• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

to those that much is given, much will be required.....

those priest will suffer a greater judgement then some one that has not been placed in a position of authority...

I completely agree with you there. It would be in the priest's best interest to step down because if he didn't, he'd be doing even more damage.

a pew warmer will be required less for doing the same thing, for one that little is given, little will be required...

HOWEVER....

is a pew warmer really serving the Lord, or taking just taking up a spot that could be used for a new believer, or a non-believer?

now, again we look, what rewards do we get when we get to heaven? a pew warmer, maybe none, a pastor/priest, could be many...... or maybe none.....

I'm trying to figure this into the discussion at hand but it just isn't fitting...am I missing something? :24: ?

the Bible tells us we are to respect those in authority over us, even Daniel did, he respected and honored the position of the king, even though he would not bow down to the statue(s) or king...... even as he was being thrown into the den of lions, he spoke kindly of the king and then as he was being brought out..... the same with shadrac, mishac and abednego...... very respectful to the king.....

Daniel and that king had a great relationship and the king could not eat or sleep until he knew Daniel was safe.

What has respect to do with any of this topic?

David, respected the Lord so much, that when David was called down on the carpet by Nathan, he respected Nathan (God's prophet) to know that Nathan spoke the truth, and he repented with a contrite heart......

So, prophets have authority over kings, right? It's off topic so I won't even go into the blue-collar prophets who never had such "respect", I'm certain you know who I mean.

i can give examples all though,

during the New Church all the apostles spoke, and then James stood up and said, I THUS JUDGE, and they all sat down and honored the new church pastor......

we must honor those in authority.... they may be wrong, but they are in the position......

When they are wrong, and I'm not talking about this case or any case, it should be disputed.

Ray is doing the right thing. He feels it in his heart, who are we to disagree.

If the priests who molested boys in their care have asked for forgiveness and are showing proof of it, should they be let back into caring of children? Do they desreve that right? Or should they stay away from temptation?

A priest who's done something like that has never been recorded as trying or even wanting to work with children again.

I've never seen a case like that disputed, has anyone?

Since we're all assuming around here, making generally unfounded statements, lets suppose a woman has had abortions and wants to work in a nursery now. Maybe it happened when she was young and she was urged to by her parents. Maybe she was in school and couldn't handle the pressure of being an unwed mom, trying to make it in this rough life. But she murdered her baby in cold blood. She had a choice and she chose to kill her child. Should she work with babies? She's a baby killer now, even though God forgives her. Eternally forgiven but should she suffer for the rest of her life? Never to be allowed, unsupervised, with little children? That's not going to come up on a backround check, BTW.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Since we're all assuming around here,

Sorry, None, but I've read his testimony - I'm not making making an assumption.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Wow! I am impressed with all the wealth of knowledge and concern here for me are just overwhelming.

I want to thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and advice.

This thread has been very helpful for me and trying to sort this all out. Also trying to talk this people who I can physical see and chat with has helped as well.

For now I'm going to put this all in God's hands. Let go and Let God because right now for me this totaly out of my control.

I respect the pastors both in decsions all though right now I'm not in full agreement. I understand they are looking out for my best interest as well as their church.

Yes, past is not, nor was perfect. I have shared my testimony in another thread here if choose to read it. This is teaching me that sometimes its not always right to share your testimony and you ave to be careful with whom you share it with.

Yes, I did imply that the pastor was passing judgement on me. i said this because he was taking what he heard of my past to prevent in one particular area of service which to me made look like my sin was worse than it was.

No, I do not plan to take any legal action because it would make us both look worse off than everything is and that is not in my nature.

I'm not trying to criticize either of the pastors. Yes, emotionally and spirtually this will be difficult for me to hear what they say from the pulpit because their concern for me as well as their church is causing me rethink this all through. Lamentations 3:40 says "Let us examine our ways and test them and return to the Lord" I have to do a lot of self examination now to make any sense of this for me to continue worshiping at this church.

Although there are many ministries that I can serve in, it is obvious at least for now at this church the door is shut on that particular ministry for me. i was never really interested in getting involved in that particular ministry again anyway. It is that I just did not realize what that ministry meant to me when doing it for so long that now it has been faced with a shut door for me. This what really breaks my heart.

So I have to look toward God to see what he has instore for me now. Not knowing how God is changing my path is scary and nerve wrecking right now but I know God has a plan for that I'm just not aware of yet and he will reveal it to me in time. His time of course.

So for now I have to let go and let God

Thanks for all your help and I hope this answers everything now to some degree or another. I know I'm loved but... life goes on....

• Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

If the priests who molested boys in their care have asked for forgiveness and are showing proof of it, should they be let back into caring of children? Do they desreve that right? Or should they stay away from temptation?

Should Paul the Apostle, who persecuted and murdered Christians before his conversion, not be allowed to minister to Christians after his repentance and forgiveness by God for his sins?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:24: Bless you, Ray!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Good idea ray...sometimes best not to dwell on it.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

:24: Bless you, Ray!

I must say that I am sorry that I cannot read all replies so forgive me if I repeat what may have already been said.

1st---why did you not go to the pastor instead of the assist pastor? Did you feel more of Gods Love from his assist or is it hard to get a hold of the snr. pastor?

2nd--I do not think a judgement has been made. I believe a wise or unwise decision has been made. You need to find out facts before YOU judge his reasons.

3rd--They still love you. Thier love has not faltered. Do not run away what The Lord may be doing in your life.

4th How long had you been there? A novice is not to be put in certain positions accordding to the word...how Long are you saved?

5th--they think you are something you are not...what may that be.

6th--- When you walk into a church you should be looking at thier bylines also.

A young woman was going to a churh who needed some assitance, they talk about how they help the needy even though they are on wall street. He would not help her, told her she was a fake...can you believe someone saying that to your face. He was interested in investment deals. I saw a articla written up on him. I was so mad. I wrote to him. I called and no response. He has his name up there with others but I am watching him closely. The good samaritan did not ask to see who he was helping . he just helped. The Lord sent her to my house somehow. She was wonderful to me and stayed two months and left with a job waiting for her. Judgement will fall . this is different then yours but its out there.

A pastor needs to protect all his sheep ...mostly from each other. Stay and wait it out. Help out where you can and Jesus will put you in the place where you belong. love you patricia :24:

Edited by patricia1

Should Paul the Apostle, who persecuted and murdered Christians before his conversion, not be allowed to minister to Christians after his repentance and forgiveness by God for his sins?

That's the amazing thing isn't it? Those who have suffered greatly in areas of sin and are now forgiven by the Grace of God..God then puts them back in those ares to heal those still sinning. It's a case of understanding because one has walked the walk. Many addicts of anything who have been Saved are now ministering to those still addicted. It's just some people are distrustful and can jump to conclusions and make errors in that judgment. Thankgoodness, when forgiven by God, always forgiven PLUS He extends the help needed to overcome temptation.

Wow! I am impressed with all the wealth of knowledge and concern here for me are just overwhelming.

I want to thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and advice.

This thread has been very helpful for me and trying to sort this all out. Also trying to talk this people who I can physical see and chat with has helped as well.

For now I'm going to put this all in God's hands. Let go and Let God because right now for me this totaly out of my control.

I respect the pastors both in decsions all though right now I'm not in full agreement. I understand they are looking out for my best interest as well as their church.

Yes, past is not, nor was perfect. I have shared my testimony in another thread here if choose to read it. This is teaching me that sometimes its not always right to share your testimony and you ave to be careful with whom you share it with.

Yes, I did imply that the pastor was passing judgement on me. i said this because he was taking what he heard of my past to prevent in one particular area of service which to me made look like my sin was worse than it was.

No, I do not plan to take any legal action because it would make us both look worse off than everything is and that is not in my nature.

I'm not trying to criticize either of the pastors. Yes, emotionally and spirtually this will be difficult for me to hear what they say from the pulpit because their concern for me as well as their church is causing me rethink this all through. Lamentations 3:40 says "Let us examine our ways and test them and return to the Lord" I have to do a lot of self examination now to make any sense of this for me to continue worshiping at this church.

Although there are many ministries that I can serve in, it is obvious at least for now at this church the door is shut on that particular ministry for me. i was never really interested in getting involved in that particular ministry again anyway. It is that I just did not realize what that ministry meant to me when doing it for so long that now it has been faced with a shut door for me. This what really breaks my heart.

So I have to look toward God to see what he has instore for me now. Not knowing how God is changing my path is scary and nerve wrecking right now but I know God has a plan for that I'm just not aware of yet and he will reveal it to me in time. His time of course.

Thanks for all your help and I hope this answers everything now to some degree or another. I know I'm loved but... life goes on....

IT is time to have this thread closed thanks again for all your help.