dgolvach

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Lately, a few of you here might know that I have been struggling with a severe illness. Potentialy deadly. I understand that we are all on death row and that its just a matter of how many appeals we have left. When you think you might be running out of appeals it tends to may you think hard about your "rights and wrongs". God, politics, ect..... Over the past year I have (to my shame) joined in the chorus of Bush bashing. "Bush screwed up the war" "Bush won't fix immigration they way we want it"...blah blah and blah. By doing this, I am guilty of absolute hypocracy. I also beleive that most of everyone else who partakes in these unwarrented "bash Bush" parties are guitly as well.

Let me lay out my points on the war and border issues.

1) Iraq war.

I live here in Texas. Not all that far from the "Spindle Top" oil field that really kicked off much of the oil boom that started so many decades ago. As it became more appearent that oil was an effiecent way to run things, our technology became molded in away that used this great resorce. When Cars first came out, only a few wealthy show offs had them. But as time went on, more and more people became owners. Now even the poorest people have them. Many families have cars for every 16 and above person. Sometimes more than one. The same goes for housing, who in our country dosen't live in a house with electicity? What do we now use oil for?....Hmmmmm. Cars, houses,emplyment, food to the markets, schools, churches, sporting events, hospitals, weddings, funerals, any product you use that uses plastic, military that protects us, police,medicine, fire fighters, ambulance, TV, anything and everything depends on oil. THE FREE FLOW OF OIL is our life blood. I hear some folks make statements like "Bush's oil war!" No! Correction, "Yours and mine". And it is a war for oil at the end of the day. Its unfortunate, but a large percent of the world's ON LINE oils supply flows from places that are surrounded by nut jobs who would like nothing more than to destroy us. (Chavez, Ben Laden. Hussain ect...) Some of these nut jobs even proclaim a mandate from God to destroy us. In particular, the ones in the middle east. To have the spigot cut off in the Persian Gulf would spell disaster unlike anything we have seen in our life time. People like Bush and Cheney understand this. Their hands are somewhat tied because everytime people like them suggest drilling in our own country, they get torn and ripped by enviromentlist's like Al Gore. If they bring up ideas like more nuclear power, they get chased down by the left "no nukes" crowd. Anybody remember them? There are as many big houses and big gas guzzling SUVs in BLUE states as there are in Red states. I notice that the Hollywood crowd likes to gripe the most but the have the biggest carbon footprint of them all. We Americans like big stuff. Big cars, big houses and we like to go places and do things. Its called a way of life. (we should concider a way to change) We absolutely MUST have a military presence in the middle east to maintain this way of life. This is what the Islamonuts are so ticked about. Bush can't just get up on TV and admit the truth which is the fact that "ultimately the war has do do with oil more than just Hussain" But if he says this you can bet that his detractors (who are many) will be screaming from the roof tops "no war for oil". I even saw a lady with this very bumper sticker on the back of her HUMMER. In truth, if that oil supply ever gets cut off, most of us will be screaming "YES! war for oil" and in very short order. The Bush bashers will then bash him for the disaster that would be created by such an event. It is about oil because oil is how we survive on 2007. Windmills, Solar panels and ethenol combined couldn't handle 5% of our energy needs. The only thing that could take a significant dent out of it would be Nuclear Power. The soldiers in the middle east are fighting a problem that has the potential to cause more damage than Hitler did and it should never be said that they are fighting and dying in vain. They are what stands in the way of those who truely wish for our demise. Our soldiers are sorta like Jesus, in that they are laying down their own lives for us. God Bless them all and so should we. If there have been mistakes in the war that it is fair to lay that at the feet of Bush. Hes the one in charge of running it. But we should also give him credit for the fact that we have not been hit since 911. On this he gets an "A".

2) The Border

Yes...its time to seal the border. Its true that we are not able to support a whole nother country. However, I hear alot of folks going on about how we should get all of the ILLEGALS out ASAP. Because of Bush's tax cuts and the type of individual freedom we have to achieve we now have an economy that is the envy of the rest of the world. In my 44 years, Ive never seen anything like it. The Dow is now closing at 14000. If people think that that money dosen't trickle down to them, its because they have no idea of how the economy works. This "rich get richer" populist line is a political gimmick thats designed to use human envy to somehow punish those who have had more finacial success. Its a MYTH. I play guitar for a living. My income comes from teaching, selling, and playing (professionally) guitar. Most of my 40 students can afford 90 bucks monthly because there parents have extra spending money. (I hope for my sake that these "rich folks stay rich".)They are not taxed to the point where they can't afford a few non neccecities like guitars, eating out, baseball games, nice vacations ect ect. Here in Texas, houseing is cheap. Eating out is cheap. Salaries are good. Everyone is working and living well. Part of why this is possible is because our house are built by contractors who can only compeat because they can keep their overhead down with cheap illegal labor. All of the resterants I play music in are able to compeat only because they have cheap illegal labor. I mean every last one of them. Same for hotels, landscape companies ect...ect.. If we were to round up all of the illegals all at once and send them home, business in this country would probably come to a scretching halt. Food, farming and contruction business would go for sure. I know ....here it comes "but Americans can do those jobs instead". NOT!! We now have an employment rate which is the lowest ever. It hovers around 4%. This basically means that if you are unemployed, save a seroius illness, or other similar circumstances, you can find a job. The reality is that Americans are not going to be the world leaders in manufactoring or labor work. We are all about innovation, technology and services. These type of jobs are going to be around for as long as we keep the economy good. What we call poor, is middle class or even rich and many other countries. Like it or not, WE, not just Bush, have woven the illegal workers into our economy to a point where we could not withstand a sudden extraction without serious withdrawl symptoms that could take our way of life down. Again we can't continue with the open border policy but there are 2 sides to this. I might add that if I were from below the border, I would get my fanny over the border ASAP because America is the greatest place to be. How about you?.... So can we really blame these people for doing what we know we ourselves would do? Its not their fault. It their currupt Government and our great economy for making it so easy for them to come here. Still if you want to blame Bush, be consistant. Don't do any business with any company or entity that hires these folks. (you won't be able not to) Perhaps we just might need to push for a border policy that regulates the number to our choosing. An of course "all English" all of the time. Closer to what Bush proposed. Lets deal with it, America is going to have a large Hispanic population. Its a fact. Should we rope them off so they can't become like Americans, or allow them to become like Americans and learn are way of life and add to this country? It going to be one way or another. The only other way was what Hitler tried with the Jews. I have lived, worked under, with and for Hispanics from below the border my whole life. I live just fine side by side with them and I also like most of them. Perhaps God wants many of them here because its an opportunity for them to meet born again Christians on a regular basis. You know...get influeneced.

Still its not an easy cut or dry issue. Bush knows this. He's lived here most of his life as well and he too understands whats really at play.

President Bush has the hardest job in the world. Hes the most hated man alive. The world system really, really hates him. He takes all sorts of unwarrented dung from every which direction. Most of us would have crawled in a hole by now but he still gets up every morning and puts is suit on and does his best to do the OVERALL right thing. I wonder what power gives him the strength to carry on? I'm not sure but I don't think I want to I want to come up against it what ever it is.

God Bless G.W. Bush

Dan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Dan, I am in agreement with you. I pray for GWB every day. I believe he is a genuine G-d fearing man. Far from perfect, yes. I posted a piece about his low numbers in the polls. Try to read it. The writer of the piece gives what I think are good reasons for the low rating. Considering how strong the economy is and how safe we have been since 9/11, the low numbers are baffling. Never has one man rubbed so many the wrong way.

Dan, I am in agreement with you. I pray for GWB every day. I believe he is a genuine G-d fearing man. Far from perfect, yes. I posted a piece about his low numbers in the polls. Try to read it. The writer of the piece gives what I think are good reasons for the low rating. Considering how strong the economy is and how safe we have been since 9/11, the low numbers are baffling. Never has one man rubbed so many the wrong way.

I believe one of the many good things about Mr. Bush is that his concern is not ratings. I honestly don't think he cares what the ratings say. He makes his decisions on what he believes is right--not what is popular. We may not all agree with all his decisions, but I don't think anyone can say of him that popularity is a goal of his. (Even though he has had the highest rating of any other President.) That's a basic element of a good leader.

Maybe GWB has rubbed so many people the wrong way because so many people care not for the ways of God.

:noidea:

Guest gmac0961

While I wish Pres Bush well because of all the lives in his hands, I cannot see how we can give him such an easy pass. I have watched Bush for years and have not seen any Christian virtues in his conduct. My honest impression of him is of a very arrogant man, a trait which doesn't square with Christian values very easily. Also:

1. He promised to be a uniter and has yet done nothing but divided the nation, the world and our government. Supporters will blame others for this, but Bush promised to be the UNITER. His outreach to Democrats has come only after they took Congress.

2. He bears complete blame for the Iraq mess. The Iraqi war was a total invention of his administration, since it was shown that the intelligence was fixed after the decision was made. Also, the fight in Iraq has diveretd our resources from the real threats in other parts of the world. The Taliban have regained their strength in Afghanistan and Pakistan while we have been focused in Iraq.

3. Call me a cynic, but it comes off as a little hypocritical to me that 2 men (Bush and Cheney) who have made and continue to make huge sums of money on oil are now, 6 years into their administration, saying we are addicted to oil. When were we not?

I understand that Pres Bush professes his Christianity very freely and I won't presume to judge his heart as that is God's place. I only know that as a President, he has done little that I can support.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/25/1976

While I wish Pres Bush well because of all the lives in his hands, I cannot see how we can give him such an easy pass. I have watched Bush for years and have not seen any Christian virtues in his conduct. My honest impression of him is of a very arrogant man, a trait which doesn't square with Christian values very easily.

Wow. I was not going to get involved in this one, but I can not let this post go unanswered. Who are you to judge if he is a Christian? He claims Christ as his Saviour?

Also:

1. He promised to be a uniter and has yet done nothing but divided the nation, the world and our government. Supporters will blame others for this, but Bush promised to be the UNITER. His outreach to Democrats has come only after they took Congress.

This is simply false. He has tried to reach across the aisle many times. The opposition has bit his hand every chance they can.

2. He bears complete blame for the Iraq mess. The Iraqi war was a total invention of his administration, since it was shown that the intelligence was fixed after the decision was made. Also, the fight in Iraq has diveretd our resources from the real threats in other parts of the world. The Taliban have regained their strength in Afghanistan and Pakistan while we have been focused in Iraq.

This is just simply false. There has been no evidence that the intelligence 'was fixed'. You are calling him a liar with no proof. The 'Taliban is in control in Afghanistan' canard is also false. Their supposed resurgence has been claimed every spring and has yet to come to pass. Yes, they are still being fought, but they have hardly regained their strength. They also are not in control of Pakistan.

3. Call me a cynic, but it comes off as a little hypocritical to me that 2 men (Bush and Cheney) who have made and continue to make huge sums of money on oil are now, 6 years into their administration, saying we are addicted to oil. When were we not?

This statement just shows a complete ignorance of facts. Bush and Cheney are making no money on oil. Neither of them own any stock in oil companies. They were required to divest themselves before taking office.

I understand that Pres Bush professes his Christianity very freely and I won't presume to judge his heart as that is God's place. I only know that as a President, he has done little that I can support.

You judged his heart in the beginning of your post. It is fine to disagree with him, but if you are going to, at least get your facts straight.

Bush has gotten many things wrong. The war has not gone as planned. That is for sure. I still think he was correct for ousting Saddam though.

Edited by chrisb

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,928
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Well, though I consider this as something of a rambling statement, I watched president Bush's address to the nation the other night, which was aired worldwide.....where he linked Al Quaeda and the present threat in Iraq to the war on terror.

Must admit I found him quite coherent, and made his case very well.

He has gone up in my estimation. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

While I wish Pres Bush well because of all the lives in his hands, I cannot see how we can give him such an easy pass. I have watched Bush for years and have not seen any Christian virtues in his conduct. My honest impression of him is of a very arrogant man, a trait which doesn't square with Christian values very easily. Also:

Simple...people who hate rich oil men shouldn't use any more oil than necessary. Don't eat out. Keep your house as warm or cold as you can bear, don't take vacations where you travel, no entertainment. Don't use the AC in church on Sundays. Ect... Live like a hermit so you can keep as much money out of Bush and Cheney hands as possible.

Rich oil men should be given a metal for running the price of gas up. Lower prices discourage conservation and promote global warming.

No my friend..... your way off. Its not Bush's fault, it ours.

Dan

lol, well, as Reagan once mused, "Well, there he goes again." You're a newbie here, so I'll give YOU the pass and ignore your post. :emot-hug:

Guest gmac0961

While I wish Pres Bush well because of all the lives in his hands, I cannot see how we can give him such an easy pass. I have watched Bush for years and have not seen any Christian virtues in his conduct. My honest impression of him is of a very arrogant man, a trait which doesn't square with Christian values very easily.

Wow. I was not going to get involved in this one, but I can not let this post go unanswered. Who are you to judge if he is a Christian? He claims Christ as his Saviour?

Also:

This is simply false. He has tried to reach across the aisle many times. The opposition has bit his hand every chance they can.

This is just simply false. There has been no evidence that the intelligence 'was fixed'. You are calling him a liar with no proof. The 'Taliban is in control in Afghanistan' canard is also false. Their supposed resurgence has been claimed every spring and has yet to come to pass. Yes, they are still being fought, but they have hardly regained their strength. They also are not in control of Pakistan.

This statement just shows a complete ignorance of facts. Bush and Cheney are making no money on oil. Neither of them own any stock in oil companies. They were required to divest themselves before taking office.

You judged his heart in the beginning of your post. It is fine to disagree with him, but if you are going to, at least get your facts straight.

Bush has gotten many things wrong. The war has not gone as planned. That is for sure. I still think he was correct for ousting Saddam though.

I kind of thought this might be a good place for discussion, but I seem to have jumped on some toes hard. Anyway, for the record:

1. This is I guess, a matter of observation. The bottom line is, he said he was going to unite people and he hasn't got it done. As I said, he pledged to be the uniter, not a divider. That means he bears responsibility for not getting it done.

2. First, I did not say they are in control, only that they have renewed their strength which has been confirmed by the latest NIE.

Also: "Seven months before the invasion of Iraq, the head of British foreign intelligence reported to Prime Minister Tony Blair that President Bush wanted to topple Saddam Hussein by military action and warned that in Washington intelligence was "being fixed around the policy," according to notes of a July 23, 2002, meeting with Blair at No. 10 Downing Street.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5051201857.html

3. In fact, Cheney still holds nearly half a million Halliburton stock options which have risen 3,281% in the last year and are now valued at over $8 million. Also, its an absolute fact that Bush's first big deal was Harken Energy (oil).

As for judging Bush, I only said I see no proof of the Christian virtues in his work as President.