Disfavor for Bush Hits Rare Heights

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

The National Debt will be roughly 80% of GDP by the time he leaves office.

It always gets me when people go on about the debt Bush ran up....by trying to protect us. And no, he never should have signed the prescription bill either. But let him try to cut other useless programs liberals love in order to save money! Or try to help the economy by cutting taxes.

Actually, he increased spending by an average of 8% every year, this is compared to 3% in Clinton's budget proposals. Bush grew the fiscal size of government more than any other president since LBJ. I have to admit though, I certainly feel a lot safer now that we have wasted a half a trillion dollars in Iraq.

I refer you back to my response above.

If we are safer, how was the money wasted?

Thats the thing, the war in Iraq has made us less safe, not more safe.

From the 2006 NIE:

We assess that the Iraq jihad is shaping a new generation of terrorist leaders and

operatives; perceived jihadist success there would inspire more fighters to continue the

struggle elsewhere.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Have we been attacked since the war started? How many attacks all over the place have been foiled?

Have we been attacked since the war started? How many attacks all over the place have been foiled?

Terrorism worldwide is up. We were not attacked domestically from 1993 to 2001. Moreover, increased homeland security has certainly made it more difficult for foreign terrorists to hit us domestically, that does not mean that the war in Iraq has not made us less safe though.

Your are obviously a partisan conservative Republican, and I am Democrat, so I doubt there is any chance of us agreeing, thus there is no point in debating any of this.

Help me out here, forrest

Your are obviously a partisan conservative Republican, and I am Democrat, so I doubt there is any chance of us agreeing, thus there is no point in debating any of this.

Help me out here, forrest

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Moreover, increased homeland security has certainly made it more difficult for foreign terrorists to hit us domestically, that does not mean that the war in Iraq has not made us less safe though.

You mean the increased homeland security the Democrats tried to stop--the wiretapping?

Are you saying that you are not a conservative Republican? Conservative Republicans typically get identified in media reports as conservative republicans because they identify themselves as conservative republicans.

That you need to ask illustrates my point. As far as the media waiting until a republican identfies themselves as conservative before the use the adjective, that's just incorrect. Think how many times you have heard "right wing" republican or "conservative" republican, and compare that to when you have heard "liberal" democrat. The fact is almost all the democrtaic leadership is liberal, but I don't hear the term used when describing them.

Republicans run as either conservatives or moderates. They consistently identify themselves as conservatives or moderates on the campaign trail. Here in Kansas, we have a moderate wing of the state Republican Party and a conservative wing of the state Republican Party. They may as well be two different parties.

Are you saying that you are not a conservative Republican? Conservative Republicans typically get identified in media reports as conservative republicans because they identify themselves as conservative republicans.

That you need to ask illustrates my point. As far as the media waiting until a republican identfies themselves as conservative before the use the adjective, that's just incorrect. Think how many times you have heard "right wing" republican or "conservative" republican, and compare that to when you have heard "liberal" democrat. The fact is almost all the democrtaic leadership is liberal, but I don't hear the term used when describing them.

Republicans run as either conservatives or moderates. They consistently identify themselves as conservatives or moderates on the campaign trail. Here in Kansas, we have a moderate wing of the state Republican Party and a conservative wing of the state Republican Party. They may as well be two different parties.

The point is the media use conservative or right wing in front of a republican, whether they actually know the meaning or not, but even if it were true (lets say they were talking about Gingrich), do they ever say "left wing" Nancy Pelosi or "liberal" Harry Reid? No. In fact, conservatives liked being called that but liberals generally don't like being called that.

Because you guys treat liberal like it was a 4 letter word. Liberals prefer being called progressive. I am sure they would love it if the media called them progressives, such as "Senator Harry Reid, a Progressive".

The only agenda with the media is one of making money, you guys have been working the refs with media for years.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

The terrorist attack on 9/11 happened on George Bush's watch people. They were briefed on the dangers of al quaida when they took office and they dropped the ball.....then kicked it into Iraq creating a more dangerous situation for us.....and killing more American soldiers and innocent Iraqi civilians.

George Bush has Fox News 24/7 and a.m. talk radio locked up so if you want to listen to talk radio at work you get constant Bush cheerleading.

He's the worst President EVER; even fake and biased news (Fox)can't turn this sow's ear into a silk purse and history won't be able to either unless Bush does manage to make himself an out and out dictator seizing control of the internet and imprisoning all who dare to stand up to him. Can you imagine what his numbers would have been in the past or even now without Fox and a.m. radio and a barrage of books by people like Ann Coulter? MSNBC, CNN, ABC and CBS withold important stories and present fluff in their place which helps Bush. Liberal media my butt.

Lets be serious. The media is overwhelmingly liberal and they don't call liberals liberal, they call them democrats. That's just a fact. Now if you want to go down the list of anchors and argue over whether they are liberal or conservative, bring. The major media is just flat out liberal. Even the knucklehead shows like The View--whats it 3:1 or 4:1 liberal to conservative?

Thats what is kind of interesting. People that I know that are hard core liberals swear up and down that the news media has a strong conservative and pro-corporate bias. People that I know on the right claim that the media has a liberal bias. I guess when it gets down to it, its all just subjective and based on ones perspective.