IGNORED

The Seven Year Tribulation....Is it Biblical?

Kenna Frye

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

yep just read the OP.

maybe he (OP author) needs to read up on the 70 weeks and

what happened on the 69th week (aka 483 years) to the day!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Daniel 9:27 gives a few highlights of the 7-year Tribulation period. This verse says, "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate." The person of whom this verse speaks is the person Jesus calls the "abomination that makes desolate" (Matthew 24:15) and is called "the beast" in Revelation 13. Daniel 9:27 says that the beast will make a covenant for 1 week (7 years), but in the middle of this week (3 1/2 years into the Tribulation), he will break the covenant, putting a stop to sacrifice and grain offering. Revelation 13 explains that the beast will place an image of himself in the temple and require the world to worship him. Revelation 13:5 says that this will go on for 42 months, which is 3 1/2 years. Since Daniel 9:27 says that this will happen in the middle of the week, and Revelation 13:5 says that the beast will do this for a period of 42 months, it is easy to see that the total length of time is 84 months or 7 years. Also see Daniel 7:25 where the "time, times, and half a time" (time=1 year; times=2 years; half a time=1/2 year; total of 3 1/2 years) also refers to the Great Tribulation, the last half of the 7-year Tribulation period when the "abomination that causes desolation" (the beast) will be in power.

The Hebrew word (heptad) translated as "week" in Daniel 9:24-27 literally means "7"

Amen Butterfly! Quite easy to understand.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

While I agree there is no mention in the Bible of the Tribulation lasting only 7 years, Kenna is just as steeped in men's/woman's (E. G. White) traditions and teachings as the futurists. Study the scriptures, folks. Do not rely on Hal Lindsey, Ellen White, or an SDA preacher to tell you what the Bible says. I came to the conclusion that the time of the Tribulation is not mentioned in the Bible anywhere through searching the scriptures. Kenna is right on alot of points even though he is wrong on much more, so don't discount him entirely, but ultimately be a studier of God's Word. The Word will never steer us wrong.

what! the book of Daniel has this info

Really? Please show me. In the middle of the week, the sacrifices ceased (already happened), then the city and temple were to be destroyed (already happened). The prophesy in Daniel 9 has already been fulfilled. If you look up Matt 24:15 and Luke 21:20, we see the 'desolation' as being the Roman armies. I don't see anything in here that talks about the prophecy concerning the seals and trumpets, which has come to be known as the Tribulation.

Having grown up steeped in dispensationalism and turned partial-preterist after studying, I do not feel at this point I am well qualified to debate partial-preterism without mixing it up with some of my previous beliefs. And even after I come to further conclusion, I might still believe in aspects of both. All I know at this point, is the more I study the Bible, and having never read a commentary on preterism of any kind, I find myself seeing the prophesies as having already been fulfilled more and more.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

While I agree there is no mention in the Bible of the Tribulation lasting only 7 years, Kenna is just as steeped in men's/woman's (E. G. White) traditions and teachings as the futurists. Study the scriptures, folks. Do not rely on Hal Lindsey, Ellen White, or an SDA preacher to tell you what the Bible says. I came to the conclusion that the time of the Tribulation is not mentioned in the Bible anywhere through searching the scriptures. Kenna is right on alot of points even though he is wrong on much more, so don't discount him entirely, but ultimately be a studier of God's Word. The Word will never steer us wrong.

Really? Please show me. In the middle of the week, the sacrifices ceased (already happened), then the city and temple were to be destroyed (already happened). The prophesy in Daniel 9 has already been fulfilled. If you look up Matt 24:15 and Luke 21:20, we see the 'desolation' as being the Roman armies. I don't see anything in here that talks about the prophecy concerning the seals and trumpets, which has come to be known as the Tribulation.

Having grown up steeped in dispensationalism and turned partial-preterist after studying, I do not feel at this point I am well qualified to debate partial-preterism without mixing it up with some of my previous beliefs. And even after I come to further conclusion, I might still believe in aspects of both. All I know at this point, is the more I study the Bible, and having never read a commentary on preterism of any kind, I find myself seeing the prophesies as having already been fulfilled more and more.

An understanding of Daniel 9:24-27 is necessary in order to understand the purpose and time of the Tribulation. This passage speaks of 70 weeks that have been declared against "your people." Daniel's "people" are the Jews, the nation of Israel, and what Daniel 9:24 speaks of is a period of time that God has given "to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy place." God declares that "70 weeks" will fulfill all these things. It is important to understand that when "70 weeks" is mentioned, it is not speaking of a week as we know it (7 days). The Hebrew word (heptad) translated as

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

we know Christ died in 33AD

the temple was destroyed in 70AD

many scholars feel Matthew was written between 70-100 AD.

AND MORE IMPORTANTLY:

Matthew 24:14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world

as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

there is no way that the gospel was preached to the world before the temple was destroyed.

they had no internet, mail, TV, radio or advertisement.

but somehow you feel matt 24:15 has come true?

that's why the author said "(whoso readeth, let him understand:) "

Answer: The seven seals (Revelation 6:1-17; 8:1-5), seven trumpets (Revelation 8:6

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Daniel 9:27 gives a few highlights of the 7-year Tribulation period. This verse says, "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate." The person of whom this verse speaks is the person Jesus calls the "abomination that makes desolate" (Matthew 24:15) and is called

Daniel 9:27 gives a few highlights of the 7-year Tribulation period. This verse says, "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate." The person of whom this verse speaks is the person Jesus calls the "abomination that makes desolate" (Matthew 24:15) and is called

Answer: The seven seals (Revelation 6:1-17; 8:1-5), seven trumpets (Revelation 8:6