• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

"And He did not do many works of power there, because of their unbelief

(their lack of faith in the divine mission of Jesus). -Matt 13:58 (amp bible)

:noidea::):noidea::emot-questioned::21::emot-questioned:

I just like to point out that the man at the pool was not saved by faith because he had no idea who had cured him.

John 5:12 So they asked him, "Who is this fellow who told you to pick it up and walk?" 13 The man who was healed had no idea who it was, for Jesus had slipped away into the crowd that was there.

Exodus 33:19

And the Lord said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

IHS

JB

Shalom JB,

Amen, exactly!! :noidea:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Thanks Oak.

It seems from your post that Satan has the power to twart Gods plans. I don't think that's possible. The Bible says that all believers have the power to do those things that Christ did....but I'm just wondering if that was only for that time...or for our present time.

I think Satan can if we let him, for a time. Ultimately God's plans will win out.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,832
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

God heals today. :)

I had a friend who was several years older than me. He had severe arthritis in his shoulder, and was unable to lift his arm above his shoulder, for many years prior. He didn't believe in God. I tried unsuccessfully on many occasions to convince him of the truth of God, to no avail.

One day I took him to a Melvin Banks crusade, as he was visiting our church for about a week.

Melvin Banks is a Healer and evangelist, btw.

As my friend sat in the seat, listening to this man, he was suddenly overcome with a tangible feeling of warmth, in his shoulder, (His own words). He knew immediately that he had been healed. He lifted his arm above his shoulder for the first time in years, and began swinging it around.

He has never looked back. He has since gotten married to another woman at church, and is now happily married.

Now...regarding this Melvin Banks crusade.......I was somewhat backslidden at the time. I remember opening my evening paper one night and seeing the advertisement for this crusade. Somehow the advert seemed to 'shine out' at me, and I was unable to throw the paper away.....as I usually do with the daily/evening paper...

So I hid it under a cushion in my living room, retrieving it often, just to look at it. But I was unable to throw it away. This went on for a week or more, until the crusade started. Every day, I would take out the paper from under the cushion and look at it. Every day, some light seemed to shine out at me from it....so I would place it back under the cushion.

So I decided to go down to my local pentecostal church on the opening night of this crusade. What I saw astounded me.

This was my first time at that church. I remember vividly the battles I had to overcome just to get to the church. The pentecostal church was about 2 miles from me. I walked all the way.

EVERY step of the way, I was plagued with doubts and fears. I pressed on, nevertheless. Every step, every mile, I struggled with the thought of turning back. This was truly a battle of immense proportions.

Eventually, I reached the doors of the church. The minute I stepped inside the door, the battle was over. I felt inside a great sense of relief.

I reported back to my family.

The following night, my older sister, and my younger sister, and my dad came with me to the second night of the crusade.

All were saved.

My younger sister is now the wife of a pastor, and they run their own church. I can provide a link to their church, (with pictures) if anyone is interested :emot-questioned:

My older sister is going on with God.

My dad was speaking in tongues shortly before he died.

I know for a fact that God would not allow me to throw that advert away.

He has done many things for me, since, through the ministry of that church.

God heals today :emot-questioned:

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

God heals today. :)

I had a friend who was several years older than me. He had severe arthritis in his shoulder, and was unable to lift his arm above his shoulder, for many years prior. He didn't believe in God. I tried unsuccessfully on many occasions to convince him of the truth of God, to no avail.

One day I took him to a Melvin Banks crusade, as he was visiting our church for about a week.

Melvin Banks is a Healer and evangelist, btw.

As my friend sat in the seat, listening to this man, he was suddenly overcome with a tangible feeling of warmth, in his shoulder, (His own words). He knew immediately that he had been healed. He lifted his arm above his shoulder for the first time in years, and began swinging it around.

He has never looked back. He has since gotten married to another woman at church, and is now happily married.

Now...regarding this Melvin Banks crusade.......I was somewhat backslidden at the time. I remember opening my evening paper one night and seeing the advertisement for this crusade. Somehow the advert seemed to 'shine out' at me, and I was unable to throw the paper away.....as I usually do with the daily/evening paper...

So I hid it under a cushion in my living room, retrieving it often, just to look at it. But I was unable to throw it away. This went on for a week or more, until the crusade started. Every day, I would take out the paper from under the cushion and look at it. Every day, some light seemed to shine out at me from it....so I would place it back under the cushion.

So I decided to go down to my local pentecostal church on the opening night of this crusade. What I saw astounded me.

This was my first time at that church. I remember vividly the battles I had to overcome just to get to the church. The pentecostal church was about 2 miles from me. I walked all the way.

EVERY step of the way, I was plagued with doubts and fears. I pressed on, nevertheless. Every step, every mile, I struggled with the thought of turning back. This was truly a battle of immense proportions.

Eventually, I reached the doors of the church. The minute I stepped inside the door, the battle was over. I felt inside a great sense of relief.

I reported back to my family.

The following night, my older sister, and my younger sister, and my dad came with me to the second night of the crusade.

All were saved.

My younger sister is now the wife of a pastor, and they run their own church. I can provide a link to their church, (with pictures) if anyone is interested :emot-questioned:

My older sister is going on with God.

My dad was speaking in tongues shortly before he died.

I know for a fact that God would not allow me to throw that advert away.

He has done many things for me, since, through the ministry of that church.

God heals today :emot-questioned:

You just made me cry................God bless you! :noidea:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,832
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Yep...I kid you not.

The church website is here:

http://www.rpc-uk.com/

Steve Gaskell is the senior pastor at the church. He is my bother in law.

My sister is pictured here with him....Steve and Angela Gaskell

http://www.rpc-uk.com/leadership.html

My sister is Angela.

They will both tell you how God has been good, and how God heals today :emot-questioned:

God heals today.....and God is good! :emot-questioned:

Btw....thanks, SP :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I can't realy explain why there is a lot of people who are sick and suffer today, but I know what Jesus said.

God will bless you people who are crying. You will laugh! (Luke 6.21)

God bless you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Thanks for the replys guys. The reason I started this thread is because I was watching a Benny Hinn video and there was this little girl in a wheelchair...and her mother was saying that she KNEW God healed today and she had all the faith in the world that God was going to heal her crippled little girl. They were so happy going to the service in anticipation of healing...

...well, I think you know how this story ended.

It just broke my heart so much! All I could ask was why, why, why??? They had so much faith that it was going to happen!

Sometimes I just let these things get to me. I mean, if God says we can heal, and expel demons, and even raise the dead, I take that as a promise and a fact. But when was the last time you saw a Christian raise anyone from the dead? Not in some far away country, but here...in the USA?

Thanks for the replys guys. The reason I started this thread is because I was watching a Benny Hinn video and there was this little girl in a wheelchair...and her mother was saying that she KNEW God healed today and she had all the faith in the world that God was going to heal her crippled little girl. They were so happy going to the service in anticipation of healing...

It just broke my heart so much! All I could ask was why, why, why??? They had so much faith that it was going to happen!

Sometimes I just let these things get to me. I mean, if God says we can heal, and expel demons, and even raise the dead, I take that as a promise and a fact. But when was the last time you saw a Christian raise anyone from the dead? Not in some far away country, but here...in the USA?

Shalom Kari,

As I posted before, it is not the CHRISTIAN who heals, it is G-d.

And faith has nothing to do with it, healing comes from G-d and for His glory. We can have all the faith we want, but G-d may not heal. Because G-d does not heal everyone. Just look in the Bible, Jesus did not heal everyone although He could have.

And Benny Hinn is but a man, not G-d.

I'll ask you again, if you really believe this:

I mean, if God says we can heal, and expel demons, and even raise the dead, I take that as a promise and a fact.

Then why aren't YOU out in the hospitals, funerals homes and all over the world doing just that? Instead of looking at other Christians, why aren't you healing the sick, raising the dead, making the lame walk? :emot-hug: I'm not being sarcastic, I'm asking sincerely. You either believe it or you don't.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Shalom Kari,

As I posted before, it is not the CHRISTIAN who heals, it is G-d.

And faith has nothing to do with it, healing comes from G-d and for His glory. We can have all the faith we want, but G-d may not heal. Because G-d does not heal everyone. Just look in the Bible, Jesus did not heal everyone although He could have.

And Benny Hinn is but a man, not G-d.

I'll ask you again, if you really believe this:

I mean, if God says we can heal, and expel demons, and even raise the dead, I take that as a promise and a fact.

Then why aren't YOU out in the hospitals, funerals homes and all over the world doing just that? Instead of looking at other Christians, why aren't you healing the sick, raising the dead, making the lame walk? :emot-hug: I'm not being sarcastic, I'm asking sincerely. You either believe it or you don't.

Wow. You made a great point, and shamed me at the same time.

You are right on the money. I have got to stop talking, and get out there and do it.

Thanks for the tough love! :emot-hug:

Wow. You made a great point, and shamed me at the same time.

You are right on the money. I have got to stop talking, and get out there and do it.

Thanks for the tough love! :emot-hug:

Shalom Kari,

G-d bless you! If He uses you with the gift of healing, I pray for you and that you will do His will in being a vessel of His healing power to heal the sick, raise the dead, make the lame to walk, give sight to the blind and hearing to the deaf! May the L-rd use you mightily to do His work in His Name and for His glory! :wub::emot-hug: