• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

It seems to me that what Science views as the speed up in the acceleration of the expansion of the Universe/"dark energy" may be the beginning of the fulfillment of the last/one of the last signs before The Second Coming:

Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power ...

AND

2Pe 3:10

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Very interesting thought.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I've looked into this once before, very interesting!!! :):24:

Remember when I saw this article a couple years ago what I thought. You can get to it on bbcnews.com for entire article:

Last Updated: Friday, 18 February, 2005, 19:10 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Huge 'star-quake' rocks Milky Way

The position of SGR1806-20 in a radio image of the sky - 50,000 light-years away

Astronomers say they have been stunned by the amount of energy released in a star explosion on the far side of our galaxy, 50,000 light-years away.

The flash of radiation on 27 December was so powerful that it bounced off the Moon and lit up the Earth's atmosphere.

The blast occurred on the surface of an exotic kind of star - a super-magnetic neutron star called SGR 1806-20.

If the explosion had been within just 10 light-years, Earth could have suffered a mass extinction, it is said.

This is a once-in-a-lifetime event

Dr Rob Fender, Southampton University

"We figure that it's probably the biggest explosion observed by humans within our galaxy since Johannes Kepler saw his supernova in 1604," Dr Rob Fender, of Southampton University, UK, told the BBC News website.

One calculation has the giant flare on SGR 1806-20 unleashing about 10,000 trillion trillion trillion watts.

"This is a once-in-a-lifetime event. We have observed an object only 20km across, on

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Also have been thinking about the Hubble constant for a number of years SUPPOSEDLY, and if General Relativity is correct, and some other assumptions are valid, the further away "things" are in the Universe, the faster they are speeding. Kind of opposite what intuition would predict if one view the "fact" of the "Big Bang" as a gigantic exposion. Anyway, the Hubble is a ratio of speed to distance, measuring the "red shift" and "confirming" an expanding Universe. Add to these assumptions the "fact" that looking at the light emitted from stellar objects is [at this point in time, now] from objects which emitted the light some time "ago".

I.E. we are looking back in time to where the object that emitted the light "was" [may not be there "now"-time is very hard to define]. Simple example-if the sun dsappeared, it would be 8 minutes before we had no light. So, if Universe has pretty much disappeared/dissolved already...

Some scientists point out that the night sky should be ablaze with light based on certain assumptions of "when" the "Big Bang" happened and all the light emitted in the supposed 13.7 billion years since the beginning. To me, perhaps the "Evolution is a Fact" and associated teachings from science may be undergoing the following:

Mat 21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

It may be God's anger kindling against us for our constantly worsening disobedience to Him. I would hold to this theory in the case of "global warming" then the theory that my neighbors SUV and cow flatulence for it.

I have been listening to "Jack Van Impe Presents" for the least few months and have gotten a few of his most recent DVDs about endtime prophecy. Had listened to his teachings in the 1980s and other times.

Wrote him about this 2Peter 3 and some "new heavens and earth" Scriptures. Jack used to believe that was next, but he believes that The Holy Spirit illuminated his mind and showed him all the Scriptures regarding "the earth abides forever" {there are many of these} and then changed his teachings. Something like 10 years or so ago he changed.

That what is next is the Trumpet of God /The Rapture and earth therefore will abide for at least 1007 plus more years after that. The 7 is the length of what he believes is The Great Tribulation length and the 1000 is what he believes is the literal length in calendar years of the Millennial reign of Jesus Christ here on earth. That earth will be restored during this time.

He has some 50 plus years into serious studies of The Word of God as well as prophecy. Something like 100,000 hours.

I find him and Rexella beautiful people and edifying. Right now I personally am too exhausted to do the kind of Holy Bible study I had planned to.

Any of you familiar with Jack's teachings?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I have been listening to "Jack Van Impe Presents" for the least few months and have gotten a few of his most recent DVDs about endtime prophecy. Had listened to his teachings in the 1980s and other times.

Wrote him about this 2Peter 3 and some "new heavens and earth" Scriptures. Jack used to believe that was next, but he believes that The Holy Spirit illuminated his mind and showed him all the Scriptures regarding "the earth abides forever" {there are many of these} and then changed his teachings. Something like 10 years or so ago he changed.

That what is next is the Trumpet of God /The Rapture and earth therefore will abide for at least 1007 plus more years after that. The 7 is the length of what he believes is The Great Tribulation length and the 1000 is what he believes is the literal length in calendar years of the Millennial reign of Jesus Christ here on earth. That earth will be restored during this time.

He has some 50 plus years into serious studies of The Word of God as well as prophecy. Something like 100,000 hours.

I find him and Rexella beautiful people and edifying. Right now I personally am too exhausted to do the kind of Holy Bible study I had planned to.

Any of you familiar with Jack's teachings?

I do know Jack and Roxella. I am ambivalent about them. Some of his interpretation of scripture I do not like and some is good. I have not seen him recently and basically I listen to others as well that I enjoy more.

I need to go but have more to say...God bless patricia1