• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

Christians should pay no attention to the so-called prophecies contained in the Mayan calender....any more than they should pay attention to Egyptian or Babylonian prophecies.....or indeed many others.....including Nostradamus, etc.

New agers love to refer to the Mayan prophecies.

There are a million 'prophecies' out there.........if people want to subscribe to them.

We have one book. :emot-pinochio:

Amen Sweety Cakes, amen! :emot-pinochio:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christians should pay no attention to the so-called prophecies contained in the Mayan calender....any more than they should pay attention to Egyptian or Babylonian prophecies.....or indeed many others.....including Nostradamus, etc.

New agers love to refer to the Mayan prophecies.

There are a million 'prophecies' out there.........if people want to subscribe to them.

We have one book. :whistling:

Amen Sweety Cakes, amen! :emot-hug:
:21:

ONE

For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6

Love, Joe

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Does anyone have any real knowledge/thoughts about the Mayan calendar's date for the end of the world as we know it? On this date, scientists and modern astronomers state that the sun and the earth will be in perfect alignment with the center of the Milky Way galaxy. This only happens once every 25,800 years. Scientists are not sure what the effect will be, but it is possible magnetic currents will spin in opposite directions, or there may be a field effect reversal. Some believe the positions of the north and south poles would shift, which would cause worldwide disaster. Although this event seems farfetched, this pole shift is backed by science. Thoughts? I must admit, I'm freaked. I shouldn't be because God is in control, and Jesus is coming again. How many of you think this is the date He will return (even though I know the Bible states no one will know the exact time/date), based on known facts/predictions about what will happen?

Jesus said that only Father knows when, so I don't realy try to figure out when. And why exactly should we be going by the Mayan calendar?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

We aren't to know the day or the hour but we are to watch for the signs of the times.

I heard the Mayan calander prediction years ago and kept it in the back of my mind for years as just a matter of interest. Well, last year my daughter and I were studying astronomy (I homeschool) and used a book written by a Christian/young earther astrophysicist. In it he spoke of there being evidence that the magnetic poles of the earth had reversed in the past (north pole became south pole). This evidence is found in the rocks and secular scientists as well as Christians agree that there has been a reversal in the past, we just disagree on the timing (it couldn't have happened more than about 7,000 years ago since the earth wasn't here). My thought, when I read this was could this polar reversal have been what God used to trigger Noah's Flood. The sun has a polar reversal happen about every 7 years. We ususally don't notice it much. Well, recently I came across a prediction by scientists that in 2012 the sun is predicted to reverse it's poles, but they also say the earth will reverse it's poles. Hmmm....

Issaiah 24:1 is prophecy. It says Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

I have been tracking earthquakes for quite some time and there are many more happening than when I first began watching about 3 years ago. (What did Jesus say about earthquakes in diverse places?)

Remember, that in Noah's Flood we have a "picture" of the rapture/tribulation: Enoch was "taken" "And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him." Genesis 5:24. (Rapture of the church prior to the Great Tribulation). Methuselah, Enoch's son, was the oldest person who ever lived. He died the year that the Flood happened (showing us God's grace). Noah and his family entered the Ark and God shut the door. The flood came - oh, much worse than a little flood - but Noah and his family were preserved through the flood even though all of the rest of the people and land animals died in God's judgment.

The nations are lining up and making alliances - check out the EU for instance. Israel doesn't have too many friends. Prophecy seems to be coming to life. Now, if (and I really do mean if) this happens, could this predicted polar reversal trigger the Great Tribulation? If so, the church will be raptured before then. A Bible teacher who I study feels that this could be the fulfillment of the 6th seal judgment.

I'm not putting a day or hour on it, but I am watching the signs of the times. ONLY God knows. I'm not giving up on paying my bills, but I am trying to tell as many people as I can about Jesus. But, we should be doing that anyway.

<>< ><>

Nathele

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

but I am watching the signs of the times. ONLY God knows.
:blink:

Watch Jerusalem!

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Matthew 24:15-22

I'm not giving up on paying my bills, but I am trying to tell as many people as I can about Jesus. But, we should be doing that anyway.
:blink:

Amen!

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
Romans 13:11

Love, Joe

We aren't to know the day or the hour but we are to watch for the signs of the times.

I heard the Mayan calander prediction years ago and kept it in the back of my mind for years as just a matter of interest. Well, last year my daughter and I were studying astronomy (I homeschool) and used a book written by a Christian/young earther astrophysicist. In it he spoke of there being evidence that the magnetic poles of the earth had reversed in the past (north pole became south pole). This evidence is found in the rocks and secular scientists as well as Christians agree that there has been a reversal in the past, we just disagree on the timing (it couldn't have happened more than about 7,000 years ago since the earth wasn't here). My thought, when I read this was could this polar reversal have been what God used to trigger Noah's Flood. The sun has a polar reversal happen about every 7 years. We ususally don't notice it much. Well, recently I came across a prediction by scientists that in 2012 the sun is predicted to reverse it's poles, but they also say the earth will reverse it's poles. Hmmm....

Issaiah 24:1 is prophecy. It says Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

I have been tracking earthquakes for quite some time and there are many more happening than when I first began watching about 3 years ago. (What did Jesus say about earthquakes in diverse places?)

Remember, that in Noah's Flood we have a "picture" of the rapture/tribulation: Enoch was "taken" "And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him." Genesis 5:24. (Rapture of the church prior to the Great Tribulation). Methuselah, Enoch's son, was the oldest person who ever lived. He died the year that the Flood happened (showing us God's grace). Noah and his family entered the Ark and God shut the door. The flood came - oh, much worse than a little flood - but Noah and his family were preserved through the flood even though all of the rest of the people and land animals died in God's judgment.

The nations are lining up and making alliances - check out the EU for instance. Israel doesn't have too many friends. Prophecy seems to be coming to life. Now, if (and I really do mean if) this happens, could this predicted polar reversal trigger the Great Tribulation? If so, the church will be raptured before then. A Bible teacher who I study feels that this could be the fulfillment of the 6th seal judgment.

I'm not putting a day or hour on it, but I am watching the signs of the times. ONLY God knows. I'm not giving up on paying my bills, but I am trying to tell as many people as I can about Jesus. But, we should be doing that anyway.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Thank you so much for your kind reply! :24:

Why is it that "Christians" are so fascinated with pagan religions and pagan prophecies?

Its pathetic. The world will not end on 2012, its a Biblical impossibility for the "End of the World" to occur for at least a THOUSAND years, because the "End of Time" does not happen until a thousand years after the tribulation.

Even Isaac Newton once wrote a paper showing how it was Biblically impossible for Jesus second coming to occur before 2049.

So please, please, "Christians" quit reading this crap and quit confusing Baal or your other favorite pagan deity with Jehovah.

I was simply quoting what the program stated in my original post and was sincerely seeking the thoughts of others and a correct perspective, not their judgement on me or anyone else's being a "Christian." I'm sorry my interest in this story is "pathetic" to you, but it was an honest question seeking more information and a godly perspective on the issue. I thank all of you who responded with scripture and truth as well as kindness and love. :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,861
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Personally, my belief is this:

The world (as we know it) will end one day, and Christ will create a new heaven and a new earth.

But of more importance to us is this:

I believe that the world ends when we die......for us, (individually), at least.

Suppose I die tomorrow..........I believe that the world has then ended for me, anyway. I won't see any more of the world, or have any part in it, until Christ shows up.

Following that logic......the world could end for each one of us, at any moment.

Strange, I know.......and maybe others on here would disagree with me. :24:

The world (as we know it) will end one day, and Christ will create a new heaven and a new earth.

I believe that the world ends when we die......for us, (individually), at least.

Suppose I die tomorrow..........I believe that the world has then ended for me, anyway. I won't see any more of the world, or have any part in it, until Christ shows up.

Following that logic......the world could end for each one of us, at any moment.

Strange, I know.......and maybe others on here would disagree with me. :24:

Well.....you ARE a strange one..... :24:

But I hear you loud and clear! :24::b:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Strange, I know.......and maybe others on here would disagree with me. :wub:

:emot-highfive: