kari21

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

All healing is from God. Sometimes He chooses to use the medical community, or sometimes He chooses to use more supernatural means. But all healing comes from Him

Shalom Eric,

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peoples faith in God was never the problem, I think that a lot of people beleive in God.

The problem is that people are not willing to folow Gods commandments. They say that they beleive in God and then go and break Gods commandments on daily bases.

yes, faith was a problem. how many times did Jesus heal someone and NOT talk about their faith? see matt 9:22, mark 5:34, 10:52, Luke 8:48 etc. how can you possibly look at these verses and say faith has nothing to do with healing? "be it according unto you as your faith..." Jesus healed those without faith, no doubt. but how can we deny the verses where Jesus said FAITH has healed someone. do we put them on the shelf b/c they don't coincide with our beliefs?? if you believe faith has nothing to do with healing, what DO you do with the verses where Jesus said a person's faith made them well? i'd really like to know.

and does not faith in God coinside with keeping His commandments? if i truly believed that God had my best intrests in mind when He gave the commandments he did, i would follow them. the reason i don't obey them is because i don't truly believe they are in my best interest. i don't believe, or trust, God. when i break His commandment, i TELL Him i don't believe. it's as simple as the chair illustration: if i have faith that it will hold me, i'll sit; if i don't, i won't. one's actions tell of one's beliefs. every time you sin, christian, you're telling God you don't believe in Him and His Words.

Shalom Manic,

Correct interpretation of those statements is that the people had faith in JESUS, not in faith and not faith in being healed. Faith in healing never healed anyone. Faith in JESUS and HIM as the Son of G-d and as G-d and in His ability to heal them, caused them to be healed, but it was all according to G-d's will. Faith was not and still is not a pre-requisite for G-d's healing. It is His choice.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Peoples faith in God was never the problem, I think that a lot of people beleive in God.

The problem is that people are not willing to folow Gods commandments. They say that they beleive in God and then go and break Gods commandments on daily bases.

yes, faith was a problem. how many times did Jesus heal someone and NOT talk about their faith? see matt 9:22, mark 5:34, 10:52, Luke 8:48 etc. how can you possibly look at these verses and say faith has nothing to do with healing? "be it according unto you as your faith..." Jesus healed those without faith, no doubt. but how can we deny the verses where Jesus said FAITH has healed someone. do we put them on the shelf b/c they don't coincide with our beliefs?? if you believe faith has nothing to do with healing, what DO you do with the verses where Jesus said a person's faith made them well? i'd really like to know.

and does not faith in God coinside with keeping His commandments? if i truly believed that God had my best intrests in mind when He gave the commandments he did, i would follow them. the reason i don't obey them is because i don't truly believe they are in my best interest. i don't believe, or trust, God. when i break His commandment, i TELL Him i don't believe. it's as simple as the chair illustration: if i have faith that it will hold me, i'll sit; if i don't, i won't. one's actions tell of one's beliefs. every time you sin, christian, you're telling God you don't believe in Him and His Words.

I was just trying to say that people say that they beleive in God but they realy don't. So we are realy saying the same thing.

If you realy beleive you will be healed.

God bless you.

I was just trying to say that people say that they beleive in God but they realy don't. So we are realy saying the same thing.

Shalom,

The Scriptures say that if we ask according to His will, He hears us.

Faith in faith is nothing. Faith in healing will not get us healed.

According to G-d's will is the caveat to whether we get healed or not.

1 John 5

13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. 14And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 15And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Shalom,

The Scriptures say that if we ask according to His will, He hears us.

Faith in faith is nothing. Faith in healing will not get us healed.

According to G-d's will is the caveat to whether we get healed or not.

1 John 5

13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. 14And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 15And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.

Shalom,

Yes , if we beleive in him and if it's his will.

God bless you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Shalom Manic,

Correct interpretation of those statements is that the people had faith in JESUS, not in faith and not faith in being healed. Faith in healing never healed anyone. Faith in JESUS and HIM as the Son of G-d and as G-d and in His ability to heal them, caused them to be healed, but it was all according to G-d's will. Faith was not and still is not a pre-requisite for G-d's healing. It is His choice.

I have seen miracles and healings kari, It does exist and people have been raised from the dead. Faith is important ingredient for Gods people. There are also a lot of charltans out there as well. I am not sure I have to look it up but i think worker of miracles is a seperate gift :thumbsup: I have a story maybe it belongs here I am not sure and many may have heard it. I will finish with it though. Sometimes healings are slow and sometimes not. Is it discernment..I do not know... Lack of word of knowledge... I do not think so Even when Jesus was walking through a crowd the woman just touched the hem of his garment and Jesus turned to see who it was. In other countries where minute by minute is lived by faith one sees more of Gods miracles and Healings. If you do not see much of it ask the Precious Lord that you see the need around you and to anoint you in this manner.

the STORY

A haggard old man, poor and wretched in appearence, old clothes, holes in his shoes unshaven would sit every day on Sunday on the steps of a church to hear what the preacherman had to say. He so Loved the sermons and they kept him going until the next week.

It became more difficult in the winter for the church would clothes their doors and lock them during the sermon to keep the congregants inside warm.He would walk 10 blocks in the winter in a old coat not lined...his gloves worn with fingers poking through the finger parts of the gloves.

One day a man had come to sit with him and asked him his name. He said his name was John but we need to be quiet to hear the preacher man speak..in takes a lot of straining and concentration especially in the cold. The man said Well maybe we can sit closer together and stay warmer. So they both scooted together on the cold wet step closest to the door. after the sermon the man said to John. Why do you not go inside, fellowship and stay warm...

oh no I can't replied John they don't want me in there, they lock the doors so I cannot go in... So the man said i will be here to keep you warm next week.. John had found a friend..with tears in his eyes he called out ..why don't you go in..the man replied Oh, they will not let me in either... John thinking he looked respectable what could be wrong with this man... John called to him What is your name.... Jesus....My Name is Jesus the man replied...they wont let me in either..Many churches grieve the Holy Spirit and will not let Jesus move further they are in a comfort zone. It is their conscious decision. It is sad! :rolleyes:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

a haggard old man, poor and wretched in appearence, old clothes, holes in his shoes unshaven would sit every day on Sunday on the steps of a church to hear what the preacherman had to say. He so Loved the sermons and they kept him going until the next week.

It became more difficult in the winter for the church would clothes their doors and lock them during the sermon to keep the congregants inside warm.He would walk 10 blocks in the winter in a old coat not lined...his gloves worn with fingers poking through the finger parts of the gloves.

One day a man had come to sit with him and asked him his name. He said his name was John but we need to be quiet to hear the preacher man speak..in takes a lot of straining and concentration especially in the cold. The man said Well maybe we can sit closer together and stay warmer. So they both scooted together on the cold wet step closest to the door. after the sermon the man said to John. Why do you not go inside, fellowship and stay warm...

oh no I can't replied John they don't want me in there, they lock the doors so I cannot go in... So the man said i will be here to keep you warm next week.. John had found a friend..with tears in his eyes he called out ..why don't you go in..the man replied Oh, they will not let me in either... John thinking he looked respectable what could be wrong with this man... John called to him What is your name.... Jesus....My Name is Jesus the man replied...they wont let me in either..

I loved that story so much! It really touched my heart!

It is so true as well. Many churches seem more concerned about how everybody looks, instead of the condition of their souls.

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Does God heal today? Do Christians have the power in Jesus' name in this day and age to heal? If that is true, why are we not all going to hospitals and healing in the name of Jesus?

Why are we not pulling people up out of wheelchairs?

Why are we not going into funeral homes and raising the dead? Didn't Jesus say we would be able to do these things?

Why are we not, in the name of Jesus, healing the blind? The deaf?

Is healing part of the atonement, or is it just wishful thinking on our part?

Get on metacrawler search engine and research a guy named Smith Wigglesworth.

He pulled people back from death. He was a genuine modern day apostle in the first half of the 20th century.

The only book he ever read in his whole life was the bible. His wife died and he pulled her out of a chorus in heaven singing with angels and had her back in her body. She was angry with him for doing that. So, he let her die again.

He was called the apostle of faith. He knew how to use faith for healing to a great degree. Stubborn faith. Faith that kept on going.

I read over the responses and was very delighted of God's wisdom and grace.

Yes, it is true. Jesus could have opted to heal everyone in that pool, just as He wanted everyone of us to be saved.

But the truth is- God also have given us freedom of choice- believe in what you wanted to believe.

The woman who have been bleeding was healed by her faith. She believed that if she can just touch the Lord's garment, she will be healed. She believed that it was Jesus who can heal her, and she received her healing.

The man in the pool doesn't know who healed him- but Jesus healed him. Why? Because it says that is was in our deepest hour that God shows His glory and in that action- the man was healed and many have marveled over the miracle!

In the same amount of our faith in the healing power of Christ can we be healed.

I heard someone says- " Faith is believing in something that you do not see; but the product of faith is seeing that something you believed is there!'

Glory to God! :laugh: