angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Can we discuss something lighter and something that does interest people who will visit this board, when I became a new Christian I was very interested in what angels do in my life, thank the Lord for His angels who work in our behalf.

Do you think angels are really watching us and can they really see us?

Do they play part in the endtimes?

Are angels still revealing truth today?

Can they communicate with men?

Is the atmosphere really populated with spirits? (which kind?)

Angels do minster to us an give us awareness of those ministering spirits sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation Hebr 1:1-4

maybe we learn more about their creation ,their character their classification.

Are we aware of them?

Angels :cool:

:a: :a: :a: :a: :a2: :a2: :a2: :a2:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Angel, I believe I know some angels when they're in "human form" (i.e. 'angels unaware') and doing their work here on earth. They look like common people and you'd never know they were angels but something in my spirit discerns their presense and I don't know why I can tell.

I sense them. There's eye to eye contact and they know that I know but we don't say anything. It's unspoken communication. No words...just a quietness in the spirit ...and I sense who they are when I see them.

Sometimes they just make direct contact, eye to eye and we smile at each other and just "know"...but I don't say anything.

They have to remain covert. That's their purpose. To do whatever they're supposed to be doing in people's lives but unlike television, they don't come out and identify themselves. They don't say, "I'm an angel"...but somehow, I sense them.

It's like I can just "feel" something is different about them..there's a sense of holiness and I can't explain it any better than that.

I'm sure someone will think I'm flaky by saying that but who cares. I'm beyond caring anymore. I've always had a strange sense about our counterparts, the angels. To me, they're family. They help us in accordance to the will of the Lord.

I pray for them, too. I pray for their safety and well being. I can't say why I do ....I concern myself with them as I would another brother or sister, so I pray for them to the Lord. I ask Him to keep them safe and protected against Satan and his minions.

I'm not sure if that's necessary but I do it anyway.

I feel a strong bond with our Lord and Savior and the holy angels.

I don't fear the them; I do feel a strong sense of closeness and relationship with them, as if we're working together for a common cause and purpose. I feel a sense of unity and harmony ....like we're on the same team working for the same objectives.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

There was a time that I strongly felt that I was in the company of angels. They appeared in the form of a father, mother and young son. I don't know why I thought that they were angels, it was just a very strong feeling that I couldn't explain (and that eye contact thing Cats spoke of ).

My husband used to work on a garbage truck. Once when he was inside(the truck) rearranging the trash (or something like that), the other guy accidently "dropped the blade". My husband swears that an angel was there and told him to jump up (into an area where he wouldn't be crushed). This happened a split second before the guy pulled the lever.

If we do see angels, one thing that is strange to me is that most of the time when an angel appeared to someone in the bible, They were told not to fear, (insinuating that they were fearsome looking). In most accounts of angel encounters today, they appear as humans.

I would like to learn more about angels, also.

Thanks for the thread.

Good point. I think it's because when they appeared then, it was because they were seen in their "glory" or "glorified" condition.

On the other hand, after the resurrection of our Lord, the two "men" or "gardners" (who were actually angels) appeared at the tomb.

They said, "Why do you look for the living among the dead?"

Hm. Seems that the angels come in glory and "non" glory. The "glorified" angel is an awesome sight, naturally.

The "non" glorified angel is the one Paul speaks of when he says we may be entertaining angels unaware. They're on a covert mission and "undercover" in a sense.

So, they appear in both forms apparently.

Thanks for your interest: I'm getting exited to hear all those wonderful stories and give praise to God for it.

We know from scripture that angels are created beings and that they not existed from all eternity.

But we do know they were made by God we don't know for sure when they came in existence.

We can be confident that it took place before Adam and Eve were created. They do have limitations,they are not omnipresent or omnipotent .

Angels must never be worshipped . Only God is worthy to be worshipped.

About their character,

There are ministering spirits they don't have physical bodies,therefore they are called "spirits"

Some people think that their bodies consist of an atomic structure distinct from earthly objects.

As spirit beings they are invisible exept when might take on a visible and tangible form.

At some times they even ate food but they can return to their normal state after manifestation.

The angels had a free will from the beginning, like men they were endowed with the ability to choose between good and evil.-the angels who choose to to right were confirmed in their righteouness,they will never be subjected to temptation of sinning. But those who choose to do evil were confirmed in their wickedness and are now detined to everlasting destruction.

Bot are confirmed in their condition. The wicked angels will never become good and the good angels will never become wicked.

;)

Question to think about are there different classes of angels?

Who is the chief angel or also called archangel?( Daniel 10:13

Who could be messager who announced Jesus birth ?(Luke 1:26

They were also angels to guard the garden of Eden after God banished Adam and Eve from the garden.( Gen 3:24

Then there are also angels called seraphim (Is 6 :3

We Christians are a favored class of people ,for angels minister on our behalf!! ;)

I believe the chief angel was Michael but Gabriel announced the birth of Jesus, I think.

The cheribim guard the throne of God, don't they? I'm going on memory now.

Guest Teh Wiccan

A topic about Angels... Someone was talking about me? :t2: Just Kidding...

I'm back everybody! Now I just gotta find some stuff to post in...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I recently heard someone saying she had been given a healing angel that sits on her shoulder. She says that it shows up in pictures (like a light on her shoulder). This sounds very strange to me, but I haven't ever studied angels.

Does this sound biblical?

Sounds a little weird to me. I'm not likely to "buy it" but whatever floats her boat, I guess.

Some people have this New Agey idea of angelic beings...some think they're cute, cuddly, (like Teddy Bears), little, funny, friendly, feminine, etc.

I believe angels can appear as anything..male or female, young or old because their purpose is to minister to the needs of humanity according to the will of the Father.

Hence, He can send them to appear in any form. Their genuine "form" would probably be a spirit body but perhaps without a gender? I don't know...I'm not teaching some doctrine..just speculating what might be.

I don't know if they are genderless or not...except that angels aren't given in marriage, according to Jesus.

Neither are we, once we die and go to glory. We become like the angels.

Now I like that idea because being female has some handicaps I don't care for....but in glorified bodies we won't have certain "female" issues we deal with on earth...(yay) and pain will be a thing of the past, (yay, again).