• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/04/1980

The God Who Wasn't There is an independent documentary written and directed by Brian Flemming which questions the existence of Jesus and examines evidence that supports the theory that the historical Jesus did not exist. Portrayed as a "guide through the bizarre world of Christianity", The God Who Wasn't There has generated significant controversy. According to the film's official website, the aim of the documentary is to hold "modern Christianity up to a merciless spotlight."

Quote from its website

In this provocative, critically acclaimed documentary, you will discover:

The early founders of Christianity seem wholly unaware of the idea of a human Jesus

The Jesus of the Gospels bears a striking resemblance to other ancient heroes and the figureheads of pagan savior cults

Contemporary Christians are largely ignorant of the origins of their religion

Fundamentalism is as strong today as it ever has been, with an alarming 44% of Americans believing Jesus will return to earth in their lifetimes

And God simply isn't there

I need effective study against that toxic movie and also I need anti-atheism studies specially that defend our faith against thoughts like "Jesus is a Myth", "Jesus didn't historically exist"....

Pray for me.

Edited by Ovedya

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

The God Who Wasn't There is an independent documentary written and directed by Brian Flemming which questions the existence of Jesus and examines evidence that supports the theory that the historical Jesus did not exist. Portrayed as a "guide through the bizarre world of Christianity", The God Who Wasn't There has generated significant controversy. According to the film's official website, the aim of the documentary is to hold "modern Christianity up to a merciless spotlight."

Quote from its website

The early founders of Christianity seem wholly unaware of the idea of a human Jesus

The Jesus of the Gospels bears a striking resemblance to other ancient heroes and the figureheads of pagan savior cults

Fundamentalism is as strong today as it ever has been, with an alarming 44% of Americans believing Jesus will return to earth in their lifetimes

I need effective study against that toxic movie and also I need anti-atheism studies specially that defend our faith against thoughts like "Jesus is a Myth", "Jesus didn't historically exist"....

Pray for me.

Lee Strobel has a new book called, I think, "The Case for the Historical Jesus" or something... anyway, that's what it's about. It's only some recent historians (with an agenda to sell) that suggest there is no historical Jesus. Earlier historians, including those who lived within the time, or near the time, have pretty much agreed about the Jesus of history. Like most lions, Satan attacks the weak first. In this case, he's going after the extremely gullible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

ALL these objections--and the "documentary" itself--have been THOROUGHLY debunked. This is all very very old nonsense, that the devil's minions trot out periodically, but which has been answered by genuine scholars for ages on end.

A good starting place is to pick up Josh McDowell's classic: EVIDENCE THAT DEMANDS A VERDICT.

I can give you stats, facts, historical data, etc, until the cows come home, and I have done so MANY TIMES, right here in this forum. Forgive me for not repeating myself just now, as it is Sunday, and I'm getting ready for Mass.

I'll come back later and respond more thoroughly if others have not yet taken up the task, as some here can so admirably do.

ALL these objections--and the "documentary" itself--have been THOROUGHLY debunked. This is all very very old nonsense, that the devil's minions trot out periodically, but which has been answered by genuine scholars for ages on end.

A good starting place is to pick up Josh McDowell's classic: EVIDENCE THAT DEMANDS A VERDICT.

I can give you stats, facts, historical data, etc, until the cows come home, and I have done so MANY TIMES, right here in this forum. Forgive me for not repeating myself just now, as it is Sunday, and I'm getting ready for Mass.

I'll come back later and respond more thoroughly if others have not yet taken up the task, as some here can so admirably do.

Thank you dear for reference to that great book, anf I'm waiting for your apology and contributions of other members are welcomed...

Anyone has an apologetic study??

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

:whistling:

Agree here. You don't need to do much study at all to "defeat that toxic movie". The only reason the movie exists is to generate income from people who want to hear

what they want to hear. There's a market for it, so even though it's total trash, you can't really "defeat" something that people WANT to hear even its a complete

lie.

This is just a case of people heaping up teachers for themselves to tickle their itching ears, or turning aside to myths and fables...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1951

Quote from its website

Pray for me.

MY SUGGESTION IS NOT TO READ BOOKS OR SEE FILMS LIKE THIS UNTILL YOU GET GROUNDED IN GODS WORD.WE LIVE BY FAITH AND IT IS THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT ENABELS US TO LIVE BY FAITH IN GODS WORD.

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

I've never seen this myself but a friend who isn't a Christian told me about it and seemed very impressed by it. :emot-sleepyhead:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

This could be said of Mel Gibson's "Passion of the Christ" as well.

No, it really can't be said of the "Passion" because Jesus and the Crucifixtion are real. Making a movie that denies this is just stupid. :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

]

No, it really can't be said of the "Passion" because Jesus and the Crucifixtion are real. Making a movie that denies this is just stupid. :24:

Whatever.

It's 2007; who still says 'Whatever'???? :huh: