• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Yes, the same Holy Spirit fell on the Hebrew people. Hannah is an interesting thought. The way things are worded differently in the O.T. it could be very well that she was exercising a gift of the H.S.

The gifts of the Spirit were given to the Body in Christ's resurrection. The difference between the OT prophets and the New Testament saints is that the Spirit did not indwell the prophets. We can only have access to the indwelling Spirit by virtue of Christ's death and resurrection.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Yes, the same Holy Spirit fell on the Hebrew people. Hannah is an interesting thought. The way things are worded differently in the O.T. it could be very well that she was exercising a gift of the H.S.

The gifts of the Spirit were given to the Body in Christ's resurrection. The difference between the OT prophets and the New Testament saints is that the Spirit did not indwell the prophets. We can only have access to the indwelling Spirit by virtue of Christ's death and resurrection.

:emot-hug:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

I agree. The Holy Spirit baptism we experience is like being dunked and permeated in the Holy Spirit. And it is availble to all believers to experience unlike only a select few of the O.T. :emot-hug:

There are really several areas that need balancing with the idea that 1 Tim. 2:12 is to be interpreted as a universal restriction of women teaching, preaching or exercising authority over men.

1. CONTEXT in 1 Timothy

There are really several areas that need balancing with the idea that 1 Tim. 2:12 is to be interpreted as a universal restriction of women teaching, preaching or exercising authority over men.

2. CONTEXT in whole of Scripture

4. ANYONE does not mean MEN ONLY

5. The SPIRITUAL GIFTS are not Gender Divided

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Go here http://www.gerald285.com/view/?pageID=344717 and read about what the bible says. That is what matters, not someones opinion.

Is the topic of women being pastors, elders, deacons or teachers something that is forbidden to be discussed on this board? I have done many searches and all the threads on this issue seem to have been closed for various reasons. I cannot believe that this is a topic that no one is interested in, especially by the number of posts in those closed threads. So what gives? If people are not able to discuss this issue calmly and lovingly then would that not be a reflection on the person themselves rather than the topic? I understand that any Christian discussion board would want to prevent profanity and abuse, but I cannot believe that any Christian would be in favor of the censorship of the discussion of ideas. If that it the case then I guess I will continue my journey in search of a Christian board which holds dear the concepts of free speech and thought.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Go here http://www.gerald285.com/view/?pageID=344717 and read about what the bible says. That is what matters, not someones opinion.

Shalom FFS,

We are ALL talking about the Bible. The difference comes in when we have differing opinions on what the Bible says.

If this is your website, I appreciate the article it is excellent.

Also, as an aside, I don't agree with everything on the website, especially the condemnation of Christian rock. BUT, this article on women pastors is right on. :whistling: Thanks for sharing it.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

ahhh I like your response martin. I am single and have been ...I never ever believed a woman shouls be without a covering and I amnot talking about a hatand yes Jesus Our father is our covering but I believe in accountability to a man. We all need accountability but let us face it, It is brutal out there. I most certainly see things differently than a man and most woman do, God made us that way to COMPLEMENT each other When a woman marries a pastor God sees them as one. As he saw adam and evev as adam.

I called my paster one night after much prayer and trying to make sure what I was hearing was correct. Jesus was showing me that a young woman was after him... A very strong seducing spirit in her. When I spoke to his wife and began to tell her she just put the phone down and called him. Apparantly she saw the same thing but he did not belive her. Not knowing what was going on in the house what I was saying was a confirmation. He asked what do we do now People were very much involve with her problems. Either pray for her to leave or cast out the demon. when we began to pray we ask for a admission of jesus' kingship in the persons life. She could not say the name of Jesus. She left on her own accord.

If a man in my congregation sees something in another man I am more apt to believe him than my own emotions

We all need each other and I cannot believe how petty things become amongst the brethren and even in the but have you ever been ata board meeting.....hahahaha shame on us.

well anyway I have my favorit men and women vehicles of the Holy spirit. I do not like gender name chang thoiugh for one simple reason THERE THREE NON CHRISTIAN GROUPS TRYING TO REMOVE ANY GENDER FROM THE WORD OF GOD.

Ruach certainly was part of the o.t. Even David prayed for our father not to take the Holy Spirit from him.

remember his eye is on the sparrow

love patrish