IGNORED

Is Remarriage allowed by the Bible

SonShiner

Guest shadow2b
-i said i'd be predisposed to thinking... but i also said i wouldn't pass the judgement! i have known individuals to marry at a very young age who were no doubt brought together by God. given the limited information you provided, i'd say that whomever you were referring to (yourself perhaps?) were very blessed. i'd also say they, or you, were probably an exception to the general rule of thumb

-ahhhhhhhh--HAAAAaaaa-- :D o.k. thanky so mucho LadyC--yeah I knowzs you wudden pass no

-judge-mint{which were nyice of yuse} :P yuppp we err tha cep-shunn tu tha ruu-els--I reckon :D

-Really if you really get down to the truth of it...

-mark10.vss.2.thru.9--------

-And the Pharisees came to him,and asked him,Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife?tempting

-him.And HE answered and said unto them,What did Moses command you?And they said,

-Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement,and to put her away.And JESUS answered and

-said unto them,For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.But from the beginning

-of the creation GOD MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE.FOR THIS CAUSE SHALL A MAN LEAVE HIS

-FATHER AND MOTHER,AND CLEAVE TO HIS WIFE;AND THEY TWAIN SHALL BE ONE FLESH;

-so then they are no more twain,but one flesh.What therefore GOD hath joined together,

-let not man put asunder.

-SO actually there is NO reason to DIVORCE--NOT even A-dultery---it's all because of the{hardness

-of the heart}NO forgivness--I kinda Think there is MORE to this than what is on the surface....

-GOD always considered ISRAEL as committing ADULTERY when they worshipped other gods...SO

-there has to be a {spiritual}significience to this which GOD absolutely abhors--detests...YET HE

-ALWAYS FORGAVE ISRAEL------AFTER a "slight"?judgement or punishment? of ISRAEL?GOD gets

-pretty "graphic"describing the actions of HIS ADULTEROUS WIFE ISRAEL--IN GOD'S final judgement

-of HIS WIFE ISRAEL & man-kind in general there will be NO-MORE adulterous affairs by HIS WIFE

-ISRAEL..{ALL ISRAEL shall be saved}ALL people that are"saved" become"JEWS" & are GRAFFED

-into the "root"of the olive tree{ISRAEL the WIFE}There will be NO-MORE possibilities or

-opportunities for Israel to "cheat" on GOD to committ adultery--hence ALL things are created NEW..

-GOD will have HIS perfect--sin-free-faithful-beautiful- WIFE ISRAEL--wheeewwwww--man-oh-man

-"WHAT" an awesome time that will be---- :P:D:D ---I can hardly wait--WE{the wife} should be

-SOooooo excited---wowwwww--- :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1974

My thoughts are this.....I was married to a man I thought loved me. He showed me this love by cheating on my at leat 13 times within 4 years. I seperated myself from him, went to counseling with him and tried in everyway to be the best wife I could be. Nothing worked. I belive in my heart there was more than 13 girlfriends, those are just the ones I found out about.

I don't belive I am going to hell because I got divorced. I also don't believe I will go to hell for getting married again. I should have stopped at the red flags the first moment he told me he would not marry in a church.

I am in love with a man now, that won't marry me on whim, because he knows just how much I was hurt the first time by not being married in our church. Trust me I have told him numerous times that a small courthouse wedding is fine, he told me the other night he put his foot down becuase its NOT what I want or he wants!! He wants our marriage to be blessed and done the correct way. Notice he says Marriage and NOT wedding! :il:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

These are good replies and helps me understand how some of you feel about it on a personal basis. Thank you. But that does not help in explaining or refuting the Biblical arguments made in the letter and the links. In fact, using personal choices to intrepret Bible teaching is what they are talking about is upside down in the first place.

SonShiner

what part of unconditional forgiveness is a personal interpretation? what part of "i will remember your sins no more", or "i'll cast your sins as far as the east is from the west", is biased by our own experiences?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Hello,

I can see some don't like what these guys are teaching, but have you read the material supporting the letter?

Edited by catsmeow

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Is Remarriage allowed by the Bible, Is it adultery or not?

To answer your question, yes, I believe that anyone who is remarried and has a living ex-spouse is in adultery. That is what I believe based on what I read in the Scriptures. The circumstances are not relevant, there are no 'exceptions' or excuse, just like any other sin addressed in Scripture. I'm sure it's a terrible situation one finds oneself in when they realize that they "made a terrible mistake" by getting married, that they weren't saved then, and even worse for those who no longer have a marriage due totally to the actions of the spouse. But that still doesn't change God's law on the issue. (Personally, I believe if more people trusted in the miracles of God in this matter, they would see results they never dreamed of. I've seen these miracles. )Of course, there are times when those miracles do not come, for whatever reason of God's. In those instances, people would do well to remember "My grace is sufficient for thee", rather than trying to find justification. All JMO. I don't really spend much time thinking about it, those who have to deal with it have enough on their plate without me condemning them. But, that's my honest beliefs on the issue.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

I have changed my avatar as a reminder of how I should conduct myself in a discussion. Prayers for my ability (and willingness) to live by that standard are always welcome!

:rolleyes::laugh::t2:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

To answer your question, yes, I believe that anyone who is remarried and has a living ex-spouse is in adultery. That is what I believe based on what I read in the Scriptures. The circumstances are not relevant, there are no 'exceptions' or excuse, just like any other sin addressed in Scripture.

What about unfaithfulness. Didn't Jesus say except for this sin you should not divorce. So if your spouse is unfaithful and is not repentant, surely divorce is OK based on Jesus teaching. To then remarry is not a sin.

Can I also add that if one does remarry a divorced person and even though it may not be as instructed in the Bible, there is still forgivness for the humble. In this situation, I believe such a marriage will have many struggles for God's Word is there to protect us. If we choose to ignore it, there will be consequences. The Word of God is written to guide us, to protect us from undue hardship. He is our Heavenly parent, wanting only what is best for His children.

Blessings

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

So if your spouse is unfaithful and is not repentant, surely divorce is OK based on Jesus teaching. To then remarry is not a sin.

Divorce is never ok. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that divorce is ok. In fact, the Bible says that God HATES it. Jesus permitted it because of "hardness of hearts". Which would you rather have - hardness of your heart towards your spouse, or forgiveness and a willingness to open yourself to a miracle that God can perform? Which one do you think God blesses?

To then remarry is not a sin.

You added that. That is not Scriptural. Just because the divorce is permitted does not mean you can than add your own words on the end of it to justify something. Scripture clearly says that to remarry is wrong and puts you in adultery.

Can I also add that if one does remarry a divorced person and even though it may not be as instructed in the Bible, there is still forgivness for the humble.

No problem. No where did I, or anyone else on this thread, say that any person in any sin can not be forgiven. But, should a person enter into remarriage, even though Scripture forbids it, simply because "well, I know I'll be forgiven?". Hardly. That is not a Christian. That is willful sin, and the Scriptures make it clear that one who enters into willful sin is in danger of not really being a Christian at all.

WIP, i disagree with one point. remarriage, knowing that God will forgive, is not willful sin. DIVORCE, just because we know that God will forgive, IS willful sin. once we have been forgiven for the sin of divorce, God remembers the sin of the first marriage/divorce no more. thus, we do not have to ask forgiveness for getting re-married.