• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

Hmmm would you like to point out which prophet has come along fortelling the future that is sent by God? so far, i can't find one prophet that fortold anything that is a true prophet. for example, try ole pat roberson. he's missed the mark so many times you can't keep track. And if you claim to be a prophet and you make 1 inaccurate prophacy, then your a false prophet.

Well as much as I would love to go over all this again, this topic has already been hashed to death in this thread (of which I'm sure you were a part of, weren't you?) http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=65695 read through that again, I've stated my position there on this whole "prophets" thing.

Lets not highjack this thread :thumbsup:

Sorry but i am not going to go read 16+ pages to get a simple answer. just name one prophet sent by God and has fortold a future event and it has come to pass 100% since john wrote revelation.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is it that people today need a prophet so bad their willing to follow anyone that claims to be a prophet of God anywhere! We had Christ come and tell us all that is needed to know! it's recorded in the bible. Genesis has the beginning of the world/universe and Revelation has the end of the world/universe and everything in between has been prophecied.

why do people need some new revelation! ?? Isn't the word of God, and christs teachings enough?? isn't his prophacies enough, isn't the last prophet's words, (john) enough?

I do not believe that people need a prophet so bad but it is part of the fivefold ministry and either rarely seen, Questioned all the time, some do not belivein prophets todat. But just think how many do seek do know there future....and not in a Godly way. I do not care to seek my future at all. I know it. patricia :thumbsup:

Ah but the five fold ministry doesn't includ foretelling prophets. those would be forthtelling which is a totally different thing!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Ah but the five fold ministry doesn't includ foretelling prophets. those would be forthtelling which is a totally different thing!

And how did you determine that exactly?

But that aside for the moment.. let's just make sure we are clear on what you are claiming here:

Dictoinary.com

fore

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

OP = I'm not sure what you're trying to say -

the scripture says, "...IF it were possible, the very elect would be deceived." Matt 24:24

Prophets are still here until believers are home with Christ Jesus.

False prophets, the true prophets ended after john died.

there will be only 2 prophets that will come back to this world and thats the two that will appear during the tribulation

but they are elijah and enoch, two men who never died.

Now I know this is your stance on this, but where exactly does God and His Word state this so boldly as you proclaim it?

I would like to let our bible take the headway and shew that prophets are God's will to turn men from all false ways. For both the prophet and priest deal with falsity and lies. Know that this voice cometh from the Lord and is a warning to God's people Jerusalem, to flee idoltary, pull down the strongholds of coveteous and wanton tradtions of men. So that the believer may be equipped to do every good work in Christ Iesu.

The spirit of the prophet is subject to the prophets, you have a more sure word of the prophets

Jeremiah 5 20

• Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Eph 4:14 That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, [even] Christ:

Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>

Until The Holy Spirit teaches me otherwise, apostles-prophets-evangelists-pastors-teachers and all the Gifts of The Holy Spirit given in 1 Corinthians 12 [and elsewhere] "are for today". This Ephesians Scripture, to me, stands out-to me, this does not describe the visible Church of THE Jesus Christ . To me, Acts 15 where the apostles and elders came together to settle doctrinal issues IS FOR TODAY!

Unless having thinks like some 33,800 "denominations",yearly meetings to see if "pro-choice/Roe v Wade" [first-degree murder], "gay" marriage/"gay" leaders , voting for Bishops/overseers rather than apointment by an Apostle is the way to go.

Still no one has come up with a bonafide, verifiable foretelling prophet that has risen since john died. he was the LAST Apostle, as well as the last living prophet.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I'd like to see some scripture to back that claim.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

From the bible.ReC version,

The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to Him to show His slaves what swiftly takes place; and He made it known by signs sending it by His angel, to give to John.

My point being that, as far as I can make out that Jesus was the first and last prophet in the NT and Malachi was the last OT prophet. By reading Hebrews1.1:3 God passed the reins over to His son, whom He anointed Heir of all things through whom He made the universe.

So don't try and tell me that God told Joe Dokes down the street, that something is going to happen on a certain date, that He omitted to tell us in His word. Modern day prophets can only encourage people to utter forth some of the events that He has already spoken of, to His prophets, His son included, already in the bible,

And that includes Godly men like Pat Robertson, Hal Lindsey,David Wilkerson et all and they are only three of the most clued up preachers in the christian world.

On Patmos John only penned what he was told to, and what not to.

Sorry, if anyone is offended, but this is only my view.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

he was the LAST Apostle,

Oh so he was the last Apostle now too? You just keep adding to these claims!

He doesn't even state that he is an apostle in the opening lines of Revelation like most the other epistles do; he says he is a servant of Jesus. Revelation was also written in Hebraic Greek and is very different from the writing style of John's Gospel and the letters of John, so it is generally thought it is a different John who wrote Revelation. It is only tradition that states it's the same John as the Gospel.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

he was the LAST Apostle,

Oh so he was the last Apostle now too? You just keep adding to these claims!

He doesn't even state that he is an apostle in the opening lines of Revelation like most the other epistles do; he says he is a servant of Jesus. Revelation was also written in Hebraic Greek and is very different from the writing style of John's Gospel and the letters of John, so it is generally thought it is a different John who wrote Revelation. It is only tradition that states it's the same John as the Gospel.

Oh dear, it's not tradition that states that John the revelator is the same John who was the apostle, It is scriptual. and he was the last NT apostle, recorded