• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

OP = I'm not sure what you're trying to say -

the scripture says, "...IF it were possible, the very elect would be deceived." Matt 24:24

Prophets are still here until believers are home with Christ Jesus.

False prophets, the true prophets ended after john died.

there will be only 2 prophets that will come back to this world and thats the two that will appear during the tribulation

but they are elijah and enoch, two men who never died.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

the scripture says, "...IF it were possible, the very elect would be deceived." Matt 24:24

The elect are a small bunch aren't they, and are not today's Christian leaders pumping up a broad road, complete with a backpack full of grievous burdens.

Judge what I say, is it not scripture. Didnot Martin Luther point you out to the law, and said that the singleness is in Christ, and it is easy for a man in a town to come up with another sect, pumped up by the head sect. Are not all tables full of vomit and filthiness and that there is no place clean?

The 1525 Tyndale 2007 format

John 13:16-20 Verily, verily I say unto you, the servant is not greater than his master. Neither the messenger greater than he that sent him.

17 If ye understand these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

there will be only 2 prophets that will come back to this world and thats the two that will appear during the tribulation

Now I know this is your stance on this, but where exactly does God and His Word state this so boldly as you proclaim it?

• Group:  Diamond Member

Now I know this is your stance on this, but where exactly does God and His Word state this so boldly as you proclaim it?

Jesus when he finished the word at the Cross. The whole bible is a plan of salvation, from Genesis to Revelation!

Jesus when he finished the word at the Cross. The whole bible is a plan of salvation, from Genesis to Revelation!

Yes, Jesus finished everything concerning Him prophecied and thus completed everything needed for the salvation we can receive today. But nowhere does that mean that God has stopped sending prophets because that is like to say God has stopped speaking. Just because a prophet may come, doens't mean they are adding to the Bible or adding to the salvation plan like Mormons do with their new book etc. If someone comes proclaiming a new "face" of God not revealed in Scripture, or telling a new way to salvation apart from Jesus Christ, then yes I'd call them a false prophet then!

They have powers and attributes like Elijah & Enoch. No where in scripture does it say that these two witnesses are Elijah & Enoch. They could be, but no one knows that for sure. Just because they were translated and did not die does not mean that they have to return to earth and suffer a physical death.

And, like others, I still cannot figure out what the point of this thread is.

Its reasonable to deduce that the two witnesses will be enoch and elijah as they didn't die. AND all men must die according to scripture.

It is appointed to man once to die and after this the judgement.

So they escaped death? I don't think so. Pulled up to heaven for a short time and will finish their mission in the future.

Yes, Jesus finished everything concerning Him prophecied and thus completed everything needed for the salvation we can receive today. But nowhere does that mean that God has stopped sending prophets because that is like to say God has stopped speaking. Just because a prophet may come, doens't mean they are adding to the Bible or adding to the salvation plan like Mormons do with their new book etc. If someone comes proclaiming a new "face" of God not revealed in Scripture, or telling a new way to salvation apart from Jesus Christ, then yes I'd call them a false prophet then!

Hmmm would you like to point out which prophet has come along fortelling the future that is sent by God? so far, i can't find one prophet that fortold anything that is a true prophet. for example, try ole pat roberson. he's missed the mark so many times you can't keep track. And if you claim to be a prophet and you make 1 inaccurate prophacy, then your a false prophet.

Hmmm would you like to point out which prophet has come along fortelling the future that is sent by God? so far, i can't find one prophet that fortold anything that is a true prophet. for example, try ole pat roberson. he's missed the mark so many times you can't keep track. And if you claim to be a prophet and you make 1 inaccurate prophacy, then your a false prophet.

Well as much as I would love to go over all this again, this topic has already been hashed to death in this thread (of which I'm sure you were a part of, weren't you?) http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=65695 read through that again, I've stated my position there on this whole "prophets" thing.

Lets not highjack this thread :24:

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

why is it that people today need a prophet so bad their willing to follow anyone that claims to be a prophet of God anywhere! We had Christ come and tell us all that is needed to know! it's recorded in the bible. Genesis has the beginning of the world/universe and Revelation has the end of the world/universe and everything in between has been prophecied.

why do people need some new revelation! ?? Isn't the word of God, and christs teachings enough?? isn't his prophacies enough, isn't the last prophet's words, (john) enough?

I do not believe that people need a prophet so bad but it is part of the fivefold ministry and either rarely seen, Questioned all the time, some do not belivein prophets todat. But just think how many do seek do know there future....and not in a Godly way. I do not care to seek my future at all. I know it. patricia :24:

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Yes, Jesus finished everything concerning Him prophesied and thus completed everything needed for the salvation we can receive today. But nowhere does that mean that God has stopped sending prophets because that is like to say God has stopped speaking. Just because a prophet may come, doens't mean they are adding to the Bible or adding to the salvation plan like Mormons do with their new book etc. If someone comes proclaiming a new "face" of God not revealed in Scripture, or telling a new way to salvation apart from Jesus Christ, then yes I'd call them a false prophet then!

Exactly!

If we were to get technical, we could easily say everything that ever needed to be said was said in Genesis, up until the Gospels, when Jesus fulfilled the Genesis prophesies. Everything else was documenting events and the working of God throughout history. He's not done yet. We still document His hand working around the world. You can't shut God up in 66 books. That, once again, is idolizing the 66 books, rather than God.