irishcowboy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

after this past "superbowl" event, and with other things that have happened in the recent past........

I believe if some one is going to be pulling pranks such as this bit with Janet Jackson..... the FCC needs to come down hard on them.....

in the 60's the Smothers Brothers were banned from TV for a long long time because of being off key......

my idea of a penalty for anyone doing such things on family TV or Radio is they are restricted from any form of public broadcast for a period of 5 years..... that would also mean any realases of albums, news appearances, tv appearances...... no media appearances what so ever, and if a stations releases something over the air about them, they should be fined....heavily..... ( especially the talk shows )..... so far in recent times..... those that would be gone with a ruling that would bring TV back to where the family is safe from it would be every show except a very small handful.......

what is happening is the media is glorifying the events,

I am so glad that my family was not watching the superbowl this year...... we was at church.....

next year, we will not be watching it either, nor will we be buying anything of the jacksons ( any of them), or brittany spears.... i mean nothing.....

I feel if a person continues to buy stuff from people that are trashing out this world, they are only condoning their actions..... the penalties need to be firm, fast, and severe..... discipline...... spare the rod..... and we have a world full of spoiled brats....... that feel like they was being picked on...... you do the crime, you do the time.....

to alll those of you out there that think others are to blame..... you all need to take responsibility for your own actions.... I do not need to have to pay for your mistakes..... i have enough to do taking care of myself and my family..... it is your error, you pay......

mike

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

It was a "wordrobe malfunction". If it was the soul purpose of Janet Jackson to expose herself she would have done it earlier in the show, and probably would have showed more if it was jer intention. I think you're being a little bit ridiculous.

Guest Bride of Christ

:D

Mmmhmmm....and cows can really jump over the moon.... :D

My husband and I never watch the SuperBowl anymore anyhow....we're always at Church Sunday nights! We just check the score out on the internet and get to skip all the junk. :t2:

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

and Brittney spears problem was a costume malfunction also????

and every one is picking on michael jackson?

and Pres Clinton didnt lie before the inquest?

and Pres Bush Sr. didnt raise the old taxes?

and every pres ever in office the last 50 years has been totally straight with us??

wardrobe malfunction...... hogwash......

the american public wants to see SHOCK TV.....

and that includes those that call themselves Christians......

where do you draw the line....

the child molester says it was an accident that his hand went where it should not have??? right....

the outfits that are being warn during programs need to also be taken off the regular family programming....

a show that is rated PG-13 is really a hard R ( masive amounts of cussin, sexual misconduct, violence, and even back side nudity ) not a pg....

an R rated movie now is more like a XX

shooot, there is even cussin and partial nudity in cartoons on the "family" channel.....

what is the superbowl going to be rated next year?????

if you are going to go along with the costume malfunction, and the accident stuff, and the "I didnt mean to " garbage, satan really has you buffaloed.....

how many of you really enjoy watching Pro Wrestling????

how many of you really enjoy the profanity that is brought across your tv during the day for the kids to see and hear???

as far as I am concerned, my family will not be watching any of this junk, we have done with out cable now for 6 years, and only have the broadcast stations, and those are as bad as the rest....

if you wish to pollute your mind with garbage, you are free to do so, for God gave us all free will...... but with all that garbage in the mind, how can one really think they can have a closer walk with the Lord.......

I am not against foot ball, just against what it has come to represent......

as far as Janet Jacksons mautly crew during the 1/2 time show, every one of them should be taken off of any broadcast of any form...... to even lay a hand on some one else can be considered battery.... and to have grabbed hold of a woman in the place where she was grabbed, constitutes sexual assult, cosumated by battery.... if some one ever touches my wife, or daughter in that form, exposing them or not, will find them selves trying to figure out why they are seeing the sun rise thru a set of bars, sporting two black eyes and false teeth....

the message that has just given every young man in the nation that was watching is that grabbing women in such fashion is 100% OKAY FINE AND DANDY........

women are not sex objects as the media puts out......

do you want your wife or daughter or mother handled in such a way????

the guys that are doing it, are saying that they didnt know that the lady felt that way...... again.......

HOGWASH .......

all that half time show turned out to be was a big sex show......

your can keep it for your self,

mike

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Mike/Eddie,(sorry, just reminded me of that movie, don't think I saw it, I just remember the "catch phrase".)

I'm with ya! It gets so tiring to see the complacency, doesn't it?

Sometimes ya just gotta vent. I'm feelin your pain brother.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Fellow Saints,

What we are talking about here is things of the world. If we as a Church would be Holy and Seperate as Paul taught the corinth Church and to be IN the World and not OF the World as Jesus instructed us in HIS teachings then we would not have to worry about this sort of thing. Quit watching the worlds junk and listening to the worlds junk. Am I saying not to watch sports, well if they keep adding all the trash being complained of here, then yes in the name of HOLINESS that would be the best thing to do. Like our Brother said, each has their own choice though and unfortately some Christians will always be wanted what the world has.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

:D 

Mmmhmmm....and cows can really jump over the moon.... :D

My husband and I never watch the SuperBowl anymore anyhow....we're always at Church Sunday nights! We just check the score out on the internet and get to skip all the junk.  :t2:

flycow.gifThis one made an attempt though!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

:baa:

wait...wrong sign..

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

You all are too funny!

I myself don't watch TV. Too much filth and all that.

You can't watch anything without hearing them taking the Lord's name in vain. Even saying "Oh my God." as an expression is misusing the Lord's precious name.

And using curse words as well.

And women immodestly dressed.

And we could go on and on and on and on and on and on.................................

Christians should not have filth coming into their house via the Hellavision.

Paul said that there should not even be a hint of sexual immorality or impurity and that those who do will not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven.

Ephesians 5:5-7

For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person