• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Shalom Sweety,

Actually, I have to disagree with you.

Check out Totally Christian Karate, link posted above and you'll see a BIG difference in what is taught there and what you describe.

I'm so sorry about your brother. :noidea:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

How did I miss this? I took karate years ago, and had the same experience as others....there was no religion whatsoever taught. The discipline helped me immensely with my concentration and focus. Unfortunately, I guess I was a sucky student since when I needed the skills the most, my mind blanked out. :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

How did I miss this? I took karate years ago, and had the same experience as others....there was no religion whatsoever taught. The discipline helped me immensely with my concentration and focus. Unfortunately, I guess I was a sucky student since when I needed the skills the most, my mind blanked out. :thumbsup:

thank-you,thank-you...your responses are great. Ya know people tell you stuff ,Now i ahve gone to the horses mouth so to speak...great stallions and phillies as well.

Vickilyn got a great reply from the link you gave me ...very nice they do not know of a christian place here in upstate new york but they let me know where to look and also if I needed they will check out who I choose. They also suggested I wait until she is a little older. so Thanks guys and my daughter would thank-you....only if she knew :)

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,831
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Shalom Sweety,

Actually, I have to disagree with you.

Check out Totally Christian Karate, link posted above and you'll see a BIG difference in what is taught there and what you describe.

I'm so sorry about your brother. :emot-pray:

Yes, I remember looking at the Christian Karate site a number of months ago.

I still have problems, though, with teaching kids deadly fighting techniques.

Not everybody would agree with me. I understand. :huh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I take my 8 year old son to Tae Kwon Do lessons. His teacher is Christian so there's little emphasis on Eastern philosophy. They do learn about it's origins and what the terms stand for as it is often required for belt testing.

BTW - My son is a green belt (with the black stripe in the middle).

I was picked on a lot as a kid. The first time my son came home crying from being picked on we were headed to the Tae Kwon Do class and signed up. He hasn't had a single problem since.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Kinda my brother's experience, too...he never even had to use his Karate techniques or anything, all it took was for word to get out that he was in Karate and was naturally good at it...and that happened just because the class was actually taught by a teacher at the school, and some kids oveheard this teacher saying to my brother "hey, are you going to keep coming to Karate? You have a natural ability, you know."

Kinda my brother's experience, too...he never even had to use his Karate techniques or anything, all it took was for word to get out that he was in Karate and was naturally good at it...and that happened just because the class was actually taught by a teacher at the school, and some kids oveheard this teacher saying to my brother "hey, are you going to keep coming to Karate? You have a natural ability, you know."

My brother and I were part of a military family, so we moved about every 2 years or so. Needless to say, we got used to dealing with the "fresh meat on the school yard" syndrome.

We started mugging the bullies. :th_wave::thumbsup: