ray

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I heard a sermon from my assitant pastor the other day that church should be a hospital for sinners and not a hotel for saints. IF this is true, he should love me back no matter what my past. BUT, when meeting him one on one to share and confess my faults, hurts, habits and hang-ups. He says I Love you but you can not particapte in this area of service of the church. Now I feel like I'm in the movie Beauty and the Beast and I can't go into the West Wing. He has judged me for something I'm not. I have been advised that i could take legal action but I don't want to go there.

Why do people put boundaries on Gods unconditonal love when I have done everything to get right with God by confessing my sins so that healing can begin.

I'm not sure if I want to be at this church anymore because they love me but....

God Loves me and there is not but just love

How would respond if someone told you they loved you but......

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

God does forgive us, BUT, that does not dismiss the consequences of our sins. We still must reap the seeds we have sown. You cannot change a seed that was planted, it will still have to come up as the plant it was, you just can choose not to plant that particular seed again.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Do you believe that your pastor wishes you ill-will? He may be in essence protecting you.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

No one is to judge another, yet some people do not understand what the circumstances were to cause us to sin, BUT no one is to judge another. There is one judge, and no one is without sin. We will all be jugded by the same way we judge another. So, I am sorry that they have hurt you, and if you do decide to go to another Church, try to reveal only what you need to about your past. To find people with unconditional love is the ultimate blessing, But most people do judge others. Those who have been forgiven much, love much. Love is perfect, is not vain, does not puff itself up. So, I do not judge you, I pray that God will bring better people into your life who can love you unconditionally.

God bless...

Janey

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom,

Without knowing more details, such as What area of ministry you are talking about or WHY he has told you that you can't participate (it may have nothing to do with your past sins), no one here can really comment on your question.

Taking legal action against your church for not putting you in ministry? :24: That makes no sense Biblically. Someone serving in ministry is a servant and they are there because G-D called them there. And the servant does not force his way into a position of serving.

Not to mention the Bible forbids legal action against another Christian.

Have you prayed and asked the L-rd if HE wants you in this area of service? You only want to be there if G-d has called you there.

Anyway, I would suggest you speak to the man who told you this, get all his reasons and check the out Biblically. According to Matthew 18.

If you are dissatisfied with his reasons, go to his authority in the church - the Pastor and explain the situation. Again, Matthew 18.

If you get no satisfaction there, you have other options, Matthew 18.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

no wonder more and more people are leavin the church because they are not allowed to get to a point further than the pastor! this makes my blood boil...no one on this earth has the right to judge anyone on there past thats for god to decide...

this post has made me rethink a few things... thanks ray...

i think the church is on its downfall here...

God does forgive us, BUT, that does not dismiss the consequences of our sins. We still must reap the seeds we have sown. You cannot change a seed that was planted, it will still have to come up as the plant it was, you just can choose not to plant that particular seed again.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I may not be able to change the seeds that were planted in the past that is true. But I have dug at the rotten seeds and have planted new seeds to be able produce healthier christian living.

I'm not trying to dismiss the consequences of my past sins. But if I have shown redeption for my past to set everything right again when do I get a second chance. If I can not redeem myself ever what is the point there is no hope I should remain lost forever.

So how long do I reap the wrong from what I have sown? I already know that I have a life of consequence that have been set before me and that can never be changed. But to be denied something that you have done forever is not right either. Especially when I know I can go the next church and have no issues and move forward with out any we love you buts....

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

But to be denied something that you have done forever is not right either. Especially when I know I can go the next church and have no issues and move forward with out any we love you buts....

Well, maybe it's time to pray about moving on, if this is becoming such a huge issue.

Do you believe that your pastor wishes you ill-will? He may be in essence protecting you.

In His Love,

Suzanne

No, I do not believe my pastor wishes me ill-will. I believe he is not well educated in the area of my past and I want to accept his answer but when his answer makes me look worse off I have a problem with that.

What he is protecting me from i'm not sure. But when I can know from the help I received to get back into healthier christian way of living and would be accepted other places this makes it hard for me.

I think its like maybe going to the doctor and he diagoness you with cancer. Although you know you are ill and accept the doctors answer you want to get a second opinion because you might only have just a bad 24 hour flu when see the doctor.

Well i went to my spiritual pastor "doctor" and told him my symptoms and I already know my spiritual diagonis before going in but he informs me that my problem is worse than that. So now I'm seeking another spiritual pastor "doctor" chief of medicine to see if has the same answer. If the answer is the same and I know its wrong than I need to change churches.

I hope this makes some sense.

Dear ray,

As was stated earlier, without specifics as to what happened, we do not know why your pastor has made the decision he has. I don't get the impression that your pastor is willfully being "mean" to you, but had to make a call with regard to a position in the church, and the fact that you are not mentioning what it is and the specifics about it, suggests that you know what the response on this board would be.

In His Love,

Suzanne