IGNORED

payment of sins

Guest madron

Guest madron

If Jesus died for ALL my sins then why are there scriptures like in Matt. where Jesus says "If you don't forgive your brother God won't forgive you". or in Gal. I beleive where Paul talks about no fornicator , adulturer , ect. will inhereite the kingdom of Heaven. Are these not everyday sins that we all deal with?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

When we are saved, we are new creations in Christ. If our heart does not show evidence of that change, if we continue in habitual sin refusing to even see that it is sin, like adultery etc.......doesnt say much for the supposed change in the heart. I believe that is what Paul was speaking about.

Jesus said we would be known by our love. If we do not forgive others, then what does that say about our love? Again it comes down to a tangible change on the heart. Do we as believers show in our lives that we are changed?

Guest hopiebear
If Jesus died for ALL my sins then why are there scriptures like in Matt. where Jesus says "If you don't forgive your brother God won't forgive you". or in Gal. I beleive where Paul talks about no fornicator , adulturer , ect. will inhereite the kingdom of Heaven. Are these not everyday sins that we all deal with?

Jesus died so you may be forgiven.He died upon the cross ,so that you may get forgiveness for the sins.One must not contiune to go forward in sin.without asking forgiveness.to sin and not ask forgiveness how can you be forgiven..Jesus is telling you of sins so that you will know the word of God and that you may ask and be forgiven!

Jesus walked the earth teaching Gods word and was hung on a cross for this.He died so you may have your sins washed away.One will always sin because we are of human flesh and God knows this.THat's why through Jesus you can ask and he will forgive you!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from the Worthy Welcome Forum to the Doctrinal Questions Forum

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring you to God, after being put to death in the fleshly realm but made alive in the spiritual realm.

1 Peter 3:18 HCSB

Guest ThomasE

Because we are told to be like Christ and love our neighbors as ourselves as well as love our enemies for "the rain fall both on the righteous and the unrighteous". It may be that that compassionate word or by simply saying (honestly too) "I forgive you and I love you" to a person who has wronged you may indeed bring them to Christ. God's ways are not our ways and we must be prepared to minister to all peoples, be they a noisy neighbor or a rude freeway driver. God bless and take care of yourself.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Cajunboy:::: Dear one, Just because Jesus came to die on the cross for the sins of man, does not exclude us from trying to live a sinless life. It is my belief that after God smited the Israelites from the face of the earth, and after their wasted trek for 40 years through the desert, God had to make it known to man that HE would not interfere with our existance until HE comes one more final time ; to scoop up HIS believers and take them to his Heaven of eternal bliss. But after this, how could God let man know that HE would not smite you the first time you sin again or the next? So by using HIS own being, represented as HIS Son, and allowing man to see and physically touch HIM, HE showed us viable evidence that HE is true to HIS word and gives us visable hope that HE IS REAL! I can tell you that as you age, you will find most sin fairly easy to avoid, with the constant knowledge and evidence that God is living within YOU! But God can only call you. You have to want to respond to HIS call and act upon it. You do this my avoiding SIN, AND BELIEVING IN HIM and HIS WORDS!

Don't ever let any man on earth ever fool you into believing that you can live everyday knowing you are purposely sinning and God will take you with HIM when HE comes to call. Study, pray and read every page, scripture and verse as many times as you can of the Bible (God's Words) and you will find that for yourself when HE comes to live within you!

Blessings

Cajunboy

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

dear one,

thoes scriptures have nothing to do with our salvation and god's forgiving our sins,,

they are about the consequenses one experiences if we don't put into play gods precepts....

gods forgivness of sin does not give us license to live however we want to in that if we live outside of gods ways we will have neg. consequences ..that's why god's set up some perimiters for us humans...

and god also gives us the freedom to choose whom we are going to serve.

rainie

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Madron,

Just make sure you are one of the 'whosoevers' that is mentioned in Jn.3:16. :emot-hug::emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  367
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/23/1959

Welcome Madron! When we sin we pray and ask God to forgive us. We repent from that sin, turn away, and promise not to do it again. God's grace and mercy extends towards us, but we can allow sin to become habitual.