I still wonder, but I have to see that God does not even acknowledge this dude. Why is that? I doubt seriously that Elihu cleared anything for God, I would say that God had to restructure the line of thought for each one. How much more could Job have taken. First to be blasted by his three friends then this young "stranger" is speaking his mind too. If God had not spoken (IMHO) Job would have snapped.

It's not as if God needed anything cleared for Him. True. But, I agree, Job couldn't take any more verbal abuse from the three God DID mention. Elihu was young and easily impressionable. Had God lifted him up in praise, it may have given his already large ego an even bigger boost. Just a hunch. God hates pride.

If anyone has doubts about the awesomeness and power of God or just wants a reminder of why, exactly, it is you need to fear Him, they need only to read the book of Job. Some of my favorite passages are Elihu's. I could read them over and over(and i do). He got it right and he cleared the entrance for God to speak to Job face to face. I believe God was speaking through him which is why he sounded as if he'd explode in the beginning of his message. :noidea:

We must ask ourselves why did not God acknowledge Elihu IF he got it right? I use to think the same thing, and even when I read it I still wonder, but I have to see that God does not even acknowledge this dude. Why is that? I doubt seriously that Elihu cleared anything for God, I would say that God had to restructure the line of thought for each one. How much more could Job have taken. First to be blasted by his three friends then this young "stranger" is speaking his mind too. If God had not spoken (IMHO) Job would have snapped.

Elihu was young and easily impressionable. Had God lifted him up in praise, it may have given his already large ego an even bigger boost. Just a hunch. God hates pride.

But since Job was old and had just been thru hell, God could say..."for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath." (42:7) Then God had Job offer the sacrifices, (he was the priest interceding) on behalf of his friends. Not to be offensive in any way, but I doubt your reason was God's reason for not saying anything concerning Elihu. I find it odd not that God had to big him up, but Elihu was not mentioned untill his outburst then he disappears again. I wonder what lessons we can actually learn from this young dude. For me not to be acknowledged by men...ok. But when God does not even acknowledge me...Hmmm.

I'm not in the least offended, believe me. I love finding truths in the Bible and it gives me great joy when I discover them.

If your logic seems to me more accurate, I gladly accept it. As far as being "ignored by God", I turn to the NT:

Matthew 11:11

11)I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

:noidea: