• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Does God heal today? Do Christians have the power in Jesus' name in this day and age to heal? If that is true, why are we not all going to hospitals and healing in the name of Jesus?

Why are we not pulling people up out of wheelchairs?

Why are we not going into funeral homes and raising the dead? Didn't Jesus say we would be able to do these things?

Why are we not, in the name of Jesus, healing the blind? The deaf?

Is healing part of the atonement, or is it just wishful thinking on our part?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  214
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/01/1963

Does God heal today? Do Christians have the power in Jesus' name in this day and age to heal? If that is true, why are we not all going to hospitals and healing in the name of Jesus?

Why are we not going into funeral homes and raising the dead? Didn't Jesus say we would be able to do these things?

im only guessing but i believe in part why we dont pull people out of wheelchairs or raise the dead heal the blind and deaf is in part satan interfering with us and GOD has a plan for each of us its GOD who gives us the power to heal not our own. satan would twist the miracles of the lame walking as that lame person was faking it same with the deaf and blind and about raising the dead when the LORD calls we answer. there are some people who can heal by touch and prayer but they are so few that they cant help everyone which also comes to GODS plan for us perhaps he has reasons we cannot fathom why there are blind, deaf, mute, and crippled people. i am crippled but i donot ask to be healed i ask and pray to find a cure so others dont end up like me but then GOD made me a cripple for a reason and its up to me to try and find out why and then start doing GODS work, perhaps this is what GOD wants me to do is to help others, answer questions, help people find JESUS or strengthen their faith with GOD it seem ive been doing that alot and yet i aint sure if that is what GOD wants, why we dont go and heal everybody in the world only GOD can answer that question, but the main thing we all must remember is that the LORD has a plan for each of us and how HE wants us is how we are........i hope this helps i know it helped me .........oak :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

im only guessing but i believe in part why we dont pull people out of wheelchairs or raise the dead heal the blind and deaf is in part satan interfering with us and GOD has a plan for each of us its GOD who gives us the power to heal not our own. satan would twist the miracles of the lame walking as that lame person was faking it same with the deaf and blind and about raising the dead when the LORD calls we answer. there are some people who can heal by touch and prayer but they are so few that they cant help everyone which also comes to GODS plan for us perhaps he has reasons we cannot fathom why there are blind, deaf, mute, and crippled people. i am crippled but i donot ask to be healed i ask and pray to find a cure so others dont end up like me but then GOD made me a cripple for a reason and its up to me to try and find out why and then start doing GODS work, perhaps this is what GOD wants me to do is to help others, answer questions, help people find JESUS or strengthen their faith with GOD it seem ive been doing that alot and yet i aint sure if that is what GOD wants, why we dont go and heal everybody in the world only GOD can answer that question, but the main thing we all must remember is that the LORD has a plan for each of us and how HE wants us is how we are........i hope this helps i know it helped me .........oak :rolleyes:

Thanks Oak.

It seems from your post that Satan has the power to twart Gods plans. I don't think that's possible. The Bible says that all believers have the power to do those things that Christ did....but I'm just wondering if that was only for that time...or for our present time.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  178

Hi Kari

I hate people who answer a question with a question but today I am going to do that.

What does it mean to do something in someone's else's name?

Does it mean that you are using that person's authority because that person asked you to do that act, whatever it may be?

Remember the story of the sick man at the pool in John 5. There "lay a multitude of the sick--blind, lame, and paralyzed [--waiting for the moving of the water," but Christ chose to heal only one. Now if you were with Him and decided that you were going to heal the rest of them in His name do you think He would have allowed that?

So to try and answer my own question if I was to do something in then name of kari19 I would have to be told (requested) by you do that act. Not just do something that I thought you might like me to do but something you ask me to do.

If I was at the pool with Christ I probably would have wanted see everyone healed but that is not what He wanted.

And that is my problem I know what I want and sometimes I mix that up with what Christ wants.

By His Grace

JB

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/07/1959

"And He did not do many works of power there, because of their unbelief

(their lack of faith in the divine mission of Jesus). -Matt 13:58 (amp bible)

:emot-hug::rolleyes::b::emot-hug:;):emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Why didn't Jesus heal ALL the sick and infirm at the Pool of Bethesda? He could have, you know.

These things are done according to God's will and OUR faith. Those two factors must meet at the same point.

I have personally seen every miracle you mentioned in my own Ministry at different times, but not ALL THE TIME!

:emot-hug::rolleyes::b::emot-hug:;):emot-hug:

I agree Faith has something to do with it but God's Will is what ultimately decides who is healed and who isn't as has been pointed out Jesus didn't heal everyone he met- he visited Simon who was a leper but as far as we know Simon was still a leper when Jesus left. God does allow sickness for a reason and purpose- if you look at Job that purpose was to bring Job closer to God- it may be different in every case!

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

ri... here is a post on another thread..

Watch and then ask the question...

http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=67580

Blessings, Karen

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  178

:noidea::):noidea::emot-questioned::noidea::emot-questioned:

I just like to point out that the man at the pool was not saved by faith because he had no idea who had cured him.

John 5:12 So they asked him, "Who is this fellow who told you to pick it up and walk?" 13 The man who was healed had no idea who it was, for Jesus had slipped away into the crowd that was there.

Exodus 33:19

And the Lord said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

IHS

JB

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Does God heal today?

Shalom Kari,

Yes, G-d heals today. I myself am living proof, as I have been healed of Leukemia. I have had several miracles of healing in my body. But I was healed by G-d, not people.

Do Christians have the power in Jesus' name in this day and age to heal?

Only when and where and how He tells them. And not every person is to be healed. Jesus did NOT heal every person, although He could have.

If that is true, why are we not all going to hospitals and healing in the name of Jesus?

See above.

See above.

In HIS name, which means HIS will, not ours. We are but vessels of G-d. We are not G-d.

See above.

It is doing G-d's will, not our own. G-d does the healing, not us.

And I pose these question to you Kari. If you believe Christians are to go into the hospitals, funeral homes etc. Why aren't YOU doing that? Instead of asking others, are YOU walking out your own questions and beliefs? If not, why not? :)