IGNORED

Evolution - Do you accept it or not?

Fovezer

Guest ~*~Soli_Deo~*~

Evolution VS Creation

Well I have to admit that I am very convinced that there was no process of evolution leading to the creation of mankind. I have found many reports that science does not support that life has existed for millions of years in fact many cases of scientific studies directly support that the world is only a few thousand years old. (Approx 6000 yrs)

It is my strong opinion that evolution has been devised by people who could not accept Christ Jesus. Darwin the father of evolution thought completely denounced his entire studies and said it was all

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ~*~Soli_Deo~*~

Here are a few passages that I find in the creation account that clearly depict an entirely different impression than random evolution.

Gen. 1:11

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

WELCOME to WorthyBoards vrspock and Soli_Deo. :t2:

fovezer,

i didnt intend my analogy to be perfect and i also know that the human eye isnt perfect. The simple fact that evolution is a theory requires that it be taken on faith. Gravity can be seen... drop a pencil, and measured. We cant see or measure evolution. Has there ever been a recent mutation or change what ever you would call it that actually helped an organism? i dont mean anything small, i mean a major evolutional change. Like a reptile growing wings or something, i dunno. Im not tring to be sarcastic.. i am asking seriously.

Its not surprising to me at all that you dont want to discuss the issue of sin. I understand that it might not have anything to do with evolution but really evolution has nothing to do with the issue of sin. In all this discussion about evolution the issue of sin and its punishment is hidding out behind it. There is no need for God to prove Himself anymore than he already has. Even if God and evolution can work together, which i believe you said.. .

You can think that the "thing" that caused them to change was god. That is fine. If I were a Christian, that is what I would say caused it. Remember, evolution is not atheism, nor is it atheistic. Christianity and evolution are fully compatible, which is why most Christians are evolutionists.

( i dont know how to do that quote thing)

Jesus said "I am the way, the Truth, and the Life, no man comes to the Father but through me." I dont believe God created anything through evolution because i just dont see it in the text. However, even if he did the issue isnt how he made creation. The first chapter of the Bible deals with creation the rest of the Bible deals with mans sin and the provision God made for man so that he could be in a right relationship with him. Are you in a right relationship with the Creator? if you have not accepted Jesus Christs sacrifice for your transgression you cannot have a right relationship with God and you are in danger of Judgment. If you will refer to my last post... the things you are not willing to talk about, at least read again... they dont deal with simply your mind but also your heart. If you have broken Gods law you will stand before Him in judgment. "If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Again i am not trying to be sarcastic in any way. You said that you are searching for the truth, i just want to help.

ICpguy,

you are right we do need to pray... but quite honestly all of this debate and no use of scripture or the gospel will get us no where. All i have seen is arguing and talk of what science (mans knowledge) has proved or disproved. I am not trying to be smart or accusing but before you criticize everyone else about their posts go back and notice the tone of all the posts. Im not saying that my posts have always been right... im just saying before you get that upset with one person be aware of the fact that we are all making that mistake and remember to speak the truth in love. Thank you for all the info you have posted and please continue to share... but lets not argue with each other.

Ladyc,

I understand your frustration but sarcasm is far from speaking the truth in love. your last few posts have been pretty mean. again i understand you taking offense but we have to remember that the war is not against flesh and blood and we need to keep our testimony strong. Your icon says 2 timothy 2:24 "The Lords bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged." Please dont think im pointing the finger.... i am guilty of this too... i am just tring to do what i am supposed to do please at least think and pray about what i am saying, bring it before the Lord....

thanks

QUOTE (Fovezer @ Feb 19 2004, 11:57 AM)

Please, could you stop posting those "I was once an atheist, but then I saw the light" posts. They are irrelevent and detract from the original topic, and are actually quite annoying.

(fovezer said that)

(i responded with this)

would you quit posting that our faith is irrelevant, that our Bible is lies, and that we are threatening you? your posts detract from the origional topic, and are beyond annoying... they're downright offensive.

i said:

you've accused us of believing lies, of making threats, of being weak minded, and all manner of other things, and then you have the audacity to say

(fovezer said)

Ladyc,

Thank you for your understanding, and i am sorry if i came across negatively. Sometimes a message can be read incorrectly. I will remember to keep you in pray and also ask if you would keep me in prayer for the same reasons.

I also apologize for my spelling and horrible sentence structure.. i usually type sentences the way i think them not the way they are supposed to be...

however, if it is being percieved as such, i will bow out of the discussion. i changed my avatar just this week to be a reminder to myself NOT to argue.

Lady, don't even think of bowing out. We need you. There's nothing wrong with being argumentative, especially when you're right! And you are :t2:

In my humble opinion, we Christians don't fight hard enough for our faith. I certainly think we should be loving and humble, especially with each other. We should act the same to those that are unbelievers. However, when they start the battle, I say fight back - with the big guns ;)

If we're not allowed to do that, then this 'taint the place for me, and I'll be the one to bow out :x:

In Him,

John

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I also don't think Lady C is being mean. She's telling it the way she sees it. (which is the same way I see it) Debating is a nice word for arguing, imo.