• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/30/1989

I'm not sure how many users here have ever seen a demonic deliverance during a church service, or somewhere else, but I would love to know. I never knew the true power of God until i saw something i thought was so powerful and terrifying, be silenced and dumbfounded by the single name of Jesus.

My dad is a Pastor, and back when our church was starting up we had many revival meetings during the week because we were in a very bad neighborhood and the power of the Lord in our services attracted many people. We would see people healed from everything you can think of, and many people were saved every night. But of course, wherever the Lord is working, the enemy will try to stop Him.

We had many demon possesed people come in and try to disrupt the Holy Spirit in the middle of the services. I was about 8 I think, when one man stood up and started swearing and walking down the isle towards my dad. I was afraid he was going to hurt him! Three of our ushers rushed up to restrain the man but he threw them off without a problem (he was a small asian man, if i remember). I've never been so afraid in my life. :rolleyes: But my dad pointed to him and said 'Be silent in the name of Jesus' and continued to speak in tongues. The man fell to the floor screaming and swearing. The men got on each arm and leg while my dad rebuked the spirit. I remember him saying 'Peter I know and Paul I know, but who are you?!' My dad responded something like 'I dont care if you dont know who I am because I dont come to you in my name, I come to you in the name of Jesus Christ, and I command you come out of this man!' Then the man threw up all over himself and the demon left him. I'll never forget the awesome power i saw displayed that night of the name of Jesus Christ! Satan has absolutely no power over us when we have Him inside of us. Does anyone else have a similar-type experience they could share about? I'd love to hear!

~Aaron

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,285
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

nice post :rolleyes:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Now that would have been something to see.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Hi I'm Luke and I've not been possessed for over 4 years now. (sorry.. couldn't help but answer in a group therapy type of way!)

Joking aside, I was the one possessed so I got to experience a deliverance first hand. I don't actually remember or even know what was going on to me physically except that I was out on the floor for about half an hour or so (a friend of mine was waiting nearby as a couple prayed over me and told me how long it took)

What I did see though, was far more interesting but only felt like it lasted a couple of minutes!

I was kneeling down, bent double on the ground with my face pretty much in the mud (I was in a tent in a field at a Christian festival at the time); and as I knelt there listening to the people pray over me, interchanging from English to tongues over and over, I had my eyes closed and my eyelids started to flicker rapidly, as this was happening I felt someone put their hand in front of my eyes and kind of wave it about (try it with your eyes closed, the light changes so you can tell something is there) so I looked up thinking the prayers had stopped and were trying to get me up.. but they were both deep in prayer with all their hands above my head! So I closed my eyes once more and again I felt the hand in front of me, but this time when I opened my eyes I wasn't in the tent anymore! I don't know where I was actually.. it was completely black around me, there was a faceless crowd in the distance in front of me but when I looked around to see where this hand was coming from I saw Jesus knelt down beside me!!! As soon as I saw Him, I saw the face of the demon in me screaming in absolute terror - I have never again up to this point in my life seen so much fear and terror in someones face! After that, it then ran away at quite some speed on it's hands and knees, in the opposite direction to Jesus and I just watched it go. I turned to look at Jesus again and I'm sure He was smiling.

Then as suddenly as it happened, everything went and I was back in the physical world. The people had stopped praying and were asking if I was OK (still not sure why they would ask that unless I was physically screaming out loud too?) but I was so filled with an overwhelming feeling of joy and happiness and awe that I couldn't even move, let alone speak! I tried to sit up and just fell backwards in laughter! I was helped to my feet and I just danced away back to where I was staying!

There's more to it all, but that's the main part of the actual main delieverance part. There's a link in my sig for the full story if you want to read it.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi I'm Luke and I've not been possessed for over 4 years now. (sorry.. couldn't help but answer in a group therapy type of way!)

Joking aside, I was the one possessed so I got to experience a deliverance first hand. I don't actually remember or even know what was going on to me physically except that I was out on the floor for about half an hour or so (a friend of mine was waiting nearby as a couple prayed over me and told me how long it took)

What I did see though, was far more interesting but only felt like it lasted a couple of minutes!

I was kneeling down, bent double on the ground with my face pretty much in the mud (I was in a tent in a field at a Christian festival at the time); and as I knelt there listening to the people pray over me, interchanging from English to tongues over and over, I had my eyes closed and my eyelids started to flicker rapidly, as this was happening I felt someone put their hand in front of my eyes and kind of wave it about (try it with your eyes closed, the light changes so you can tell something is there) so I looked up thinking the prayers had stopped and were trying to get me up.. but they were both deep in prayer with all their hands above my head! So I closed my eyes once more and again I felt the hand in front of me, but this time when I opened my eyes I wasn't in the tent anymore! I don't know where I was actually.. it was completely black around me, there was a faceless crowd in the distance in front of me but when I looked around to see where this hand was coming from I saw Jesus knelt down beside me!!! As soon as I saw Him, I saw the face of the demon in me screaming in absolute terror - I have never again up to this point in my life seen so much fear and terror in someones face! After that, it then ran away at quite some speed on it's hands and knees, in the opposite direction to Jesus and I just watched it go. I turned to look at Jesus again and I'm sure He was smiling.

Then as suddenly as it happened, everything went and I was back in the physical world. The people had stopped praying and were asking if I was OK (still not sure why they would ask that unless I was physically screaming out loud too?) but I was so filled with an overwhelming feeling of joy and happiness and awe that I couldn't even move, let alone speak! I tried to sit up and just fell backwards in laughter! I was helped to my feet and I just danced away back to where I was staying!

There's more to it all, but that's the main part of the actual main delieverance part. There's a link in my sig for the full story if you want to read it.

:noidea:

oh my...must have been a strange/terrifying experience...but at least you're free now!

WOW LUKE! Thank you for sharing that amazing testimony! I can't even imagine what that must have been like! Although I know it obviously wasn't a good thing that you were once possessed, it's amazing how God turns something so bad into glory for Himself. That is just amazing and it speaks wonders about how powerful and mighty, but at the same time gentle and loving our God is. Thank you Ethster and Luke!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes there were many scarey times! Death threats made by demons on my life and self halm caused by them.. but I am free now and I have my trust in the Lord! The demonic can't scare me anymore, when God leads me to someone or someplace that is oppressed I know I can stand strong in the authority of Jesus!

It's all good :noidea:

:blink: your absolutely right you can! And because of the fact that Jesus has delivered you from the demonic has truley helped you to see how pathetically weak and powerless they are over you when you have Jesus. Praise the Lord. I can't imagine ever having a scary nightmare again after being delivered from a demon by Jesus Christ Himself!

:emot-handshake: your absolutely right you can! And because of the fact that Jesus has delivered you from the demonic has truley helped you to see how pathetically weak and powerless they are over you when you have Jesus. Praise the Lord. I can't imagine ever having a scary nightmare again after being delivered from a demon by Jesus Christ Himself!

I'll tell you the truth, I've never had a nightmare since, except for the weeks/months following the deliverance when the demonic were still fighting for me. But since then - never again! :taped:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Yes there were many scarey times! Death threats made by demons on my life and self halm caused by them.. but I am free now and I have my trust in the Lord! The demonic can't scare me anymore, when God leads me to someone or someplace that is oppressed I know I can stand strong in the authority of Jesus!

It's all good :b:

I believe you're right, Luke. The demonic forces have no power over those who are saved. Thanks for posting your story and I'm glad you found your way to the Lord. :rolleyes: